PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge: Interview + gameplay

Pages : [1] 2 3

Toss3
07-25-08, 06:47 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/949457/mirrors-edge/videos/mirrorsedgelivewire_072308.html

Haven't seen this posted yet, but it's interesting and shows much more gameplay than what we've seen so far. Enjoy! :)

Zeus666
07-25-08, 01:42 PM
WTF !?
he got stuck a couple of time but the gameplay seems good, i like that it is not too easy

thank for the vid :)

MaXThReAT
07-25-08, 07:30 PM
Well that video made me feel much better about the game. From the trailers I started to get the feeling the character was on rails and you just told them to go forward, jump, slide...whatever but it is a real FPP (First Person Platform) with almost total freedom.
Can't wait, looks really fun.

nutcrackr
07-25-08, 08:07 PM
This is like Ass creed but in the future with guns and skyscrapers right?

NaitoSan
07-25-08, 09:52 PM
This is like Ass creed but in the future with guns and skyscrapers right?
No.

|MaguS|
07-25-08, 09:56 PM
It's a First Person platformer with little combat, they claim that you can complete the game without killing a single person.

MaXThReAT
07-25-08, 11:22 PM
It's a First Person platformer with little combat, they claim that you can complete the game without killing a single person.

I think it was without firing a single bullet, still get to kill people or at least knock them out. I wonder if the chicks name is Mirror and she has an edge.

NaitoSan
07-26-08, 12:01 AM
I think it was without firing a single bullet, still get to kill people or at least knock them out. I wonder if the chicks name is Mirror and she has an edge.
All I know she's hot. :D

wrathofgod
07-26-08, 12:33 AM
Looks great. I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Thanks to the OP for the linkage.

SH64
07-26-08, 02:30 AM
Looks one hell of a frustrating platformer!

mullet
07-26-08, 09:48 AM
My god this game looks amazing. I think better then crysis.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=32405&stc=1&d=1217080060

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=32406&stc=1&d=1217080060

crainger
07-26-08, 09:51 AM
I love how important things stick out as red, but still look like they belong in the real world. Unlike the silly glow in games like Thief 3.

Also Crysis is a myth. It never existed. That's right, I'm a Crysis denyer.

Vanzagar
07-26-08, 12:40 PM
All the red ramps on the roof tops seem silly and loses the immersion for me... I hope they have some good explanation for them in the game's story...

Redeemed
07-26-08, 12:48 PM
All the red ramps on the roof tops seem silly and loses the immersion for me... I hope they have some good explanation for them in the game's story...

QFT. Those would have no logical purpose for being there in reality. They're placed there to make your stunts easier obviously. But, for realism they should have not put the ramps except for in some construction zones. And even then only a small amount of them.

SH64
07-26-08, 01:31 PM
I thought these are just for the tutorial mission ?

Roliath
07-26-08, 02:54 PM
Game looks great, but needs more AA and less tearing!

jAkUp
07-26-08, 11:04 PM
Game looks great, but needs more AA and less tearing!

Good thing it's coming to PC :D

crainger
07-27-08, 03:09 AM

What?! It's the art style, it has contrasting colours, not only is it interesting to look at, it serves a purpose in gameplay.

Jesus ****ing Christ, god forbid a developer does something a little outside the box with the art and graphics and doesn't just stick with the gritty real look of games like COD4 and Crysis.

OMG It's all brown, TOO MUCH BROWN!, 5 seconds later, OMG TOO MUCH COLOUR! THAT RED IS TOO MCUH ADD BROWNE FAGS!

::rant::

nutcrackr
07-27-08, 03:17 AM
I want green ramps, red makes me angry

crainger
07-27-08, 03:21 AM
I'll give you green ramps in a minute...

GitDat
07-27-08, 09:48 AM
Where's the Spider-Man mod? :D

mullet
07-27-08, 11:32 AM
What?! It's the art style, it has contrasting colours, not only is it interesting to look at, it serves a purpose in gameplay.

Jesus ****ing Christ, god forbid a developer does something a little outside the box with the art and graphics and doesn't just stick with the gritty real look of games like COD4 and Crysis.

OMG It's all brown, TOO MUCH BROWN!, 5 seconds later, OMG TOO MUCH COLOUR! THAT RED IS TOO MCUH ADD BROWNE FAGS!

I totally agree my little buddy. I am getting this game no matter what if not only just to run around and look at stuff. This game is so damn pretty it blows away everything I have seen to date.

ralinn
07-27-08, 12:01 PM

+1 +1 +1!

Try not to mention Crysis though, you'll get the crazies in here. :(

Vanzagar
07-27-08, 01:48 PM

There's a difference between an artistic style, vs silly gimicks that handicap gameplay. I'm all for the color scheme and style, yeah that looks fresh and interesting and I'm all for it... if you actually read the post it was the silly red ramps on top of a lot of the buildings not the contrasting colors I was talking about... next time read the actual post before you go off on some random rant...

I'd like to have to figure things out and not be led by the nostrils on where to go at every turn...

SH64, I hope you're right and they are for tutorials only, but looking at the demo vid it looked like they were playing a non tutorial level...

rh

Bman212121
07-27-08, 02:15 PM
@rhuala: My guess is that the red part will be there on easy and normal modes, and the hard mode will probably not have the red to help guide you. As they were saying in the video the red is just there to help you figure out where to go, but you can take other paths besides the red one.

There is no way I could play this game though, they talked about getting rid of motion sickness, but just widening the FOV isn't going to do it for me. I'd have to take some Dramamine before I even try to play the game. :lol: