PDA

View Full Version : Activision Cans Ghostbusters game

evox
07-29-08, 02:34 AM
Activision Blizzard has submitted its latest release schedule with no mention of forthcoming title from Terminal Reality, Ghostbusters, 50: Cent: Blood on the Sand from Swordfish or Double Fine's Brutal Legend.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/activision-cans-ghostbusters-game

sillyeagle
07-29-08, 02:39 AM
I don't see how a dev can put that much into a game just to have it canceled. I mean when I saw the video it looked pretty far along, though I'm sure a lot of maps needed to be done. It looked complete though as far as the map they used in the video.

LordJuanlo
07-29-08, 02:46 AM
I don't believe it

crainger
07-29-08, 02:46 AM
I dunno, they showed trailers at E3, this states it's off the schedule for release, maybe it's delayed, maybe it's a mistake. If it has been canned then ::(:

npras42
07-29-08, 03:26 AM
According to Gamespot, its not definitely been canned because there are other publishing arms in the Activision Blizzard family and it may be released through one of them.

BioHazZarD
07-29-08, 03:59 AM
oh no wtf is going on :(

Mr_LoL
07-29-08, 04:15 AM
oh no wtf is going on :(

Nothing to worry about becuase its most likely would have been a mediocre game anyway.

LordJuanlo
07-29-08, 04:18 AM
Even a mediocre game can turn into a good game if it has coop. I hope it's not canned

SH64
07-29-08, 05:55 AM
WTF!! they cant can the game just like that :wtf:

saturnotaku
07-29-08, 05:57 AM
WTF!! they cant can the game just like that :wtf:

They're the publisher. They can do whatever they want.

Edit: I've worked in print publishing, and we had several projects canceled in mid-stream. There was one where an art director had put in probably about 2 months of full-time work, and it was gone in a finger snap. That's the way it goes.

Q
07-29-08, 06:01 AM
Damn.

walterman
07-29-08, 07:37 AM
It is not cancelled. I know it from first hand.

nekrosoft13
07-29-08, 07:42 AM
It is not cancelled. I know it from first hand.

good to hear

NaitoSan
07-29-08, 07:46 AM
Good to know, Walterman. I'm glad because I'm still looking forward to this one... very much.

Oh yeah, two Ghostbuster movies' heading to Blu-ray later this year and it will contains a demo of Ghostbuster game for PS3. :D

malachi1313
07-29-08, 01:08 PM
This story at shack explains alot:http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53905

nekrosoft13
07-29-08, 01:11 PM
would be nice if you could post it here

|MaguS|
07-29-08, 01:16 PM
Basically the game is still in development but Activision has dropped most of their publishing of Vivendi titles. The developers are looking for new publishers.

evox
07-30-08, 04:15 AM
^ what he said.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ghostbusters-will-be-published

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-30-08, 07:14 AM
games that hang loose is

Ghostbusters riddick WIC sovjet Assault among others, are Activison gone retard? how can they can WIC/MASSIve that was so praised fot their world in conflict adn now they let them go?

assholes retards i canīt come up, with better words to describe activisoin and like a guy siad at a froum. Activiosion ainīt worthy massive anymore after this stunt and
i agree.

here are the games that activison letīs go when getting rid of vivendi games

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand,
Brütal Legend, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena,
Ghostbusters, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust,
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault,
Wet, Zombie Wranglers

damn sad ending for the great Swedish devs if they canīt find a new publisher and who knows if sovjet ever sees ligt of day

damn brainless assholes how can they do this

well itīs their funeral

SH64
08-05-08, 01:10 PM
Sony to backup Ghostbusters ?
According to a Sony Pictures spokesperson it is working with Activision Blizzard “to evaluate various options surrounding the release of the Ghostbusters video game, to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in ‘09.”
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54456

|MaguS|
08-05-08, 01:20 PM
Well it is their movie IP and they would make money off its sales. Heck the PS3 is the primary development platform for the title aswell. I don't see why Sony doesn't publish it but as long as their helping the team and trying to get it to market, I don't care what platform its on. I just wana play it!

NaitoSan
08-05-08, 07:22 PM
I think I'm getting it for PS3. The game looks freaking awesome and I'm already excited to re-watch Ghostbuster movies when they hit on Blu-ray.