PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Vista Driver with Bluray Playback and overclocking?

Focca
07-10-08, 04:35 AM
Anyone know of any or how to enable bluray playback and overclocking with the same driver,
the only drivers i can overclock with are the 169.04s but they are unsigned so bluray playback will not work, its really bugging me as with the 169.04s i can overclock my vaio fz31s 8600m gs way past a 8600m gt. ATM everytime i want to play a bluray i have to reinstall official drivers.
Please Help!

saturnotaku
07-11-08, 05:19 AM
Most laptop driver sets are compatible across multiple manufacturer systems (Sony, Sager, HP, etc). There was a set just released this week by Sager for the main Windows operating systems (XP x86, Vista x86, Vista x64).

Forceware 175.95 (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19487). Just click on the link to the version that applies to your specific OS, download, and install.

Focca
07-11-08, 08:40 AM
Cool thanks for the heads up, ill see if these allow overclocking as well as bluray playback.

mobilenvidia
07-11-08, 05:58 PM
If the driver needs to be WHQL for BD-HDCP to work then a modded INF will not make it work.

Sony have not recently released any updated drivers from original releases.
This will not help matters, as you may end up stuck with ancient drivers to be able to watch HDCP enabled movies on your lappy.

But have a look around some drivers may have HDCP enabled without WHQL signing for testing purposes.

Razor3DC
07-11-08, 09:08 PM
Signing have nothing to do with the WHQL certificate.
Of course, the driver would get WHQL certificate only if its signed...

Razor

mobilenvidia
07-11-08, 10:16 PM
The Signature is in the WHQL certificate file ?

saturnotaku
07-12-08, 08:16 AM
The Signature is in the WHQL certificate file ?

That's how I understand it. The modded .inf shouldn't have any impact on HDCP, etc.

mobilenvidia
07-13-08, 01:41 AM
That's how I understand it. The modded .inf shouldn't have any impact on HDCP, etc.

Using a modded INF means the driver is no longer signed and then no longer HDCP compliant.

Darn, BD laptop drives are so darn expensive , would like to test this some more.

saturnotaku
07-13-08, 07:24 AM
Using a modded INF means the driver is no longer signed and then no longer HDCP compliant.

Darn, BD laptop drives are so darn expensive , would like to test this some more.

Can you get a regular desktop drive and put it in an enclosure?

mobilenvidia
07-13-08, 01:44 PM
Can you get a regular desktop drive and put it in an enclosure?
Yeah, was hoping not to have to connect another USB device to the lappy.
I may as well get a desktop, it's cable city with my lappy :)

Still think HDCP = driver signing = WHQL are all related, not seen a driver that was signed and not WHQL me thinks WHQL is the signing that HDCP needs.

saturnotaku
07-13-08, 04:44 PM
Or you could just hook up an external monitor via VGA and bypass HDCP all together. :p

mobilenvidia
07-13-08, 11:51 PM
Or you could just hook up an external monitor via VGA and bypass HDCP all together. :p
I'll probably go this way, my TV has VGA in so can run it via that.
I have a spare external box from my old desktop DVD burner which now makes really horrible noises, but does nothing but open/close tray.

Another thing to add to my must do list :)

Focca
07-14-08, 02:05 AM
Yes you need signed drivers.
The point im trying to make is that there are plenty of signed drivers for laptops for bluray playback but none of them allow you to overclock, im trying to find a way to enable both. XP isnt a problem its vistas.

mobilenvidia
07-14-08, 02:17 AM
Probably a MS thing if you (nV) want a signed driver Overclocking must be disabled.

Runningman
07-14-08, 03:30 AM
Anyone know of any or how to enable bluray playback and overclocking with the same driver,
the only drivers i can overclock with are the 169.04s but they are unsigned so bluray playback will not work, its really bugging me as with the 169.04s i can overclock my vaio fz31s 8600m gs way past a 8600m gt. ATM everytime i want to play a bluray i have to reinstall official drivers.
Please Help!
http://www.slysoft.com/en/
Problem solved