PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the NV35 with my 2ghz machine? Or upgrade CPU?


Fook Me
05-11-03, 05:33 PM
Cause I can keep my DELL (which sucks) and just get the NV35 or get this machine???


AMD "Barton" 2500+ and OC to 2800+
512mgs of GEIL DDR400 or Cosair DDR400 RAM (2 sticks)
Epox 8RDA+ Nforce 2 mobo

anxdiety
05-11-03, 08:10 PM
Go for the new mobo and cpu. It'll work longer and more effiently for more than just games. Considering the nv35 hasn't come out yet and the game everyone looks to upgrade for (d3) isn't out till at least the fall. The cpu will push current games faster. Your current card is fine for now. Play the price game and wait for the nv35 to come down in price or maybe the r350's if they make an appearance.

Riptide
05-11-03, 08:46 PM
Curious... Why do you hate the Dell so much? Is it unstable or slow?

My girlfriend's 4550 seems OK, but I don't play any games on there. The LCD it comes with is to slow for that...

nvnews-reader
05-11-03, 10:14 PM
If it were me I would wait and get the nv35. Your sys should play most of todays games well but will be GFX limited when doom3 comes out.

I like the 4550s. They're nice and quiet.

Fook Me
05-12-03, 12:29 AM
Well imma upgrade my machine anyway and get this IF my grades are good by the end of the year which is like 4 or 5 weeks away :jumping:


My new system:

AMD "Barton" 2500+ OC to 2800+
Epox 8RDA+ Nforce2 mobo
GEIL or Corsair DDR 400 (PC3200) 512mgs (2 sticks for dual channel)
NV35 w/ 256mgs

nVidi0t
05-12-03, 05:51 AM
Your current system is perfectly fine for an NV35, if you want, just buy a new P4 and replace your 2ghz P4. The P4 2.4B is a great CPU, it's cheap and overclocks well, in most cases being stable at ~3Ghz (assuming your ram can cope).

monkeydust
05-12-03, 06:52 AM
I'm going to get a NV35 with my current system (which is about the same speed as yours). I figure my cpu/mobo/ram will last me until the Athlon-64's come out.

Fook Me
05-12-03, 05:03 PM
Do you think keeping my current system till next year is smart?

nvnews-reader
05-12-03, 06:36 PM
I would at least wait until the P5 comes out later this year. There really isn't much diff in a P4 or AMD at 2.0 gz, 2.4 gz or 2.8 gz.

There's a massive diff in GF4 and nv35.

Gator
05-12-03, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Fook Me
Do you think keeping my current system till next year is smart?

your rig looks fine for now, stick it out and wait for the next generation Intel, or the AMD Opteron. In the meantime, if you want a faster video card then sure go for it.

fastguy94416
05-12-03, 06:47 PM
Im keeping my 1800+ for a long time it seems