PDA

View Full Version : Starting a cod4 team

Pages : [1] 2

Sycario
07-06-08, 06:13 PM
I want to start a cod4 team. Retsam said he would play and I have 2 other guys I know that would play. Who all is interested and would be around for practice/matches/scrims? (preferably be in the US also)

I have a Ventrilo server we can use and all that so reply if you are interested.

methimpikehoses
07-06-08, 09:40 PM
I nominate Monolyth and Trixtieh. And bob "faggot" saget. :bleh:

Madpistol
07-06-08, 10:35 PM
I'm interested. I haven't been in a clan since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was on the market. I'll readily admit that I will be taking several "leave of absense" times, but if ya'll can put up with that, I'm game. :D

Runningman
07-06-08, 11:57 PM
First off, we need a practice server, which i can supply unless someone has one at a datacenter that we could use.
we also need a tag. I guess we should use NvN, no?

Gaco
07-07-08, 04:51 AM
Are you gonna move the server to NY at some point? Because that'd give me 100-110 ping which is much more manageable than my current 180-200 ping :o

Logical
07-07-08, 06:33 AM
Ye ping is a prob for me too at 150ms :(

methimpikehoses
07-07-08, 01:05 PM
[nvn]

^this message is too short

ArrowMk84
07-07-08, 01:32 PM
Funny, I just bought CoD4 on Steam. I might be interested, depending on what you're going to require and if you don't mind having a complete n00b on your team.

Sycario
07-07-08, 01:48 PM
I can setup servers. I think this team will be mostly just for fun. If we want to take it more seriously and practice a lot and get good as a team we can do that too. I rather practice and scrim and maybe get on a ladder.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I don't have you on xfire/steam.

I'm going to put the server(s) in chicago. That should be better for most people.

Runningman
07-07-08, 10:09 PM
I can setup servers. I think this team will be mostly just for fun. If we want to take it more seriously and practice a lot and get good as a team we can do that too. I rather practice and scrim and maybe get on a ladder.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I don't have you on xfire/steam.

I'm going to put the server(s) in chicago. That should be better for most people.Do you have a choice of colocation centers, if you do make sure its a carrier neutral center. that way there are multiple paths back to diffrent ISP's reducing the latency.

Madpistol
07-07-08, 10:46 PM
When do we play?

methimpikehoses
07-07-08, 11:19 PM
Now

Runningman
07-08-08, 02:07 AM
rather practice and scrim and maybe get on a ladder.Wouldn't it be fun to challenge other sites, say like rage. I mean how fun would that be to pound on the kids over there!?!

six_storm
07-08-08, 08:17 AM
Count me in for some practicing! I will be in the process of moving this week and weekend, but I know that I'll have plenty of time next week to sit down and play. Will someone PM me about the server info?

Madpistol
07-08-08, 08:24 AM
So we need a leader that can decide when we practice and such.

Does our server support talking to teammates?

Runningman
07-08-08, 08:41 AM
So we need a leader that can decide when we practice and such.

Does our server support talking to teammates?

Well the owner of the server should dictate the rules its his time and money after all.

Tr1cK
07-08-08, 08:46 AM
I still need to get this and then I would be game.

Gaco
07-08-08, 09:07 AM
Can't join the server anymore. "Server is for low pings only" :(

Sycario
07-08-08, 11:05 AM
Everyone needs to get on IRC or something. It's easier.

six_storm
07-08-08, 11:25 AM
I need to get my mic working . . . :(

methimpikehoses
07-08-08, 12:12 PM
Can't join the server anymore. "Server is for low pings only" :(

There's something wrong with PB... I was getting that error on some other servers last night as well. People were getting kicked right and left... my ping was 88 and I still got kicked. :lol:

SLippe
07-08-08, 01:39 PM
I'm all for joining the team. I've been playing with the tag [NVN] in front of my name already. We going to use Vent?

Sycario
07-08-08, 02:29 PM
Yeah, we will use Vent. I can supply server and everything.

Lets all get on IRC and get organized.

If you don't have it, get mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/) (not free, trial) or XChat (http://www.xchat.org/) (free).
mIRC never actually times out so you can keep using it. I recommend that since it's easier.

The channel will be on irc.gamesurge.net #nvnews and #silentexecution

#silentexecution will be our team channel

hokeyplyr48
07-08-08, 02:45 PM
yah i'm in. i'll be on later tonight if anyone else is

Sycario
07-08-08, 03:41 PM
Well different people have different things and it makes it kind of hard to organize people. Plus if we get on IRC you can join pugs or get scrims. It really is much easier.

Now..... GOGO IRC :D