(nana2)

bacon12
07-31-08, 11:00 PM
Sweet.

Vanzagar
07-31-08, 11:01 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/895/895379p1.html

(nana2)

God this game looks like such crap to me, it's like id couldn't come up with a unique idea if you stuck a gun to their heads. Oh yeah, Nazi Germany and mutant zombies again... man with all the potential ideas out there and they waste their time on stuff they've done already, what's next quake 5 and doom 4, ker-yawn...

I'd like to see a remake of the classic game Kingpin, or how about a game based on the premise of the TV show "The Wire", or maybe a game played out in a nicely detailed sky scraper or office complex... man I'd even do with a new updated graphical version of classic first person viewed dungeon crawler games like Wizardary or Ulimate Underworld, all underground with wickedly detailed fire, special effects, fog and dungeon walls, without effort wasted on above ground... or how about a new System Shock type game...

Just my 2 cents... flame on I guess...

rh

mullet
07-31-08, 11:43 PM
I think it looks like ****, wtf are they thinking.

Ninja Prime
07-31-08, 11:49 PM
Zomg, doom 3 plus nazis, FAIL.

nutcrackr
08-01-08, 01:20 AM
I don't think Raven are suited to this type of material

AthlonXP1800
08-01-08, 02:21 AM
Watched video, wow look good and cant wait to play new Wolfenstein. :)

RAY16
08-01-08, 02:25 AM
God this game looks like such crap to me, it's like id couldn't come up with a unique idea if you stuck a gun to their heads. Oh yeah, Nazi Germany and mutant zombies again... man with all the potential ideas out there and they waste their time on stuff they've done already, what's next quake 5 and doom 4, ker-yawn...

I'd like to see a remake of the classic game Kingpin, or how about a game based on the premise of the TV show "The Wire", or maybe a game played out in a nicely detailed sky scraper or office complex... man I'd even do with a new updated graphical version of classic first person viewed dungeon crawler games like Wizardary or Ulimate Underworld, all underground with wickedly detailed fire, special effects, fog and dungeon walls, without effort wasted on above ground... or how about a new System Shock type game...

Just my 2 cents... flame on I guess...

rh

First off, iD isn't making this game, Raven is. iD Software is busy making Rage (a new IP! *gasp*), Doom 4, and Quake Live.

And second, I find it hilarious that you complain about Wolfenstein's zombies and Nazi's being unoriginal and then go on to suggest sequels and remakes to other franchises and games based on TV shows. So much for originality, eh? :headexplode:

Gaco
08-01-08, 02:50 AM
or office complex...

F.E.A.R. ;)

bob saget
08-01-08, 02:53 AM
i wouldnt really look for some amazing new concept in a new game in order to buy it. The game has to be fun to play, and have some aspects that i look for. A new quake, or new doom, or even a new wolfenstein may not have brand new ideas or technologies, but if its fun and your blowing **** up, i will probably play it :D

Ywap
08-01-08, 03:21 AM
Wow, looks very cool indeed!

NaitoSan
08-01-08, 04:11 AM
I can't wait for this game. As much I'd love to see a sequel to Kingpin but original developer is no longer around. Well, few people joined Treyarch and the rest went to find a job on their own.

I think Kingpin 2 was announced but got canned in 2005. I kind of doubt we'll see Kingpin 2 anytime soon.

SH64
08-01-08, 04:25 AM
Hmm it dosent look so bad ..

http://i33.tinypic.com/jhzu53.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/et5jpe.jpg

six_storm
08-01-08, 08:09 AM
Hopefully, the fun factor will outshine the old Doom 3 engine . . . ;)

DJMONDY
08-01-08, 09:30 AM
OMG that looks awfull :thumbdwn:

I hope the game is fun but compared to alot of games out there the graphics just look very dated....Not impressed!

DoomUK
08-01-08, 11:39 AM
God this game looks like such crap to me, it's like id couldn't come up with a unique idea if you stuck a gun to their heads.

Rage (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53979).

And Wolfenstein isn't being developed by id.

ClosetFanBoy
08-01-08, 11:39 AM
I wasnt terribly impressed with the screenshots, but the video was pretty flippin cool. I cant wait.

Crosses fingers on the MP....

Crow_Nest
08-01-08, 11:56 AM
Im a little disappointed with the graphics, those textures look kinda low res for today. Perhaps its just me...

Sowk
08-01-08, 12:35 PM
No not just you, looks like a console game to me... Oh wait...

Vanzagar
08-01-08, 01:57 PM
First off, iD isn't making this game, Raven is. iD Software is busy making Rage (a new IP! *gasp*), Doom 4, and Quake Live.

