PDA

View Full Version : New Dets make the 5800 ultra a much better card

bkswaney
05-12-03, 03:51 PM
From looking at THG using the new 44.03 beta FX drivers the NV30 performance a LOT better and IQ is better.
Playing at 1024 res "like I do" it's about as good as the 9800 now. In some test faster. :)

As I see it now if u have a 5800 ultra there is really no need to upgrade. Well, unless u are like me and buy the latest and greatest. :angel:

The 5900 is so sweet I'm about to cry.
I want one NOW. :jumping:

But with the new drivers my 5800 will be just fine till I can get one. :afro2:

saturnotaku
05-12-03, 04:25 PM
bk,

Whenever there's a new detonator driver released, we always have a topic for discussing them in the detonator driver forum.

Here's (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11643) the link to the discussion on the new 44.03 set.

Nv40
05-12-03, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bkswaney
From looking at THG using the new 44.03 beta FX drivers the NV30 performance a LOT better and IQ is better.
Playing at 1024 res "like I do" it's about as good as the 9800 now. In some test faster. :)

As I see it now if u have a 5800 ultra there is really no need to upgrade. Well, unless u are like me and buy the latest and greatest. :angel:

The 5900 is so sweet I'm about to cry.
I want one NOW. :jumping:

But with the new drivers my 5800 will be just fine till I can get one. :afro2:

indeed , it will be crazy to "upgrade" if you already have an Nv30 ..
unless you are rich ,and have always the fastest card every month..
$500 is alot of money ...i dont think so..

now that if you have a directx7,8 card ,its a diferent story ..
im tempted to get the Nv35 now , or wait until cristmast for the NV40.. :)
because the real reason for me to upgrade will be Doom3,Halflife2 and Stalker.. :D

and those games will not be released (at the least) until the end of year.
if things go well there will be now many choices of hardware by this christmas ...