PDA

View Full Version : FS Old Sony F500R 21" monitor, $50 OBO

tzl99
07-24-08, 01:15 PM
Hi all,
I've got a 7+ year old Sony F500R 21" CRT. It works but was slowly losing brightness and focus. I've replaced it with a LCD and have put the monitor in it's box, along with the cables. I'm in the Triangle area of NC and if anyone is interested in looking at it or trying it out I'd be happy to show it to them. Since it isn't in the greatest condition I'm offering it for $50 OBO, for local pickup. It's too heavy and bulky to ship. My wife is giving me a week or two to dispose of it, so if I don't get offers by then I'll just be giving it away (or send it to for recycling).

MikeC, if this post is in the wrong area or inappropriate please delete/move it. Thanks.
TZL99
P.S. If anyone would like to check it out it would be preferable to bring a laptop to connect it to for testing. Its in the garage now and would be a pain to take upstairs to test.

CaptNKILL
07-24-08, 01:51 PM
If you have any ebay or heatware feedback you'll have to post it before selling here. If you don't have 10+ positive feedback with either of those, you'll have to register with MikeC by sending him a private message.

Though with a pickup only item I guess its a bit hard to scam someone. :p

Still, you'll have a much better chance of selling if you register or post feedback.

Bearclaw
07-24-08, 01:52 PM
CRT? Those are still around?!

CaptNKILL
07-24-08, 01:53 PM
CRT? Those are still around?!

I'm still using one. :lol:

ViN86
07-24-08, 01:54 PM
the old Sony CRT's are some of the best monitors ever made, fwiw.

Bearclaw
07-24-08, 01:56 PM
I'm still using one. :lol:

Lol. There so.... heavy!

tzl99
07-24-08, 05:25 PM
If you have any ebay or heatware feedback you'll have to post it before selling here. If you don't have 10+ positive feedback with either of those, you'll have to register with MikeC by sending him a private message.

Though with a pickup only item I guess its a bit hard to scam someone. :p

Still, you'll have a much better chance of selling if you register or post feedback.

Hey CaptKNILL:
I guess I'll try to PM MikeC. I don't have ebay feedback since I usually don't sell stuff. I wasn't going to ask for money sight unseen. Simply I thought if someone was in the Triangle area and just wanted to see it, they could. I already called our local waste management and found they have a service to properly dispose of or recycle old computer equipment, including monitors free of charge so if no one wants it, that's probably where it will be headed.

Honestly, I wanted to keep my monitor around as a backup in case the current one fails but my wife isn't too pleased with the space it takes up in the garage.

Thanks for the reply.
TZL99
P.S. To Bearclaw, yes they are very heavy and bulky, still I know some people, especially on Tech forums like to tinker with old equipment so I thought I'd offer it up before disposing of it.