PDA

View Full Version : Wow...GoW 2 Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

MowTin
07-15-08, 01:41 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36311.html

I love the flame thrower and the sheild.

Edit: Please move to console section. Although GoW 2 will eventually be released to PC.

Roliath
07-15-08, 01:53 AM
wow indeed!
Can't wait!

Wonder what kind of improvements they made to multiplayer \.

NaitoSan
07-15-08, 02:06 AM
Looks very sweet. Will buy it for sure.

SLippe
07-15-08, 05:09 AM
That was very cool! :thumbsup:

Alaa
07-15-08, 05:55 AM
Nice! Sweet!

I love this game. :)

trivium nate
07-15-08, 06:25 AM
nice!!!!

Noriega
07-15-08, 07:42 AM
I hate american action movies... GoW is somehere like them I don't like it.

SLippe
07-15-08, 12:19 PM
I hate american action movies... GoW is somehere like them I don't like it.

It's American, thank you. ;)

breathemetal
07-15-08, 12:21 PM
i need to beat the first one still lol
i cant get past the damn part where u have to run that thing through the walls, you know, if it touches you you are ripped apart so you have to lead it outside

WeReWoLf
07-15-08, 07:20 PM
It's worse when you find one in a greenhouse. Good Luck!

Nitz Walsh
07-15-08, 07:37 PM
i need to beat the first one still lol
i cant get past the damn part where u have to run that thing through the walls, you know, if it touches you you are ripped apart so you have to lead it outside
Lol, you suck.

Will likely be picking this up at launch week, then again when it comes out on the PC. (nana2)

Loreman
07-15-08, 08:44 PM
Gameplay design looks about as boring, uninspiring, and unintelligent as the first one.

Belongs on consoles, don't bother porting this junk to PC please epic.

crainger
07-15-08, 09:01 PM
I always get excited a think God of War, then I'm disappointed when it's Gears of War. ::(:

Ywap
07-15-08, 09:16 PM
Gameplay design looks about as boring, uninspiring, and unintelligent as the first one.

Totally agree, the first one must be one of the most boring games ever released. I wonder how much microsoft spent on securing good review scores?!

crainger
07-15-08, 09:24 PM
Gears of War wasn't boring, you just had to be in the right mood to play it. Works out well because you can finish it in a night.

MowTin
07-15-08, 09:37 PM

Huh?

GoW had probably one of the best excecuted gameplay designs EVER. It used a cover system before every other game copied it and chainsaw mele was beautifully executed.

And how could you call a game that was so graphically gorgeous uninspiring? And non-stop action boring?

Name a better 3rd person action game.

crainger
07-15-08, 10:00 PM
GTAIV

Ywap
07-15-08, 10:04 PM
Huh?

GoW had probably one of the best excecuted gameplay designs EVER. It used a cover system before every other game copied it and chainsaw mele was beautifully executed.

And how could you call a game that was so graphically gorgeous uninspiring? And non-stop action boring?

I know you weren´t asking me, but i find El Matador, Resident Evil 4, Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2 and Lost Planet all to be much better games. I´m not trying to be an ass here, i just find the cover system (and the whole gameplay) in Gears incredibly boring :(

MowTin
07-15-08, 10:25 PM
I know you weren´t asking me, but i find El Matador, Resident Evil 4, Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2 and Lost Planet all to be much better games. I´m not trying to be an ass here, i just find the cover system (and the whole gameplay) in Gears incredibly boring :(

Boring?! Strange...Did you play it on PC or 360? I suspect you played the PC version using a mouse and keyboard. Am I right?

|MaguS|
07-15-08, 10:40 PM
Huh?

Um Gears of War was not the first game to use a cover system. Winback on the N64 was the first to use a cover system and then came Kill.Switch.

crainger
07-15-08, 10:49 PM
There were earlier games, I'm sure there was an old turned based game with a cover system.

MowTin
07-16-08, 01:23 AM
Um Gears of War was not the first game to use a cover system. Winback on the N64 was the first to use a cover system and then came Kill.Switch.

I didn't say it was the first and I've never heard of Winback or Kill.Switch. What I said was that it used it before it became so popular. And the cover system has become so common and popular lately mostly because of GoW.

Loreman
07-16-08, 01:32 AM
Huh?

Exactly, the cover system was rubbish. And every game that it 'inspired' to use it afterwards was all the worse for it.

Now that you force me to think about it I quite like having cover options, I just wish that the camera stayed in the first person, now that would keep some sort of atmosphere for me. You can't just 'see' behind your own head, it would make it more cool and challenging for me.

A lot of these design decisions came from consoles, and PC games are getting more useless and dumber as a result.

Look at the way the enemy's run around while getting shot at. The whole thing with the cover system and the pop out enemy's in the first one reminds me of the old shooting galleries at 80's amusement parks.

As far as shooters are concerned all I can say is hurry up Far Cry 2 and Stalker Clear Sky.

That is all.

Ywap
07-16-08, 03:54 AM
Boring?! Strange...Did you play it on PC or 360? I suspect you played the PC version using a mouse and keyboard. Am I right?

No, bought and played on the 360. I was never entertained, but i kept on playing because i thought it was gonna get better since the review scores were through the roof.

SH64
07-16-08, 04:43 AM
I thought this thread is about WOW2 :o ... (hence posted in the PC section).