PDA

View Full Version : Nehalem could be available at Week 40

AthlonXP1800
07-14-08, 11:16 AM
Bloomfield could reach consumers as early as Week 40 early or late September if here will be no delay.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07/14/nehalem-arrives-in-week-40-and-44/1

Holy crap that about 2 months away.

:thinker: Anyone like me want Bloomfield in 2 months better saving up right now!

AMC_Duke
07-14-08, 12:44 PM
Nice ! im Ready to upgade and the best of all Nvidia does not make a Craptastic Nforce XXX but they do X58 Sli Boards (nana2)

Digital_Trans
07-14-08, 12:58 PM
Nice ! im Ready to upgade and the best of all Nvidia does not make a Craptastic Nforce XXX but they do X58 Sli Boards (nana2)

Yes, exactly!!! Let Intel make the X58 Chipset while NVIDIA focuses more on SLI!!!! (lee63) I can't wait! I'm saving up for this one! And by then NVIDIA may have yet another video card to add to the technology road map! :D My long over due upgrade is starting to pay off. Technology just keeps getting better and better!!!

Bearclaw
07-14-08, 02:11 PM
Yes, exactly!!! Let Intel make the X58 Chipset while NVIDIA focuses more on SLI!!!! (lee63) I can't wait! I'm saving up for this one! And by then NVIDIA may have yet another video card to add to the technology road map! :D My long over due upgrade is starting to pay off. Technology just keeps getting better and better!!!

It always gets better and better....

Toss3
07-16-08, 03:50 AM
It always gets better and better....

Well sometimes it takes two years for a company to come out with something better, like with the 8800gtx. :) If someone wants to upgrade now, I'd sincerely recommend waiting for Nehalem and for the 4870x2.

4Gb ddr3 is only 120€ right now(ocz reaper)!

So here are my price-guesstimates:

~500€ for bloomsfield cpu
~200€ for the motherboard
~150€ for 6Gb of DDR3
~450€ for the 4870x2
~150€for a new PSU

Total: 1450€

Doesn't sound too bad for a kick-ass rig... :)

goofjb
07-17-08, 11:56 AM

The 790 series chipset is better performing than the current Intel performance chipset the X48. I know it took Nvidia a couple tires to get it right 780 etc... but if all Nvidia is doing now is the SLI chipset we might not the see the full potential of the Nahalem platform. I do agree with from a stability standpoint you can't beat the Intel chipsets but that might contribute to the fact the performance is not at the top of the heap.

Heinz68
07-17-08, 12:39 PM
The 790 series chipset is better performing than the current Intel performance chipset the X48. I know it took Nvidia a couple tires to get it right 780 etc... but if all Nvidia is doing now is the SLI chipset we might not the see the full potential of the Nahalem platform. I do agree with from a stability standpoint you can't beat the Intel chipsets but that might contribute to the fact the performance is not at the top of the heap.
Since when the stability become not the most important measure on how chip works?
How can something that is less stable perform better?
Speculating on how the future NVIDIA chipset for Nehalem is going work is pointless, we are not going to see any for long time, most likely not till next year.

goofjb
07-17-08, 01:20 PM
Since when the stability become not the most important measure on how chip works?
How can something that is less stable perform better?
Speculating on how the future NVIDIA chipset for Nehalem is going work is pointless, we are not going to see any for long time, most likely not till next year.

I don't disagree with you that stability is the most important thing. How would you use your PC otherwise? I meant that Intel is all about stability of their chipsets, CPU's etc... and maybe a little conservative about pushing their chips to the edge of their capable performance. Look at the reviews that put Nvidia chipsets against Intel's running the same Intel CPU. Just trying to bring a point up that might bring a little discussion to the thread.

Heinz68
07-17-08, 02:07 PM
I'm not going to be looking for any reviews, all i know is many people complaining about the NVIDIA chipsets even the most loyal NVIDIA users.
Stability is the most important measure period. No more little discussions.

Point: I can overclock my old Athlon x2 4200+ much further, what's the use off it if I can hardly open a text file with it.

hell_of_doom227
07-17-08, 02:37 PM
There is still plenty of life in the current quad CPUs. DDR3 + new socket, nice but not yet :)