PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 11 to get announced this month !, Launch in late 2009

nekrosoft13
07-09-08, 04:51 PM
Microsoft will start talking about DirectX 11 in less than two weeks. Sources have confirmed that Microsoft game technology conference, previously known as Meltdown and now renamed to Gamefest 2008, will be the place where Microsoft plans to officially announce DirectX 11.

This conference takes place on the 22 and 23 July in Seattle, Washington and it will set you back $550 if you register online. You can find some more details about the conference here.

The big feature of DirectX 11 is Tessellation/Displacement while we also heard that Multithreaded Rendering and Compute Shaders are part of it. DirectX 11 also brings Shader model 5.0 but we donít know many details about it.

It looks like DirectX 11 will stick to rasterization as there is no any mentioning of Ray tracing support.

Nvidia will also talk about DirectX 11 at its Nvision event / conference in late August 2008.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8345&Itemid=1

six_storm
07-09-08, 04:56 PM
omg . . . They haven't even really implemented DX10 yet!

methimpikehoses
07-09-08, 05:01 PM
This has EPIC FAIL written all over it.

crainger
07-09-08, 05:46 PM
DX10 and 11 can suck my massively oversized balls.

SH64
07-09-08, 06:50 PM
Cool now nVIdia can just skip DX10.1 & go all the way to DX11!111

RAY16
07-09-08, 07:37 PM
So DX10 will end up like DX8 did... I remember DX8 being largely skipped over and DX8-level shader support not becoming a requirement until well into DX9's life span.

crainger
07-09-08, 08:06 PM
Yeah DX10 was a fail, perhaps DX11 with be the new DX9?

Maybe we should all just use OpenGL. ::D:

Or BRING BACK THE GLIDE.

Eliminator
07-09-08, 08:12 PM
ill wait for DX12

BronzeGod
07-09-08, 08:55 PM
OpenGL owns DirectX

Runningman
07-09-08, 09:14 PM
If MS does windows 7 right and makes it a more of what an OS should be and not what we have now with sh!tsta then i see DX11 being a success, just because of mass availibilty of the API.

RAY16
07-10-08, 12:46 AM
If MS does windows 7 right and makes it a more of what an OS should be and not what we have now with sh!tsta then i see DX11 being a success, just because of mass availibilty of the API.

I see what you did thar. Clever.

crainger
07-10-08, 01:15 AM
It is pretty clever considering he is completely drunk 24/7.

Vasot02
07-10-08, 08:22 AM

There are many Vista fanboys in this site you know...:D

hokeyplyr48
07-10-08, 08:46 AM

sounds like someone needs more RAM...:captnkill:

ViN86
07-10-08, 09:31 AM

not to burst your bubble, but windows 7 will be cut from the same cloth as vista. the majority of the problems you see with vista are due to poor driver support from vendors, not MS.

hopefully by the time windows 7 launches, most of the vendors will be writing drivers for vista (which will ultimately translate into good drivers for windows 7) and it will be a good OS.

if you want proof of this, look no further than windows 2000 and windows xp. pretty much the same thing.

ViN86
07-10-08, 09:34 AM
There are many Vista fanboys in this site you know...:D

it's amazing how when something works for you and many others, and you tell others that you like it, you get classified as a fanboy. :|
the truth is, the majority of people who claim vista is slow use stupid benchmarks to prove it. like which OS can open 1000 instances of text pad the fastest. or which OS can sort through 100,000 cells in Excel. those tests have nothing to do with real world.

im not a fanboy. vista works great for me and i have no errors/problems with it. tbh, i like linux much better. but i am a gamer, so i have to use windows for now. my problem is that i continue to see ppl bash it to try and be cool and most of the problems they have with it are due to them being complete idiots.

ppl hate vista because some of their hardware doesnt work, when in actuality, it's the vendors fault for not releasing drivers. that also makes the person an idiot for not checking compatibility before moving. DURR. :retard:

hokeyplyr48
07-10-08, 06:37 PM
ppl hate vista because some of their hardware doesnt work, when in actuality, it's the vendors fault for not releasing drivers. that also makes the person an idiot for not checking compatibility before moving. DURR. :retard:

exactly. and do people honestly have compatibility issues with common software/programs? i haven't had a single compatibility problem. drivers werent' ever a problem for me. so i've considered that excuse invalid for a long time now

ViN86
07-10-08, 10:46 PM
exactly. and do people honestly have compatibility issues with common software/programs? i haven't had a single compatibility problem. drivers werent' ever a problem for me. so i've considered that excuse invalid for a long time now

yea, the only real problem with drivers seems to be with older hardware, especially printers.

if you have new hardware, youre all set. one thing i do hate about Vista x64, though, is that you cant use unsigned drivers. MS telling me that i cant install drivers even if i agree to the warning. that pisses me off, heh.

Bearclaw
07-10-08, 11:02 PM
I'll wait for Crainger's massive balls and DX69.

:bleh:

Serrasalmus
07-10-08, 11:03 PM
it's amazing how when something works for you and many others, and you tell others that you like it, you get classified as a fanboy. :|
the truth is, the majority of people who claim vista is slow use stupid benchmarks to prove it. like which OS can open 1000 instances of text pad the fastest. or which OS can sort through 100,000 cells in Excel. those tests have nothing to do with real world.

im not a fanboy. vista works great for me and i have no errors/problems with it. tbh, i like linux much better. but i am a gamer, so i have to use windows for now. my problem is that i continue to see ppl bash it to try and be cool and most of the problems they have with it are due to them being complete idiots.

+420

six_storm
07-11-08, 08:51 AM
Vista isn't bad but it sure is a slow OS, even on a good rig. Sure it feels "snappy" on some things, but not for others; maybe I'm expecting too much but whatever. After using XP on my new laptop, it reminded me how much I miss using XP.

crainger
07-11-08, 10:59 AM
Vista isn't bad but it sure is a slow OS, even on a good rig. Sure it feels "snappy" on some things, but not for others; maybe I'm expecting too much but whatever. After using XP on my new laptop, it reminded me how much I miss using XP.

You're just doing it wrong.