PDA

View Full Version : Awesome deal... 1Gb MicroSD cards for $4 shipped!

CaptNKILL
07-11-08, 02:59 AM
No rebates, straight from Kingston:

http://shop.kingston.com//PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=SDC/1GBSP&promo=XD07PH

Found the deal at slickdeals.

I ordered one of those and an $11 2Gb MicroSD (which comes with an SD adapter) for a grand total of $15. Hell of a deal. :)

I'll have an extra 1Gb chip for a digital camera or a mini backup device and I'll use the 2Gb for a media\music card for my R4DS.

I'd bookmark the kingston store too. Their special offer prices are far better than most stores that sell their products. Mostly because of the free shipping with no minimum purchase requirement.

seeker
07-11-08, 07:53 PM
That is pretty good. The best I remember, the 1GB card that I bought at TigerDirect cost me ~$14.

LORD-eX-Bu
07-11-08, 08:34 PM
cool, I bought a kingston one with the adapter for $4 shipped off of buy.com like a year ago :lol:

I need a 6gb microSD :bleh:

CaptNKILL
07-12-08, 12:14 AM
cool, I bought a kingston one with the adapter for $4 shipped off of buy.com like a year ago :lol:

I need a 6gb microSD :bleh:

Yeah buy.com has some pretty smoking deals some times too.

I absolutely despise their site though. It has THE worst layout of any online store I have ever seen.

Period.

What kind of half assed store uses its own search engine to organize products. :|

When you click "computer memory" it just does a search of the website for "computer memory" and anything relevant is listed. It doesn't even tell you how many results there are and there is no way to narrow results or browse by any criteria at all. Its just a terrible mess.

Their deals are good though. I just bought a black 4Gb SanDisk Cruzer Micro flash drive for $14.50 shipped (to use in my car for music). The cheapest 4gb flash drives on newegg are $20, and that same drive is $30. The cool thing about the Cruzer is that the USB plug slides into the drive so it doesn't have a cap, which is really nice for something I'm going to be moving around a lot.

mojoman0
07-13-08, 01:24 AM
its 5 dollars now...what a ripoff! ahemkfj;sdlvn