PDA

View Full Version : Memory issue with 650i ultra

jonoelgrande
07-08-08, 12:38 PM
I recently bought another 2gb of corsair ram for my computer to upgrade to 4gb in total however i cant seem to get both modules working, they are all 1gb sticks exactly the same model and speed however it will only work with 3 sticks of ram in.

I can change around the ram sticks to the different slots which rules out a faulty ram slot and both new memory sticks are working fine so it seems to be a motherboard / settings problem but i cant figure out what it is.

Thanks for any help

Medion
07-08-08, 02:19 PM
Sounds faulty to me. I have a 650i ultra with 4x1GB, and it works fine. It has OTHER issues, but that's typical of nForce. It's rare to find one where every aspect works as it should.

jonoelgrande
07-08-08, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, do you mean the 650i board? as i would find it odd that all the memory slots worked but not all together

Tr1cK
07-08-08, 02:31 PM
I never tried 4x1gb, but I heard of issues with it on my board (650i SLI). That's why I went with 2x2gb OCZ and am selling my 2x1gb set.

Medion
07-08-08, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the reply, do you mean the 650i board? as i would find it odd that all the memory slots worked but not all together

Yes, I mean my 650i ultra motherboard. I'm using 4x1GB, and all 4 slots work at the same time. Which bios are you using? Have you looked into that? I'm using 2.0(something).