PDA

View Full Version : Vista Help and Advise needed

Pennyboy
07-09-08, 08:48 PM
Well i have been running XP on my PC (see sig) but I am really wanting to install Vista so I can play games like Crysis in DX10. Anyway I went out and purchased 64bit Ultimate but I am not so sure that I made the right decision as I have read on Maximum PC that the 64bit version does not play well with X-fi sound cards and the drivers can cause stability issues.
Is anyone running an X-fi with 64bit Vista ok? Does SP1 for vista fix those issues?
Am i better off getting the 32bit version?

john19055
07-10-08, 01:34 PM
Just download the new update drivers for Windows Vista ultimate 64bit for your sound card and you should be fine.I have Vista Ultimate 64bit installed and I have not had any problems with my games old and new.I would stick with the 64bit version ,it can handle more memory and plays any game that 32bit can,or I have not found a game that does'nt work with Vista 64bit.

Pennyboy
08-01-08, 12:14 AM
have been running Vista 64bit for the last month now and have not had any problems, so I think the creative drivers dated March 08 are stable. well they have been for me.

Badboy_12345
08-04-08, 04:39 AM
have been running Vista 64bit for the last month now and have not had any problems, so I think the creative drivers dated March 08 are stable. well they have been for me.

They are new drives out for X-fi that are 10 times better. You should really install those. They fixed ALOT of things.

Came out a few days ago.

Filename: SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0004.exe
This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

Added Features:
To find out the Product ID of your audio device and if it supports the following features in Windows XP, click here.

For systems using Windows Vista

Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player software. Click here to download.

Fixes:

Resolves issue of system crash when switching to an unsupported sampling rate in Audio Creation Mode while Dolby Digital Live is enabled.

CMSS works also with these drivers + they fixed lots and lots of bugs for the sound in games and much better stability. Should really install them for a much better experiance and to get most out of the X-fi

bobmitch
08-04-08, 09:49 AM
New drivers AND new console launcher...excellent with 64 bit Vista. You should have no issues at this time....enjoy...

Best order to install...

1. New Drivers
2. Drivers from CD...choose the Vista CD. Then do a custom and install everything you want EXCEPT drivers...since you put newest ones in first
3. Console Launcher and any other updates for apps..

Good to go

LordJuanlo
08-05-08, 04:20 AM
My X-Fi works great too with Vista x64 SP1, so don't be afraid

SLippe
08-06-08, 02:32 AM
Vista Ultimate 64 and X-Fi Xtremegamer here with no problems. Using latest drivers and console.

Wolfhound
08-06-08, 03:43 AM
No Problems here, Vista x64 SP1 and XFi XtremeMusic with latest drivers

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6740/xfiaj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)