PDA

View Full Version : Games for Windows Live now FREE

mojoman0
07-23-08, 02:38 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/22/games-for-windows-live-now-free/

Games for Windows – LIVE – our online multiplayer gaming service for Windows, now offers completely free multiplayer. No exceptions – multiplayer is completely free, even cross-platform gameplay with XBOX 360 users.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/live/Pages/AboutLive.aspx

crainger
07-23-08, 02:46 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1719562&postcount=31

bolololololoollolololol

mojoman0
07-23-08, 02:59 AM
ghey and misleading thread. I like mine better.

evox
07-23-08, 08:13 AM
First good step of GFW Live. :)

Noriega
07-23-08, 08:41 AM
Sh*t is also free but I don't eat it anyway.

BioHazZarD
07-23-08, 09:43 AM
It still suxx even if free..

ViN86
07-23-08, 09:49 AM
now, as stated in the article, the real question is, why do we 360 users have to pay for Live?

nekrosoft13
07-23-08, 09:49 AM
It still suxx even if free..

true true

Nitz Walsh
07-23-08, 09:52 AM
now, as stated in the article, the real question is, why do we 360 users have to pay for Live?
...because we don't have a choice. It's not like there are competing online services which can do everything Live can available on the 360 like there is on the PC. MS is only doing this because Live doesn't stand a hells chance of succeeding on the PC with so many competing services that were always free and frankly superior.

Welcome to the life of a closed platform user. :captnkill:

nekrosoft13
07-23-08, 09:56 AM

because you are suckers(nana2)

but seriously once people agreed to it and started paying, cost also went up from xbox to xbox 360. Why would MS stop?

On the second hand MP has always been free on PC, MS tried to turn PC into another cash cow. Since the LIVE on windows only supports about 10% of features it does on xbox 360 that didn't work. But now that they slowly will introduce more and more stuff to it. Sooner or later they will introduce montly cost again.

LurkerLito
07-23-08, 11:36 AM
Yeah this is a simple get people use to it now for free, later charge them a monthly for the most used features and the majority of people will not complain.

Bearclaw
07-23-08, 11:37 AM
Who cares. It still sucks.**** microsoft and their ****ty live.

Retrolock
07-23-08, 12:25 PM
Why do they even bother?

trivium nate
07-23-08, 12:46 PM
yeah this is cool
now if only my gears of war would work...

ViN86
07-23-08, 01:00 PM
...because we don't have a choice. It's not like there are competing online services which can do everything Live can available on the 360 like there is on the PC. MS is only doing this because Live doesn't stand a hells chance of succeeding on the PC with so many competing services that were always free and frankly superior.

Welcome to the life of a closed platform user. :captnkill:
heh well said :D

because you are suckers(nana2)

but seriously once people agreed to it and started paying, cost also went up from xbox to xbox 360. Why would MS stop?

On the second hand MP has always been free on PC, MS tried to turn PC into another cash cow. Since the LIVE on windows only supports about 10% of features it does on xbox 360 that didn't work. But now that they slowly will introduce more and more stuff to it. Sooner or later they will introduce montly cost again.
seriously. i get 12+1 month XBL Gold cards for my birthday every year though, so i dont mind too much.

i havent been online in a while. need to get back into it, but COD4 on PC is sooo addictive :drooling:

Quarter
07-23-08, 04:18 PM
It's actually a decent service as long as it's free. Not worth paying for on PC.

JessMyz
08-01-08, 12:06 PM
Hey all - new to the forum!

I don't know - I'm not soexcited about this. I thik my excitement is shadowed by annoyance at how long ths took to hapen. Pretty ridiculous.

Also - what is Microsoft doing to make all PC games work with live... me thnkstere are lots of uanswered questions!

My thoughts are pretty much in line with this Greg Vederman post I came across

http://www.thenextbench.com/hpg/blog?blog.id=hpblog

Quarter
08-01-08, 03:14 PM
I still would like to know why it sucks with everything free...

nutcrackr
08-01-08, 05:52 PM
Nothing wrong with it being free, but JessMyz is trying to say that it's taken too long to happen. And I agree. Not only that but it's taken too long for it to be a standalone product, for it to be PC centric and for it to sell PC games, distribute demos and other things like Xbox Live. MS says it's coming this Fall, it should have been here much earlier.