PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports Coming Back to PC

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
07-30-08, 12:39 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53921

Peter Moore said EA Sports will be "Retooling these titles to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way. Stay tuned for more on this."

K007
07-30-08, 12:57 AM
meh...i never found them interesting in the first place..

Medion
07-30-08, 01:05 AM
Who wants to bet that Madden 2010 STILL uses the same graphics engine features in Madden 2001 on the PS2? Anyone else ever wonder why the system specs from Madden 02-08 kept going up, yet the visuals remained the same?

nutcrackr
07-30-08, 02:55 AM
I'd buy a console if I wanted to play sports games, and I haven't, because I don't

wysiwyg
07-30-08, 05:41 AM
boring

nekrosoft13
07-30-08, 06:11 AM
FiFA will be upgraded this year, NHL maybe.

Good, finally will buy a new FiFA game.

raystorm
07-30-08, 07:14 AM
Well FIFA and NHL sell plenty on the pc in europe and EA acknowledged that so I doubt they'll abandon those titles. I could still see them making more PGA Golf games as I figure they sell enough in the US and Europe to make it worth developing but it still uses the same ol' tired PS2 engine and needs a total overhaul which I dont think they'll do. Too bad, I remember when there used to be lots of golf games (arcade and sim) to choose from such as PGA, Links..etc.

nekrosoft13
07-30-08, 07:19 AM
i'm really glad FiFA will get re-done. They better not be lying about this.

crainger
07-30-08, 07:30 AM
Does that mean a PS3/360 port of the next Tiger Woods game, not a port of the PS2 version?!

Noriega
07-30-08, 07:34 AM
I really prefer to go out with friends and play football than play sport games.

BronzeGod
07-30-08, 08:14 AM
i wish EA would go away.

dante
07-30-08, 08:56 AM
I'm really happy to hear this. I love Madden on the PC. Play it a lot and I like it way more than the console versions. Even though the graphics improve minimally on the PC, they still are far better than PS3 or 360. Also, the camera is better on the PC. A bit closer to the action. The NHL series has been ignored even more than the Madden series as far as I'm concerned. It used to be the flagship sports game for EA and it's sad how bad they let it become.

crainger
07-30-08, 08:59 AM
I really prefer to go out with friends and play football than play sport games.

OMG! Friends, outside? How lame!, jeez get inside a bit more! ::D:

Medion
07-30-08, 09:01 AM
Even though the graphics improve minimally on the PC, they still are far better than PS3 or 360.

You're on crack if you truly believe that. The PS3/360 got a new engine, while the PC version was still using the PS2 engine. The PC = PS2 in high res, and that is NOT better looking than PS3/360. EA had better take this year off to retool the graphics engine for the PC version. When that engine first made it to the PC, 3DFx cards could run it, and it even had a Glide path!

Dreamingawake
07-30-08, 09:17 AM
Ea Sports is DEFINITELY the worst part about EA.

Most all their games have been recycled garbage year after year.

So basically they're saying " Hey, guys! We're actually going to start putting
effort into things" !!

about time, but I wouldn't get my hopes up..:cool:

Retrolock
07-30-08, 10:45 AM
Yeah i was hoping for an PC NBA Live 09 ported from the xbox 360... But hell, Nba 2k series is so much better.

Don't stone me to death just because I love sports video games lol

Destroy
07-30-08, 10:59 AM
Looking forward to more PS2 ports. Not.

mailman2
07-30-08, 11:14 AM
Ive got NHL and Madden 2008 for PC and 360, the PC versions are way better.

Medion
07-30-08, 11:16 AM

I don't follow the NHL games, but I'd honestly like your opinions on why Madden 2008 is better on the PC than on the 360. The last comparison I did was Madden 2005 on PC vs. PS2, and PS2 won for me. The PS2's franchise mode was more fleshed out, and the graphics were better IMO. Sure, I could run the PC version in high res, but then everything look washed out, and you could clearly make out the low poly models. It was one step forward, two steps back.

LordJuanlo
07-30-08, 11:41 AM

No way, I don't know Madden but NHL 08 for PC is a crappy PS2 port, it does not have the advanced shooting system that it has on 360 (using the right thumbstick), amonst other things

Medion
07-30-08, 11:48 AM
No way, I don't know Madden but NHL 08 for PC is a crappy PS2 port, it does not have the advanced shooting system that it has on 360 (using the right thumbstick), amonst other things

Madden is the same way. Reading reviews/comparisons, the PC version of 2008 has missing or watered down features when compared to the console counterparts. It's even missing some franchise features from the PC 2007 edition. Add in the PS2 graphics, and I really can't see how anyone could call the PC version superior, unless they're a blinded PC loyalist, or they prefer playing it with a keyboard/mouse.

dante
07-30-08, 12:06 PM
I don't follow the NHL games, but I'd honestly like your opinions on why Madden 2008 is better on the PC than on the 360. The last comparison I did was Madden 2005 on PC vs. PS2, and PS2 won for me. The PS2's franchise mode was more fleshed out, and the graphics were better IMO. Sure, I could run the PC version in high res, but then everything look washed out, and you could clearly make out the low poly models. It was one step forward, two steps back.

We have Madden '08 for the XBox 360. Im running the PC version08 on a 24" Widescreen at 1920x1200. With AA enabled. Not even close. The 360 looks like a 5 year old pc version at best. No AA. Not nearly as clear and it's connected to a good HD TV! Also, the camera perspective is too far away for me. Now the Xbox 360 version probably has more features as far as gameplay. And it should because they virtually ignore the pc version. Im not arguing that. But for pure feel and visual quality there is no comparison. IMHO!
Some games on the 360 do look very good though. I really think Fight Night 3 looks fantastic in HD. Assasins Creed looks nice as well. GTA 4 looks like crap though.

Nza
07-30-08, 10:32 PM

Madden 08 PC is the best Madden out there. Why? Because the old engine is still the best engine, and the old engine is best seen on PC by far. It's more realistic, it's more evened AI wise, less glitchy, smoother, and IMO, just a better representation of football.

There are no missing features on the PC? The missing features are on the 360 (still). Franchise mode on 08 360 was unplayable. Franchise mode in 08 PC (with editors) is unrivaled. PC used to be a year behind console but that was ages ago, like Madden 2001. Now days it's identical to the PS2, only with slightly more features for PC, better graphics, and smoother gameplay, and a *lot* of people prefered the PS2/Xbox game opposed to the 360/PS3 game.

It depends how you like to play. Casual play online, I'd go 360/PS3. Everything else, 08 PC. 08 PC will have a place even with 09 360 coming out in a few weeks. I've never met anyone who has played 08 360 and 08 PC and didn't prefer PC, but then these are mostly NFL enthusiasts.

methimpikehoses
07-30-08, 11:02 PM
Give us a decent baseball game. How ****ing hard could it be.

:headexplode:

Nza
07-30-08, 11:12 PM
You know the MVP PC community have been updating the game yearly? I've heard MVP PC remains the best baseball game out there years after it was cancelled due to user mods, like that Sierra Nascar game.