PDA

View Full Version : FSAA works in Gothic 3

FearMeAll
07-24-08, 09:52 PM
I know a lot of folks hate this game, but I still play it. For those who do like it the 1.6 Community Patch http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11755/Gothic+3+Community+Patch+1.6 and using nhancer allow the game to finally work perfectly with FSAA. Was an eyesore without it. After installing this patch go into nhancer, find the game profile, and set FSAA compatibility to "0000f0c1: STALKER" and FSAA will work without having to delete game videos or whatnot like before and it works just fine in vista. I haven't tried this without the 1.6 patch but it may work, may not.
Here is a screenshot:

Q
07-24-08, 09:59 PM
Thanks for sharing. If I ever get the... sadistic urge... to play this game, it will make it a bit nicer.

Is this game the definition of EPIC FAIL or what?

nekrosoft13
07-24-08, 10:15 PM
it's actually guite good game

crainger
07-24-08, 10:28 PM
Write a review for it please nekro taking into account the community patches. kthnx.

|MaguS|
07-24-08, 10:28 PM
No its not. Has a horrible combat system and the game itself is very broken...

FearMeAll
07-24-08, 11:03 PM
It's fun in God mode, lol...at least makes the game less frustrating. I don't know...I want to like it so bad because of Gothic 2.

FearMeAll
07-25-08, 06:25 AM
Game isn't broken anymore(quests work/complete)...just the standard "cant play for more than 30min-2hrs w/o crash" RPG syndrome.

That screen looks great, Gothic 3 is such a beautiful game...especially the forests.

I played for 8 hours at a time with no crashes at all.

FearMeAll
07-26-08, 08:02 AM
Lucky you...very. Tons of people who ran the settings maxed experienced crashing, lowered settings fixed alot of folks...were you maxed?

Oh yes with 16xfsaa. hope I stay lucky.

nekrosoft13
07-26-08, 01:48 PM
Lucky you...very. Tons of people who ran the settings maxed experienced crashing, lowered settings fixed alot of folks...were you maxed?

this is something we will see more and more often. more and more recent games require 2+gb. 32bit os will have issues and crash

FearMeAll
07-26-08, 02:15 PM
this is something we will see more and more often. more and more recent games require 2+gb. 32bit os will have issues and crash

You think people are running out of ram? I just loaded it up and it is using 1.4gigs of ram in Windows Task Manager..wow that's a good bit.Probably uses more as you play too. Vista64 FTW!
edit--it is now at 1.6 gigs after 30 minutes of play
edit again--now at 1.8 gigs. This game loves ram!

Vanzagar
07-26-08, 02:18 PM
I know a lot of folks hate this game, but I still play it. For those who do like it the 1.6 Community Patch http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11755/Gothic+3+Community+Patch+1.6 and using nhancer allow the game to finally work perfectly with FSAA. Was an eyesore without it. After installing this patch go into nhancer, find the game profile, and set FSAA compatibility to "0000f0c1: STALKER" and FSAA will work without having to delete game videos or whatnot like before and it works just fine in vista. I haven't tried this without the 1.6 patch but it may work, may not.
Here is a screenshot:

Hey could you please share your best mods to add and your config file if you have it tweaked... I'd like to give this game a second chance...

walterman
07-26-08, 02:22 PM
My congratulations to the developers of this patch. Bringing FSAA to any game is no small feat.

In the old days of MSDOS, the engine of the game had a built-in memory manager :)

FearMeAll
07-26-08, 02:56 PM
Hey could you please share your best mods to add and your config file if you have it tweaked... I'd like to give this game a second chance...

I have no mods. just this 1.6 unofficial patch and nhancer with the FSAA compatibility setting.
Behold my God mode power!

Vanzagar
07-26-08, 08:01 PM
Here is a screenshot:

FearMeAll, does G3 have any good dungeons? could u post some pics of the dungeon environments please...

killahsin
07-28-08, 09:38 AM
does the community patch work on direct 2 drive versions of the game?

nekrosoft13
07-28-08, 09:47 AM
does the community patch work on direct 2 drive versions of the game?

probably not, since it replaced many game critital files (exe, few dll)