PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 44.03 Feedback Thread


Pages : [1] 2

skypx
05-12-03, 09:44 AM
Get them here (http://www.nvmax.com/downloads/index.html).

jonjay
05-12-03, 09:46 AM
Anyone benchmarked these yet? What they like on the Geforce4 cards?

saturnotaku
05-12-03, 10:22 AM
If I click OK on nvmax' stupid license agreement, I can't get a connection to download these drivers? Is there any trick I'm missing here?

skypx
05-12-03, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
If I click OK on nvmax' stupid license agreement, I can't get a connection to download these drivers? Is there any trick I'm missing here?

Are you using a firewall? You may need to disable it to download the drivers.

Skinner
05-12-03, 01:43 PM
Performance in the highest quality is up, especially with AF!

skypx
05-12-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Skinner
Performance in the highest quality is up, especially with AF!

How do they compare to the 43.51 dets?

Skinner
05-12-03, 02:10 PM
I never benched the 43,51's because I didn't like the IQ of that set and quickly got rid of them.

These are ~20-30% up in trilinear AF in UT2003 compared to the 43.45's and I really like the IQ on these 44.03's.

saturnotaku
05-12-03, 02:14 PM
I was able to snag these drivers from nvmax. Once I get home tonight I'll install them and see how they look/perform. There should be no change on my laptop, but I'm hoping for some improvements on my FX.

skypx
05-12-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Skinner
I never benched the 43,51's because I didn't like the IQ of that set and quickly got rid of them.

These are ~20-30% up in trilinear AF in UT2003 compared to the 43.45's and I really like the IQ on these 44.03's.

Thanks for the info. :)

Solomon
05-12-03, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I was able to snag these drivers from nvmax. Once I get home tonight I'll install them and see how they look/perform. There should be no change on my laptop, but I'm hoping for some improvements on my FX.

Well we have them available on ********* in our special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onion, on sesame bun type of way. Which means repackaged (6.42MB) and fast download.

http://www.*********.com/drivers/beta/nvidia/nt5/index.php

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Nutty
05-12-03, 03:00 PM
n1 Solomon! :thumbsup:

Edit: Hmmm getright, says file not found on server.

Edit2: Using the 1st link now fine. BTW the server is osiris.sunderland.co.uk. That a uni server at Sunderland, I used to use that when I was there.. heh. almost got chucked out a few times too :)

saturnotaku
05-12-03, 03:00 PM
Damnit Solomon, I want a Big Mac now. :p

Anyway, I have a feeling I wasted a whole lot of bandwidth getting these drivers. Initial tests on my laptop are all kinds of not good. Aliasing is horrible, even with FSAA on. Plus overall IQ is pretty poor IMO compared to the 43.51s. Looks like I'll be switching back on my laptop and retaining my previous set on my FX.

Solomon
05-12-03, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
n1 Solomon! :thumbsup:

Edit: Hmmm getright, says file not found on server.

Hmmmm. Getright doesn't work? Strange... Does it work without Getright? It should. :(

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

saturnotaku
05-12-03, 03:21 PM
Hmmm...based on some further testing, it looks like the FSAA/aniso blurring issue that's been talked about on NV35 cards is related to these drivers. Using them on my laptop (GF4 MX 440-based) yields much more blur than what I've been used to seeing compared to previous sets.

Back to WHQL 43.51 for me.

skypx
05-12-03, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Hmmm...based on some further testing, it looks like the FSAA/aniso blurring issue that's been talked about on NV35 cards is related to these drivers. Using them on my laptop (GF4 MX 440-based) yields much more blur than what I've been used to seeing compared to previous sets.

Back to WHQL 43.51 for me.

Hopefully this will not be the case with the 5800 ultra. I still have at least an hour before I can test them. :(

digitalwanderer
05-12-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Solomon
Well we have them available on ********* in our special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onion, on sesame bun type of way. Which means repackaged (6.42MB) and fast download.

http://www.*********.com/drivers/beta/nvidia/nt5/index.php

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Thanks, I downloaded the originals and have been goofing around with the .inf but just ain't had the time to install 'em yet...methinks me will give your set a try first. :)

(BTW-The link works for me just spiffy, downloading now. :) )

StealthHawk
05-12-03, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Hmmm...based on some further testing, it looks like the FSAA/aniso blurring issue that's been talked about on NV35 cards is related to these drivers. Using them on my laptop (GF4 MX 440-based) yields much more blur than what I've been used to seeing compared to previous sets.

Back to WHQL 43.51 for me.

Did you check performance? Did performance increase? Or stay the same while IQ dropped....

Could be interesting.

Skinner
05-12-03, 04:56 PM
Well I like the IQ, I only use extra lod bias and AF and now AF blends the mipmapsborders much nicer and more into the distence with this driverset.

Performance is higher with AF on trilinear compared to the earlier drivers, infact there is no need for a GF5900U if you have already a GF5800U and don't use AA, so I keep the dustbuster ;)

jonjay
05-12-03, 05:02 PM
Hmmm anyone tested these with normal Geforce4 cards like ti42000 or 4600?

skypx
05-12-03, 05:24 PM
IQ in 3dmark03 seems to be better. My score has increased slightly from the 43.51 (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=591794) drivers compared to the 44.03 (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=743877) drivers.

Floruro
05-12-03, 05:39 PM
I think they are great. Tested them quickly with Battlefield 1942, Toca Pro Race Driver, UT2003, NWN. For me the iq is way nicer than the previous 4x.xx drivers. They are also much smoother/+ higher fps. Wonder how similar they are to 50.xx.

digitalwanderer
05-12-03, 06:23 PM
I've only really ran 3dm2k1se & 3dm2k3, but they're looking like they're performing right along about the same as the 43.51 set for me.

I'm not really noticing a huge difference in IQ, but they don't look bad by any means.

I'll try and test out some AA & AF to see how they run in some actual games...this is all on a 128MB Gainward GF4 ti4400 GS (295/688 right now...it's too hot in the house to run it at full-steam :rolleyes: )

poursoul
05-12-03, 06:45 PM
skypx, your system is awsome.

jAkUp
05-12-03, 07:09 PM
i got a small increase in speed in 3dmark03.. about 200 points... not too shabby:)

wilson
05-12-03, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
skypx, your system is awsome.

skypx's system:
Supermicro X5DA8 3.06ghz Xeon Prestonia CPUs | 2048mb Crucial DDR | 1 X Quantum 10KII | 3 X Seagate 15K | GeForce FX Ultra |SB Audigy 2| Plextor PX-504A DVD+RW | Plextor 48X24X48 CDRW | Sony CPD G420S 19" Monitor | Cooler Master ATC 110 case | Power Maxx 520W Power Supply


He needs to upgrade his monitor :D

Back on topic, Det 44.03 has a checkbox for people to switch between 3840x2400 and 1920x1200 quickly.

--wilson