PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

|MaguS|
07-16-08, 07:56 PM
Man I have been keeping an eye on this game and it looks like they are finally getting spider-man down right. He looks agile and has all his kick ass abilities. I just hope the story doesn't suck. Graphics look to be pretty good and are getting the job done aswell.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36706.html

Love how he can switch to the Black Costume at will, my only question is how its tied to the story. Spider-Man rejected the symbiot and it hates him for it.

NaitoSan
07-16-08, 08:16 PM
Wow, that looks impressive. Hope it turns out to be good game.

Noriega
07-16-08, 08:19 PM
Spiderman is a lie ; (!

Roliath
07-17-08, 12:18 AM
Game looks like fun!

DiscipleDOC
07-17-08, 01:35 AM
That game looks VERY nice! :thumbsup:

Retrolock
07-17-08, 01:51 AM
there should have been broken window glass when Spidey threw that flying guy against the building :P (nitpicking but i may be wrong lol)

Other than that, the game looks 10x better than spiderman 3

Mike89
07-20-08, 04:14 PM
Hmm, looked a little juvenile to me. Voice acting was kinda lame. Think I'll pass unless I see something better than that.

|MaguS|
07-20-08, 04:24 PM
Hmm, looked a little juvenile to me. Voice acting was kinda lame. Think I'll pass unless I see something better than that.

Spider-Man started out in highschool and most of his stories took place while he was in college. In the last couple of years he has been out of school and working as a teacher so him being young and sounding young works out well.

Mike89
07-20-08, 04:56 PM
When I said it has a juvenile look, I meant the atmosphere. Some games just look like they are more geared for kids and teenagers and this one looked that way to me. The oohs/aahs/umph sounds sounded like they belonged in a Mario Brothers game. I'm willing to see more, my comments were just from what I saw on that trailer.

BTW, I am a Spiderman fan, back from when I read Spiderman comics many moons ago when I was a kid. I would love to play a good Spiderman game. Just haven't seen any yet. If one could be made in the quality of the last two Tombraiders for example with the atmosphere/gameplay/voice acting, it could be damn good.

|MaguS|
09-18-08, 09:17 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40083.html

Game keeps looking better and better. Day 1 for me, too big of a fan to pass it up.

NaitoSan
09-18-08, 10:27 AM
Holy crap. That looks awesome! It doesn't look too kiddy at all. Definately look a bit dark.

geftargnabl
09-20-08, 10:44 AM
If you thought the last two tomb raiders were good your out of your ****ing nut

geftargnabl
09-20-08, 10:50 AM
but anyhow the game looks good but when he hit the building and when he hit the ground something should have happened (not very realistic but its spider man and its boring without something happening...) but the air combat could get really really repetitive i mean i like the idea but could we still have some variety? and one more problem whats with the sky? the rays or whatever are all green

NaitoSan
10-22-08, 11:48 PM
Just read the review at IGN and it got a 5.7. Hmm.

NaitoSan
10-23-08, 12:09 AM
What? Last two Tomb Raider games were a huge comeback when Eidos handed the franchise to Crystal Dynamics. Both games were a lot better than crappy Angel of Darkness by CORE Design (original developer).

NarcissistZero
10-23-08, 12:35 AM

You = insane.

The newest traier for this finally got me really interested, but I am still waiting for more reviews and such.

Lfctony
10-23-08, 12:51 AM
Not that good, depending on the site though...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/945883.asp?q=web

NaitoSan
10-23-08, 01:24 AM
PS3 got 5.5 from IGN. Hmm. Oh well, other game off my list. Less games to get... easier for my wallet. :D

crainger
10-23-08, 01:28 AM
Last two Tomb Raiders, Legend and Anniversary were awesome games.

Severian126
10-23-08, 05:59 PM
Last two Tomb Raiders, Legend and Anniversary were awesome games.

+1

restore liberty
10-31-08, 12:20 PM
I'll be damned, they released a patch.

How rare that is these days for a pc game that's on the x360.

zerobeta
11-07-08, 03:01 PM
Any way to enable AA in this game? The video options are pretty much non existent, and forcing via NV CP is a no go :(