PDA

View Full Version : Will a dual slot video card fit in my HP desktop?

Oblivion92
07-18-08, 05:04 PM
I have multiple questions I will raise here, but the main question is this: I have an HP A6554F (It's the same tower as all of the new A-series desktops if that helps) without any extended warentee so the second I open it up the standard HP warentee is void, thus I want to put off opening it as long as I can. Does anyone know if I can fit a Dual Slot video card (probably the EVGA 8800 GT Dual Slot Edition) into this tower? The tower is pretty small, but I'm sure I can put at least a single slot card in, right? Also, I can't find what kind of power supply I've got in here, even in the CMOS. Does anyone know? And last of all, I've got an LCD monitor and I'm using a VGA cable at the moment. When I get the card, should I get a DVI cable? Is it going to be significantly better?

Any help would be much appreciated.

nekrosoft13
07-18-08, 05:11 PM
sorry but i doubt that anyone will know by just model number.

provide pictures, dimensions

Oblivion92
07-18-08, 05:18 PM
I mentioned that I don't want to open it up until I have to due to the HP standard warentee. I've only had it for a few days so I want to be completely sure that nothing is going to fail right away thus, I can't take any pictures of the inside as of right now. Here is the computer at Circuit City, but I doubt it will do you any good. I was hoping someone had the same computer or a like model and could tell me.http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=213650&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=BIZRATE&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=93&om_keycode=93

Bman212121
07-18-08, 05:29 PM
Opening the side of the case won't void your warranty. It's actually better that you do open the case every few months and dust out the inside to make sure there is still airflow.

nV`andrew
07-18-08, 07:04 PM
You could try comparing the length of the case to the length of the video card. Although without opening you won't really know where the hard drive cage is and how big it is and if it will affect the card

It's a fairly big card, the cooler is massive.

nekrosoft13
07-18-08, 08:03 PM
you have to open it, do you how many different PC setups HP did