PDA

View Full Version : Question for PS3 Owners

Ninjaman09
07-25-08, 09:46 PM
I've been enjoying my PS3 quite a bit since I got it and haven't regretted it at all. Today I decided to check out the backwards compatibility and played Mega Man Anniversary Collection for a while. I played through Mega Man 2 and 3 without any issues. Afterwards, I turned the system off and went away for a bit. I came back later to play Mega Man some more, and every time I try to play the game now, the system freezes at a black screen. I can't do anything except eject the disc and manually power down the system with the switch on the back. It won't play any PS2 discs at all. I tried installing a system update, resetting the default settings, and deleting and reinstalling the PS2 memory card, but nothing has worked.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I tried searching the official PS3 forums and Google but nothing came up.

|MaguS|
07-25-08, 09:55 PM
Thats weird, it worked and then stopped? Have you fully powered off the PS3 and then turned it back on? I really haven't had any issue with my PS3 but I haven't played my PS3 much lately.

LORD-eX-Bu
07-25-08, 09:57 PM
Backwards compatibility? whats that? (crazy)

Ninjaman09
07-25-08, 10:11 PM
Thats weird, it worked and then stopped? Have you fully powered off the PS3 and then turned it back on? I really haven't had any issue with my PS3 but I haven't played my PS3 much lately.

Yeah it worked perfectly then it just wasn't able to start up the game. None of my PS2 discs will load in fact. Very strange but oh well. :p

crainger
07-25-08, 10:40 PM
Is there backwards compatibility data you can delete and reinstall like 360? I dunno. I think there is on my system, but mine is a PAL system with software compatibility.

Ninjaman09
07-25-08, 11:00 PM
Is there backwards compatibility data you can delete and reinstall like 360? I dunno. I think there is on my system, but mine is a PAL system with software compatibility.

Yeah I was looking for something like that, but I couldn't find anything. :(

ViN86
07-26-08, 09:38 AM
Backwards compatibility? whats that? (crazy)
it's that holy grail we 360 users are trying to find as well. and may i say we are having less success than the early ps3 adopters lol.

crainger
07-26-08, 09:42 AM
My PS3 plays God of War and God of War 2. It is good.

My 360 wont play Broken Sword 3. ::(:

So I bought the PC version. It is good. ::jumping::