PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect - v1.01 Patch / Bring Down The Sky DLC Available

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
07-29-08, 11:32 AM
Update 1.01

* added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
* updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
* fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
* fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
* fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
* fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
* fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
* fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
* fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds

Mass Effect Configuration Utility

* fixed a crash running on certain multi-core AMD systems
* fixed an issue where video RAM was not being reported properly on certain cards

Fully optimized for the PC, “Bring Down the Sky” is the first in a series of planned downloadable content that will further expand the Mass Effect story and universe. It includes a new uncharted world that introduces the deadly Batarian alien race, approximately 90 minutes of new gameplay and an original soundtrack.

The storyline for the new content begins as Batarian extremists have hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent.

DLC Installation Instructions

1. Log in to the BioWare Community (register for a free BioWare Community Account or Login to your account now)
2. Register Your Mass Effect (PC) CD Key and get a Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky CD Key for free!
* Once you are logged in, register your Mass Effect (PC) CD Key on this CD Key Page. (login required)
* Your Mass Effect : Bring Down the Sky CD Key will be listed once your key is registered.
3. Download and Run the Installer
* Run the downloaded file to install the new content.
* Enter your Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky CD Key when asked by the installer.
* You can always access this CD Key from your Mass Effect CD Key page. (login required)

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54257
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=1602

breathemetal
07-29-08, 11:36 AM
YAY!

malachi1313
07-29-08, 11:49 AM
Awesome!

nekrosoft13
07-29-08, 12:10 PM
took them long time to release that content.

maybe I will play this game again sometime.

MaXThReAT
07-29-08, 01:41 PM
Perfect timing for me, I just beat the game this morning. Awesome game, I don't think I could be much happier with the ending, not to mention I got to bed that Ashley chick. can't wait to move on to the DLC.
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/579/masseffect121xg8.th.jpg (http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masseffect121xg8.jpg)

malachi1313
07-29-08, 03:11 PM
How the hell do you access the downloadable content. I read with the xbox version you had to make a new character and then play upto the point where you get the normandy and THEN it's accessible. any confirmation?

|MaguS|
07-29-08, 03:29 PM
How the hell do you access the downloadable content. I read with the xbox version you had to make a new character and then play upto the point where you get the normandy and THEN it's accessible. any confirmation?

Should be the same since its the same game...

wysiwyg
07-29-08, 04:27 PM
i got the to new content on the galaxy map, there was a new galaxy added

its a bit boring imho

nekrosoft13
07-29-08, 04:30 PM
is it atleast marked as new galaxy? who here is going to remember all those dots

wysiwyg
07-29-08, 04:31 PM
no

but look at the info too-

The storyline for the new content begins as Batarian extremists have hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent.

just go there its at the bottom left of the galaxy map, very short too the addon, took me less than an hour to complete.. meh!

crainger
07-29-08, 04:56 PM
It is marked, marked like the quest planets.

wysiwyg
07-29-08, 05:00 PM
still a hassle just to get less than an hours addon, why cant bioware just release the damn addons as is without any registrations etc required

crainger
07-29-08, 05:08 PM
So people don't pirate their game. PC gamers are predictable. They'll pirate a game, but once they find they can't get extra content, they'll probably buy the game.

CaptNKILL
07-29-08, 06:28 PM
So people don't pirate their game. PC gamers are predictable. They'll pirate a game, but once they find they can't get extra content, they'll probably buy the game.

Exactly.

methimpikehoses
07-29-08, 06:29 PM
Exactly.

I knew you were going to say that.

CaptNKILL
07-29-08, 06:48 PM
I knew you were going to say that.

Me too.

SH64
07-29-08, 07:00 PM
I knew you both were going to say what you just said.

malachi1313
07-29-08, 09:34 PM
I dont know if its the patch or latest nvidia drivers but that one planet where you get the blue chick has a bunch of missing textures now, Tried with the 177.73 as well as the WHQL candidate they released today. Anyone else seeing this?

CaptNKILL
07-29-08, 10:08 PM
Did they even fix Garrus with this patch?

malachi1313
07-29-08, 10:19 PM
No

malachi1313
07-29-08, 10:27 PM
Here is a good pic of the missing textures:http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/168/holymolyfy3.jpg Bad thing about it is on that planet there are alot of bridges and if your not careful you will end up in the lave(which you cant see either). Apparently it has to do with the DLC.

SH64
07-29-08, 10:27 PM
No
:thumbdwn:

malachi1313
07-29-08, 10:35 PM
Apparently there is a workaround for the missing textures. do this:Go to My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Published\CookedPC and remove the UPK file (LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk). The official workaround by a Bioware guy reads like this:

For the Therum "missing texture" issue, you can either use the work around already suggested, or you can use the button we provided in the config tool. The issue is an unreal texture issue that can appear sporadically.

In the config tool use the "repair" section and select the "Delete Local Shader Cache Files". This should automatically fix the problem for you without you needing to use the workaround suggested.

crainger
07-29-08, 10:58 PM
What they didn't fix Garrus?!

Tells me that they can't fix him. ::(:

Still better than issues I had with the 360 version, if my 360 wasn't so randomly faulty it would be the better version IMHO.

shilk
07-29-08, 11:59 PM
(soapbox)

Waiting two months for this crap. I'm so freaking disgusted at them for dropping the ball so bad on this one. I'm gonna shelve this game and go play something else instead.

I can't see why they couldn't even address the bugs that came up in the forums since day one, and even say that "it's being worked on" or something. The glaring flaws the game has plus two months later, we get this crap and more bugs.

Freakin sell outs. They've totally lost touch with the community and what made them choice devs in the first place.

The only dev company left I can confide in is CDProjekt. At least I can play the new Witcher next month instead of waiting for patches that'll never fix the obvious. At least they can communicate with their fans and address issues.