PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of EA now?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
08-03-08, 12:00 PM
It seems like EA has really seemed to improve their image in the last year or so, what are your thoughts on them now?

SH64
08-03-08, 12:02 PM
After acquiring Rage's rights , i really cant say anything :|

Roliath
08-03-08, 12:04 PM
I don't have a problem with EA, well I do, Madden. Madden is crap, imo and the 2k series franchise was way better Madden.

God I can't stand Madden, but I play it because its the only NFL game available.

:(

DoomUK
08-03-08, 12:05 PM
I never really understood where the animosity towards EA stemmed from in the first place.

If any developer/publisher ever earned my disapproval, it would be Ubisoft for the SC: DA fiasco.

|MaguS|
08-03-08, 01:25 PM
Never had an issue with them... except when I worked for them. Man that sucked. :p

malachi1313
08-03-08, 01:41 PM
The only probs I had with ea was with the BF2 series. Crappy patches and expansion packs that should of been free.

Eliminator
08-03-08, 02:21 PM
just as bad as before... i used to like EA back in the days of need for speed 2/3

Noriega
08-03-08, 03:38 PM
EA still sucks why? Cause their games cost $10 more than games from others publishers here in Poland.

OldOfEvil
08-03-08, 04:16 PM
It seems like EA has really seemed to improve their image in the last year or so, what are your thoughts on them now?

Ah ha ha ha.. Trying to get me banned with excessive foul language!? jAkUp I see what you did there!

:p

jAkUp
08-03-08, 04:44 PM
Just look at recent and upcoming games; Rage, Orange Box, Crysis, Mass Effect and now Mirror's Edge, all excellent looking games and "high risk" titles, all published by EA. If you read some of the recent EA interview's it seems like they have some new ideas.

NaitoSan
08-03-08, 04:48 PM
I agree with jAkUp on EA. They has been improving, and clearly they have learned their mistakes in the past (especially with Bullfrog, Westwood, etc.).

3DBrad
08-03-08, 04:52 PM
Ubisoft > EA.
:D

id Software makes Rage, they just don't have the resources to publish it, so they went with EA. This was discussed a long time ago (i.e.-id discussed the EA thing a while back).

ClosetFanBoy
08-03-08, 04:52 PM
Never had an issue with them either. Kinda disappointed they drop online support for some of their sports games. Other then that, all good in my book.

Medion
08-03-08, 06:19 PM
My opinions on EA have not changed. They try to absorb a company that has a successful franchise, and once absorbed, force that franchise to churn out yearly updates until the franchise has run its course. Quality for said franchise usually turns downhill.

Sabadin
08-03-08, 06:31 PM
Just look at recent and upcoming games; Rage, Orange Box, Crysis, Mass Effect and now Mirror's Edge, all excellent looking games and "high risk" titles, all published by EA.

Yes, games by iD, Valve, Crytek, and Bioware are totally "high risk" investments :smoking2:

Now Mirror's Edge I can agree with, and looks like I'll be damned glad they took that risk.

Revs
08-03-08, 06:32 PM
I've had very bad experiences buying games off their online shop and their customer support was awful.

malachi1313
08-03-08, 06:46 PM
That reminds me. The crappy charge to re download a game 6 months after you bought it.

Revs
08-03-08, 06:48 PM
That reminds me. The crappy charge to re download a game 6 months after you bought it.

Yeah, WTF is that about?! Like it costs them anything!

jAkUp
08-03-08, 06:48 PM
Yes, games by iD, Valve, Crytek, and Bioware are totally "high risk" investments :smoking2:

Now Mirror's Edge I can agree with, and looks like I'll be damned glad they took that risk.

Many of them are original IP's. Original IP's are always a risk, regardless of developer.

crainger
08-03-08, 07:39 PM

Yeah, the main reason I don't use EA Link anymore. Thankfully the old stuff I bought before they brought that in is and always will be free to redownload. ::D:

Tr1cK
08-03-08, 08:36 PM
Aren't they like the king of console to PC ports too?

jkmetal
08-03-08, 09:04 PM

I truly enjoyed crysis, so yeah, in my eyes, they've improved. Yeah you've still got the madden rash but I could care less because when the company does well projects like dead space get the green light. (can't wait!)

crainger
08-03-08, 09:21 PM
Aren't they like the king of console to PC ports too?

Yep, what's annoying is they often port the PS2 version to PC, not the 360/PS3 version. ::(:

There are exceptions, like Carbon and newer, but I was really annoyed to buy TW2008 only to find it's a crummy port of the PS2 version! I couldn't even get my money back as I bought it off of EA Link. ::(:

Stoneyguy
08-03-08, 10:31 PM
Only thing that really irritates me about EA is their business practice of buying a license exclusivity, like the NFL, for the sole purpose to kill competition. That hasn't changed.

stncttr908
08-03-08, 11:03 PM
Supposedly bringing proper EA Sports titles back to PC next year. We'll see if they can deliver on that promise or not.