PDA

View Full Version : Game developer fanboyism...

stevemedes
07-17-08, 10:06 AM
Ever notice that people tend to have a love/hate relationship with game developers. For example, people tend to swoon over Bioware and love to hate Ubisoft/EA. You even see it in the PC gaming magazines. Seriously get off Chris Taylor's nuts, Supreme Commander wasn't that great.

Bman212121
07-17-08, 10:13 AM
well then...

evox
07-17-08, 10:14 AM
lol @"get off nuts" comment. :lol:

stevemedes
07-17-08, 11:17 AM
lol @"get off nuts" comment. :lol:

its true though lol

nekrosoft13
07-17-08, 11:24 AM
what is wrong with that?

if one provides you with good games and has excellent track record.

|MaguS|
07-17-08, 12:05 PM
Im all for favoring a developer. I will support a developer more then others if the games that I buy from them I consistently enjoy.

ViN86
07-17-08, 12:06 PM
i think it's more of a hate for EA than it is for ubisoft heh.

3DBrad
07-17-08, 12:30 PM
Yes, Ubisoft has been doing quite well. All publishers have issues now and then, but Ubisoft has been providing a lot of great games with a long list due out later.

stevemedes
07-17-08, 12:41 PM
Alot of developers take flak for what types of DRM they use.

BronzeGod
07-17-08, 02:34 PM
EA sucks t3h horse cawk

CaptNKILL
07-17-08, 04:46 PM
The companies that put out more good games get praise from me. Bioware, for example, has put out some of the most highly rated RPGs of all time. I'm not a huge fan of most of them, but KOTOR is in my top 5 RPGs of all time, so its a no brainer for me to think highly of Bioware. Especially now after Mass Effect...

As far as EA and Ubisoft.

Its hard to classify "EA" anymore because they own so many developers, Bioware included. I think they get their bad reputation for relentlessly milking any IP that shows any profit at all. "EA Sports" is probably one of the worst companies in the history of gaming because of how bad they've run the sports gaming genre into the ground. As long as they can pump out roster updates for popular sports every year and charge $50 a piece for them, sports games will not share the advances that all other games are making. This is also why we haven't had a decent NASCAR game since they bought exclusive rights.

Now Ubisoft. I don't really know what it is about them. They put out a ton of games and the games usually get shoveled into video card boxes for free the same week they are released. I have more ubisoft games laying around than any other brand, and I have only actually bought TWO of them (Dark Messiah and Beyond Good and Evil... and that one was downloaded from Fileplanet). I've tried all of the ones I have and they never do anything for me. I've never gotten into the Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon stuff, and the rest of their popular games remind me of early Playstation or N64 3D games for some reason, and that just gives me a headache. :p