PDA

View Full Version : DVI to DVI -- HDMI to DVI

namuk
07-16-08, 10:48 AM
i had a 26 " lcd and run my graphices card 8800gt dvi to dvi 1366x768 1080i in windows and games and looked very good . i have just got a new lcd 32" and it has no dvi in so i have too use dvi to hdmi

well now in windows the coulors are not red just looks blurry and not as sharp as me other screen looks same no matter what res i put it at. in games 1920x1200 1080p it looks good but in tf2 coulors are not as deep . thinking it was the dvi to hdmi converter (cheap one) i got a fully wired one single link dvi-d to hdmi and it is still same .

is this a driver problem? when i tryed setting hdtv on me old screen it looked like this i just went back too none hd screen

any info would help .. thanks for reading this is doing my nut in:thumbdwn:

SLippe
07-16-08, 03:52 PM
How are you setting your monitor to 1080i or 1080p? Whenever I try that via the NV control panel, my screen shutters like crazy or just goes black.

namuk
07-16-08, 03:59 PM
How are you setting your monitor to 1080i or 1080p? Whenever I try that via the NV control panel, my screen shutters like crazy or just goes black.

it is set too 1080p hdtv . also it will not let me set nvidia scalling only the tv scalling .

with the same card and old lg26lxr i tryed the hdtv setting but it looked like this wot i have now?? but i have no dvi

J-Mag
07-16-08, 04:43 PM
What model is your new panel?

hokeyplyr48
07-16-08, 05:47 PM

following this train of thought, it could be that the monitor just doesn't represent colors well and isn't of the greatest quality. try it with another source to see if it's the panel or the cable/source.

namuk
07-16-08, 07:01 PM

panasonic TX-32LZD85

namuk
07-16-08, 07:06 PM
following this train of thought, it could be that the monitor just doesn't represent colors well and isn't of the greatest quality. try it with another source to see if it's the panel or the cable/source.

i have tryed 2 differant cables i.e dvi to hdmi convertor and hdmi cable and a dvi to hdmi cable .. i am comeing too beleve it is the gt the 8 seires cards i have looked at specs and the 9 series and the 280/260 seem tobe hdmi compat and they even list hdtv out . i have this i no but on 8 series it is not stated.

odd or what

sharangad
07-17-08, 04:19 PM
i have tryed 2 differant cables i.e dvi to hdmi convertor and hdmi cable and a dvi to hdmi cable .. i am comeing too beleve it is the gt the 8 seires cards i have looked at specs and the 9 series and the 280/260 seem tobe hdmi compat and they even list hdtv out . i have this i no but on 8 series it is not stated.

odd or what

DVI to HDMI conversion is passive. That means it doesn't do any conversion just changes the type of jack from DVI to HDMI. The colours and video signal should be exactly the same. Usually TVs with HDMI ports only accept standard video resolutions, like 480i/p, 576i/p, 720, 1080i/p.

I think your new TV has worse colours than the old one. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the DVI to HDMI conversion.

Does the TV have a VGA port? if so you could use a DVI-to-VGA convertor (which is also passive as DVI-I ports found on graphics cards carry both DVI-D (proper DVI/HDMI) and standard VGA (using 4 analogue pins on the DVI-I port)). Usually TVs allow the native resolution of the screen to be accessed through VGA.

namuk
07-17-08, 04:37 PM
DVI to HDMI conversion is passive. That means it doesn't do any conversion just changes the type of jack from DVI to HDMI. The colours and video signal should be exactly the same. Usually TVs with HDMI ports only accept standard video resolutions, like 480i/p, 576i/p, 720, 1080i/p.

I think your new TV has worse colours than the old one. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the DVI to HDMI conversion.

Does the TV have a VGA port? if so you could use a DVI-to-VGA convertor (which is also passive as DVI-I ports found on graphics cards carry both DVI-D (proper DVI/HDMI) and standard VGA (using 4 analogue pins on the DVI-I port)). Usually TVs allow the native resolution of the screen to be accessed through VGA.

no what you mean mate this screen will run any res (mad tv) i am in windows at 1440x900 at moment this is best for text and forms . i have the vga connection and the adapter but looked for lead lol i do not think i have one. never thought of using it again lol . i will try it . at vga it only runs at 1080i 1366x768 .

the main problem is in windows and on net . but in game i have set drivers ans screen and it looks bang on with the top 1920 res even the text. i think it is anything above the dell 30" native monitor you get this what i have .,

also thanks for clearing that dvi to hdmi conversion i was thinking it was down to card not sending it out right and there has been a few bad hdtv drivers out there