PDA

View Full Version : Game For Windows- EPIC FAIL!

Pages : [1] 2

Noriega
07-17-08, 10:37 AM
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/891/891463p1.html

Pathetic.

Bearclaw
07-17-08, 10:41 AM
I thinks windows game sucks. If they incorporated it into Steam and sold them on there, then I would.

|MaguS|
07-17-08, 10:45 AM
I thinks windows game sucks. If they incorporated it into Steam and sold them on there, then I would.

Yeah Games For Windows is such a failure, one would think Bearclaw was involved in its creation...

Noriega
07-17-08, 10:46 AM
Looks like MS won't show Games for Windows cause it's competition to Xbox 360.

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 10:50 AM
i wouldn't call games for windows a failure, live is a huge failure

and i hope it continues to fail, i don't want live **** in my games

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 10:52 AM
Looks like MS won't show Games for Windows cause it's competition to Xbox 360.

that is what head of MS Europe said, they won't release games games for 360 and PC, because in Europe, majority would buy the PC version.

they want them to buy 360 version.

Bearclaw
07-17-08, 10:54 AM
Yeah Games For Windows is such a failure, one would think Bearclaw was involved in its creation...
:bleh:

Noriega
07-17-08, 10:54 AM
Live was fail from start but now we can see that Games For Windows is only a tool for business and politics of MS to block PC games and promote Xbox 360.

evox
07-17-08, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't call GfW a failure...But at this point, the service still needs to mature. Steam used to suck bad when it was launched, and now it's phenomenal. Give it [GfW] some time before harboring any judgment.

Though one might say that Valve didn't orphan Steam and kept working on it, unlike Microsoft that has a "whateva, lulz" attitude towards it.

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 11:56 AM
I don't like it at all, especially the LIVE part. Just look at Flatout UC for example. Flatout 2 is such a great game for LAN parties and now UC doesn't even have a LAN mode anymore, only LIVE :(

that is just only one of the reasons why LIVE is the worst thing to happen to PC games in very long time.

Who was the ****ing genius to decide that LIVE only works in certain counties? So if you are in some smaller country without LIVE support, no Multiplayer for you.

saturnotaku
07-17-08, 12:28 PM
I bought Halo 2 PC yesterday and couldn't even get the damn thing to install. I set up my directly, click next, and nothing happened. Install screen went away, and my system was left idling with the disc in the drive. No crash, no BSOD, nothing. Every other PC game on the planet either installs with InstallShield (or similar) or through Steam. This one had to be different, and it didn't freaking work.

At least I was able to get a refund on the opened game.

Bearclaw
07-17-08, 12:29 PM
GameInstallFail

Ha, I knew it!

saturnotaku
07-17-08, 12:30 PM
GameInstallFail

Ha, I knew it!

Exactly. :p

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 12:31 PM
I bought Halo 2 PC yesterday and couldn't even get the damn thing to install. I set up my directly, click next, and nothing happened. Install screen went away, and my system was left idling with the disc in the drive. No crash, no BSOD, nothing. Every other PC game on the planet either installs with InstallShield (or similar) or through Steam. This one had to be different, and it didn't freaking work.

At least I was able to get a refund on the opened game.

halo 2 uses some type of retarted load as you go mode.

It was first used in NFS HP2, basically it loads tiny bit of game on HDD, when game starts it loads other necessary components to the HDD. this makes initial level loading quite long.

saturnotaku
07-17-08, 12:32 PM
halo 2 uses some type of retarted load as you go mode.

It was first used in NFS HP2, basically it loads tiny bit of game on HDD, when game starts it loads other necessary components to the HDD. this makes initial level loading quite long.

Yeah, even clicking load as you go just caused the installer to close with no warning. At least it actually worked in HP2--with that game, you could do the load as you go install, close out of the game, then copy all the files from the CD to your install directory, eliminating those longer load times. Dang, now you got me wanting to fire up HP2 again. :p

ViN86
07-17-08, 12:34 PM
i hate games for windows. i refuse to pay MS to play a game on their POS network on my PC. however, i will pay for 360 XBL because, well, i have no choice.

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 12:44 PM
i hate games for windows. i refuse to pay MS to play a game on their POS network on my PC. however, i will pay for 360 XBL because, well, i have no choice.

don't confuse games for windows with games for windows live.

games for windows is not a bad thing, uniform boxes, widescreen requiment

games for windows live is the bad thing, completly trying to destroy multiplayer

LordJuanlo
07-17-08, 01:50 PM
Live was doomed to fail on Windows since day 1. The latest news is Dawn of War 2 (http://www.fragland.net/news/comments/19409/), this game will use Live for multiplayer but will be the first one to be completly free, no gold subscription required for all the extras (matchmaking, multiplayer achievements...). It was a matter of time.

Once it's free for all games and integrated into Messenger (and not only ingame) it *might* become a decent thing with time

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 02:11 PM
Live was doomed to fail on Windows since day 1. The latest news is Dawn of War 2 (http://www.fragland.net/news/comments/19409/), this game will use Live for multiplayer but will be the first one to be completly free, no gold subscription required for all the extras (matchmaking, multiplayer achievements...). It was a matter of time.

Once it's free for all games and integrated into Messenger (and not only ingame) it *might* become a decent thing with time

not sure about that, since they like eliminating LAN options when they include LIVE

blizzle
07-17-08, 02:49 PM
Thanks M$, for trying to kill PC games so you can make more money on your console. I hope you fail. Thanks!

ViN86
07-17-08, 03:00 PM
don't confuse games for windows with games for windows live.

games for windows is not a bad thing, uniform boxes, widescreen requiment

games for windows live is the bad thing, completly trying to destroy multiplayer

ahh gotcha.

sAnt@
07-17-08, 04:43 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/891/891377p1.html

Games for Windows Event Updates

Microsoft announces an announcement.

So we're all sitting around in some bar called Ciudad on S. Figuroa in L.A. waiting for Microsoft to finally acknowledge Games for Windows at E3 2008. So far it's just a bunch of people milling around.

Don Mattrick is talking now about how awesome Games for Windows is.

John Schappert now talking. Mentioning how GFW is awesome. Thanking people for
supporting GFW. He said there'd be some announcements at Game Fest...what is Game Fest?

Kevin Unangst told everyone to have fun.

That's it.

This event is terrible.

:headexplode:

Noriega
07-17-08, 05:32 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/starmanrulz/GIF%20Album/rmfail7to2.gif

nutcrackr
07-18-08, 04:00 AM
Charles Onyett is good, MS should be lambasted for being so pathetic.

LordJuanlo
07-18-08, 04:47 AM
not sure about that, since they like eliminating LAN options when they include LIVE

I have played Gears of War over a LAN with no problems