PDA

View Full Version : Feh, HP's new touch screen PC has NOTHING on THIS!

MisterMister
07-19-08, 04:38 PM
http://www.perceptivepixel.com/

This is the coolest fugging thing I have ever seen! Too bad it costs 100,000 USD and only uses its own proprietary OS/software... :(

It's still sci-fi-tastic! And it's REAL!

Revs
07-19-08, 04:45 PM
That's pretty cool. Like a 6ft iPod :p

MisterMister
07-19-08, 04:47 PM
Yea, I WISH my iPod-Touch was 1% as cool as that thing!

mullet
07-19-08, 05:44 PM
Meteorologist TV, done.

LinuxManMike
07-19-08, 05:58 PM
Meteorologist TV, done.

:thumbdwn:

A meteorologists TV display is done with a green screen. They are actually looking at a little monitor off to the side. The extent of "touch" involved is just to point stuff out to the viewer. All the animation and information is prepared beforehand and setup like a slideshow presentation. Not much to interact with other than two buttons hidden in their hand, or if they like to make it "look" cool, someone offscreen is controlling the slideshow.

MisterMister
07-19-08, 06:05 PM
Meteorologist TV, done.

Ummm... not even close. Sorry.

Edit: ahhh, I didnt understand what you meant.

mullet
07-19-08, 06:12 PM
Side menu, so there not standing in the way all the time.
No green screen, so they can actually see what there doing.
Would look more professional.
They could touch a location on the screen in a area and go to a live webcam for a variety reasons local events, live weather, local weather person. This is crap I that just thought of off the top of my head, I am sure with more professionals looking at it could be better then green screen funk.

Sazar
07-19-08, 06:30 PM
I want one :eek:

LinuxManMike
07-19-08, 06:44 PM
Side menu, so there not standing in the way all the time.
No green screen, so they can actually see what there doing.
Would look more professional.
They could touch a location on the screen in a area and go to a live webcam for a variety reasons local events, live weather, local weather person. This is crap I that just thought of off the top of my head, I am sure with more professionals looking at it could be better then green screen funk.

Oh... sorry, thought you were saying this stuff has already been done, the weather report being your example. Yeah, this could be useful to them.

trivium nate
07-19-08, 07:03 PM
probably costs a million dollars

Redeemed
07-19-08, 08:38 PM
What kind of computer would you need to power that? I highly doubt the beefiest of quad-core CPUs with even 16GB of RAM and dual 4870X2s could run that! :bugeyes:

Holy Crap!

crainger
07-19-08, 08:42 PM
It's running on a Cell based Super Computer.

Redeemed
07-19-08, 08:45 PM

:lol:

IT'S BEEN CONSOLIZED!!!:headexplode:

Xion X2
07-19-08, 08:48 PM

Ken is teh god.

Redeemed
07-19-08, 09:15 PM
Seriously, though, what's powering that? Probably a server-chain like setup I'd imagine.

MisterMister
07-19-08, 09:30 PM
probably costs a million dollars

Nope. It's $100,000 USD. Made to order.

CNN is actually using one right now for their Election coverage! There is a link at the bottom of the page I linked you to in the first post which goes into detail on that (the one with "CNN" in it's URL description, duh).

MisterMister
07-19-08, 09:31 PM

Oh, so it's running on a PS3? LOL