And second, I find it hilarious that you complain about Wolfenstein's zombies and Nazi's being unoriginal and then go on to suggest sequels and remakes to other franchises and games based on TV shows. So much for originality, eh? :headexplode:

Lol, I knew someone with their head up their butt would nit pick that (had post originally written as id/Raven)... it's id's brain child, it's their franchise that they are outsourcing (throwing money) to Raven... haha and they are making another doom and more quake, that's hilarious thanks for reinforcing my point...:headexplode:

As for The Wire, new as in for a game, man you need everything drawn out for you with pretty pictures to be able to understand it, those were quick reference suggestions, I didn't have time to write you a book...:retard: and yeah no that's not 100% new and unique either so don't go googling around for games that are similar, as nothing is ever 100% unique... but at least it's not the same similar rehashed crap for the tenth time… :banghead:

But hey as long as there are lame fanboys like you around to gobble up or defend their regurgitated crap, they'll be happy to take your $$, there's one born every second right...:headexplode:

As for their new ip, I won't hold my breath, I hope it's good... but knowing id, it'll probably be the same repetive stuff we've already seen from them a dozen times...

Sowk
08-01-08, 02:02 PM
As for their new ip, I won't hold my breath, I hope it's good... but knowing id, it'll probably be the same repetive stuff we've already seen from them a dozen times...

What Mutated humans... LOL

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/03/44/34453_Rage2008_shot2_logo_normal.jpg

RAY16
08-01-08, 02:19 PM
Lol, I knew someone with their head up their butt would nit pick that (had post originally written as id/Raven)... it's id's brain child, it's their franchise that they are outsourcing (throwing money) to Raven... haha and they are making another doom and more quake, that's hilarious thanks for reinforcing my point...:headexplode:

As for The Wire, new as in for a game, man you need everything drawn out for you with pretty pictures to be able to understand it, those were quick reference suggestions, I didn't have time to write you a book...:retard: and yeah no that's not 100% new and unique either so don't go googling around for games that are similar, as nothing is ever 100% unique... but at least it's not the same similar rehashed crap for the tenth time… :banghead:

But hey as long as there are lame fanboys like you around to gobble up or defend their regurgitated crap, they'll be happy to take your $$, there's one born every second right...:headexplode:

lol, somebody is defensive. I wasn't aware that offering an opposing viewpoint toward an unfairly negative post instantly makes me a fanboy. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Write me a book? Didn't ask for that. However, simply stating that you want some originality would have gotten your point across better than offering the completely unoriginal ideas that you brought to the table. It's obviously true that nothing is 100% original, but suggesting remakes, sequels and games based on TV shows is quite obviously a terrible example of wanting something "new".

Nice job personally attacking me, too. I didn't claim that you had your head up your ass, I didn't call you out as an iD hater, and I didn't try to put you down with less-than-subtle cheap shots at your level of intelligence. I hate to jump on quotation bandwagon, but: Why so serious?

Vanzagar
08-01-08, 03:16 PM
iD Software is busy making Rage (a new IP! *gasp*), Doom 4, and Quake Live.
Uh,I would say you are a fanboy when you are directly defending their work... er poorly defending...

Write me a book? Didn't ask for that. However, simply stating that you want some originality would have gotten your point across better than offering the completely unoriginal ideas that you brought to the table. It's obviously true that nothing is 100% original, but suggesting remakes, sequels and games based on TV shows is quite obviously a terrible example of wanting something "new".
oh really now, okay then I challenge you to provide us with a "good example"... deliver to all of us a unique idea where you are not referencing any existing tv show or game, and don't take an hour to think about it...

simply stating that you want some originality would have gotten your point across better
I disagree... I think it's weak to just demand something original without at least suggesting something else... how many good quality games have been made about the inner city youth ghetto drug scene?... and no I wouldn't count gta, no lets make another mutated human/zombie/nazi fps... maybe my idea does suck too, but at least it's a try at something that hasn't been beaten to death already...

Nice job personally attacking me, too. I didn't claim that you had your head up your ass, I didn't call you out as an iD hater, and I didn't try to put you down with less-than-subtle cheap shots at your level of intelligence. I hate to jump on quotation bandwagon, but: Why so serious?
Hmm, the pendulum only seems to swing one way with you? I count three times where you personally attacked me first... I think you're being a bit overly sensitive...

Monolyth
08-01-08, 03:53 PM
You two must save your fight for the mutant Nazi's.

END OF DAYS!

RAY16
08-01-08, 04:16 PM
Uh,I would say you are a fanboy when you are directly defending their work... er poorly defending...

oh really now, okay then I challenge you to provide us with a "good example"... deliver to all of us a unique idea where you are not referencing any existing tv show or game, and don't take an hour to think about it...

I disagree... I think it's weak to just demand something original without at least suggesting something else... how many good quality games have been made about the inner city youth ghetto drug scene?... and no I wouldn't count gta, no lets make another mutated human/zombie/nazi fps... maybe my idea does suck too, but at least it's a try at something that hasn't been beaten to death already...

Hmm, the pendulum only seems to swing one way with you? I count three times where you personally attacked me first... I think you're being a bit overly sensitive...

http://members.cox.net/retarded-popsicle/O_o.gif

Right... Moving on.