PDA

View Full Version : NV35 Demos: Dusk is nice(r than Dawn)

Uttar
05-12-03, 11:40 AM
Hey,

Seen nobody linked this yet... Anyway...
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/4889/SUPP/large1.jpg

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=demo_dusk

Nice, but sounds like the demo team was quite lazy this time :P

Anyway, I guess the patch will be mostly compatible. Should be a very easy fix. That's not my job though ;)
Anyway, looking foward to see how good it'll look once I'll get my FX5900 Regular as soon as it comes out around here ( decided the 5900 Ultra was overkill... )

Uttar

Badash
05-12-03, 11:57 AM
Ya but it's just a video, when are they going to put up the real thing?

Dazz
05-12-03, 12:04 PM
All she needs now is a whip & hand cuffs ;)

Nutty
05-12-03, 12:41 PM
wooa... sexy! :eek:

Much nicer :)

Brent
05-12-03, 02:43 PM
ooooh, naughty fairy ;)

pwn me you horny winged nymph :p

nVidi0t
05-12-03, 02:45 PM
I wonder who's going to be the first to strip this one. :D

ricercar
05-14-03, 06:14 PM
The motion-capture was more subtle for Dusk. She rolls her hips in a way you never see on Dawn. The demo is HOT.

One of the NVIDIA demo guys is in Nukleon (http://www.nukleon.com/), who plays the synth-pop music Dusk dances to. It rocks . The demos I saw yesterday didn't yet have her hand motions completed, and her expressions were still kind of off-kilter, but they still made all the guys pause with their mouths open until the drool started dripping.:rolleyes:

No one will remember the vulcan or gas station demos like Dusk will be remembered.

marqmajere
05-14-03, 06:28 PM
I still don't like Dawn's hair cut. That just turns me away from either of those demos.

SurfMonkey
05-14-03, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by marqmajere
I still don't like Dawn's hair cut. That just turns me away from either of those demos.

That's quite a deeply disturbing thing to say :D

You are basically equating Dawn with a real person to the point that you are physically not attracted to a computer demo. Maybe you should email nvidia and get them to include a personal stylist module... :afro2:

bkswaney
05-14-03, 06:54 PM
I wish they would hurry up and upload it to download. :D
I want to see her with no cloths. :angel:

nrdstrm
05-15-03, 02:04 AM
Saw the demo today at E3. It is sweet!! Inferno kicks ass too! I was stoked because they gave out demo discs. There are pictures on the disc itself, and they show Dusk & Inferno. I was like "Damn, gotta get home and see if these will run on my FX!" Not!!! Those demo's arn't even on the damn disc! Oh well, I guess I'll try and see if I can beg the Nvidia guys for a copy tomarrow, but I doubt it...
Nrdstrm
PS. The 5900 is in FULL FORCE. MANY of the demos on the show floor were running on 5900's! Tron 2.0 looked particularly good!
Nrdstrm

Ninja Prime
05-15-03, 02:52 AM
Looks like Nvidia is cheating with Dusk too, looks like they gave her some silicon implants. :D

ntxawg
05-15-03, 04:51 AM

dawn's hair is short cuz if it was longer like up to her shoulder or longer it'll take much more gpu power to render it so i think thats why they made it so short.

marqmajere
05-15-03, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by SurfMonkey
That's quite a deeply disturbing thing to say :D

You are basically equating Dawn with a real person to the point that you are physically not attracted to a computer demo. Maybe you should email nvidia and get them to include a personal stylist module... :afro2:

I think you're misunderstanding me. I should have said that I find the hair style that is used on the Dawn/Dusk character is not very pleasing to my eyes. The same could be said about certian animation styles in anime or a color of an automobile. I just don't care for thier choice in hair on that model and I find that annoying.

omghi2u
05-15-03, 01:41 PM
That blurry ass video doesn't do her any justice.

DorXtar
05-15-03, 01:48 PM
I think you're misunderstanding me. I should have said that I find the hair style that is used on the Dawn/Dusk character is not very pleasing to my eyes. The same could be said about certian animation styles in anime or a color of an automobile. I just don't care for thier choice in hair on that model and I find that annoying.

The only hairstyle I dislike on grrls is a bald head full of scabs (due to injury).

But bald heads are fine.

Uttar
05-15-03, 01:48 PM
Yeah, it'd be nicer if it was longer hair. Although IMO, it's fine right now.
Truly good looking long hair is gonna take a lot of GPU power, mostly vertex processing. I guess that's what we might get with the NV40, LOL!
"Okay, so we had to pay $250M to get T.A.T.U. to pose for us, but damn, it was worth it :D" j/k ( not a T.A.T.U. fan, just would find it quite funny )

Ricercar: Sounds nice, very nice indeed! :) Can't wait to see it myself.

Uttar

nVidi0t
05-15-03, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
Looks like Nvidia is cheating with Dusk too, looks like they gave her some silicon implants. :D

lol!

Lezmaka
05-16-03, 04:50 PM
Seems the real Dusk was at E3.

http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/e32k3bb43.jpg

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/4889/SUPP/large1.jpg