PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 hands on preview

Pages : [1] 2

rap1d^
08-04-08, 01:43 PM
Bit-tech hands on preview (http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/08/04/fallout-3-hands-on-preview/1)

Summary

So, in short, be afraid. Lock away your wallets and board up your front doors. Handcuff yourself to the furniture and demolish your hard drives and consoles Fallout 3 is coming and as far as were concerned, its going to be as excellent as we could have ever hoped. When it launches then it will demolish your life, soak up your spare time and tear apart your relationships.

As with other Bethesda games, this will be like World of Warcraft in how addictive and time-consuming it could be. Singleplayer is no longer a safe place to hide Fallout 3 is on its way.

I can't wait :captnkill:

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 04:40 PM
Sounds pretty good. I still have a bit of a bad feeling about it though.

Also, after playing STALKER and Crysis, I think the lighting in this game is going to drive me nuts. More specifically, the lack of lighting. Morrowind, and Oblivion have no scenery shadows and Fallout 3 appears to be the same. Objects are "shaded" on the side opposite the sun, but nothing casts any shadows except people, and the interiors of buildings are brightly lit by the sun as long as they are facing the right way, because the roof doesn't cast a shadow.

Its nitpicky, I know, but Bethesda is probably the only developer making high profile games using graphics technology from 2001.

Destroy
08-04-08, 05:45 PM
I'll probably buy Fallout3, play it for couple of hours then quit and wait for mods fix up and add nice features.

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 05:51 PM
Have there been any interviews that talked about the graphics or the game engine?

nekrosoft13
08-04-08, 06:02 PM
if it plays like Oblivion, i'm not going to even bother. I made a huge mistake buying Oblivion on release date.

This time around will wait

Noriega
08-04-08, 06:04 PM
Come on they wan't to make money on consoles theres no need to make G R E A T games it's all about BIG hype xD

Ninja Prime
08-05-08, 01:59 AM
I've been expecting the worst since this was announced but so far the previews are praising it all around, hope it turns out as good as claimed.

LordJuanlo
08-05-08, 03:05 AM
I really hope it won't turn into another Alone in the Dark fiasco

sMull
08-05-08, 08:31 AM
According to these guys, http://www.canardplus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27815 :

- the game is ugly
- performance is bad even though the game is in the final stage of development
- combat AI sucks
- the world feels empty (even on post-nuclear standards)
- dialogs are more or less "Nice/Mean/Rumors/Bye"
- you can't enter buildings except through the front door (no sneaking through a broen window...)
- VATS is a must on the 360 because the handling is terrible but will be utterly useless with a mouse-keyboard combo
- level-scaling is still alive and kicking
- poor and wooden animation
- weapons are not customizable and there's only one type of ammo for each weapon
- sneaking seems the only alternative to combat. Diplo characters are pretty much screwed.

Not holding my breath for this one, Bethesda are a bunch of tools who can't make a solid game, and Fallout3 won't be different.

|MaguS|
08-05-08, 08:33 AM
And who the hell is he?

Ancient76
08-05-08, 01:53 PM
This is not Fallout, this is joke!

Unstable_Hero
08-05-08, 02:02 PM
level scaling? :headexplode:

Thought they learned there lesson.... :thumbdwn:

Destroy
08-05-08, 02:04 PM

It is perhaps a more mainstream dumbed down Fallout that will please the masses and piss off the hardcore fans?

OldOfEvil
08-05-08, 02:22 PM

+1

I hope this game tanks horribly.

blizzle
08-05-08, 02:44 PM
I will avoid this game at all costs. After Oblivion I won't be buying another Bethesada game.:thumbdwn:

Noriega
08-05-08, 03:19 PM
And who the hell is he?

Gamer that did not spank his mokey when he heard famous title? You belive only what's popular? Like popular gaming magazines? OK then belive politics, pop stars and other stupid people.

|MaguS|
08-05-08, 04:02 PM
Gamer that did not spank his mokey when he heard famous title? You belive only what's popular? Like popular gaming magazines? OK then belive politics, pop stars and other stupid people.

So you would rather believe some random forum poster who probably did not play the game yet since it has been only shown to media outlets at and closed events then the gaming journalists who probably sat down and played the game for a good amount?

Noriega
08-05-08, 05:52 PM
So you would rather believe some random forum poster who probably did not play the game yet since it has been only shown to media outlets at and closed events then the gaming journalists who probably sat down and played the game for a good amount?

The only person I will belive will be myself after playing F03.

|MaguS|
08-05-08, 06:15 PM
The only person I will belive will be myself after playing F03.

So your going to buy it still?

NaitoSan
08-05-08, 06:16 PM
A lot of haters here. Too bad because I AM going to buy it. :D

Ninja Prime
08-05-08, 06:48 PM
According to these guys, http://www.canardplus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27815 :

- the game is ugly
- performance is bad even though the game is in the final stage of development
- combat AI sucks
- the world feels empty (even on post-nuclear standards)
- dialogs are more or less "Nice/Mean/Rumors/Bye"
- you can't enter buildings except through the front door (no sneaking through a broen window...)
- VATS is a must on the 360 because the handling is terrible but will be utterly useless with a mouse-keyboard combo
- level-scaling is still alive and kicking
- poor and wooden animation
- weapons are not customizable and there's only one type of ammo for each weapon
- sneaking seems the only alternative to combat. Diplo characters are pretty much screwed.

Not holding my breath for this one, Bethesda are a bunch of tools who can't make a solid game, and Fallout3 won't be different.

Who listens to the french anyway, didn't they surrender their gaming rights to someone anyway?

CaptNKILL
08-05-08, 07:39 PM
That looks like a complete list of people's fears about this game. I doubt the guy has even played it. He's just trying to crap all over Bethesda's parade, and judging by the responses here, its working.

Ancient76
08-06-08, 12:46 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/24ay7ac.jpg

Definitely Bethesda style :o

That looks like a complete list of people's fears about this game. I doubt the guy has even played it. He's just trying to crap all over Bethesda's parade, and judging by the responses here, its working.

It's enough to see those trailers. You maybe like it? I don't.

OldOfEvil
08-06-08, 02:40 PM
Have there been any interviews that talked about the graphics or the game engine?

Gamebryo Engine, just like Oblivion and Morrowind.

msxyz
08-06-08, 02:46 PM
+1

I hope this game tanks horribly.

Sadly, it won't happen.

If people didn't learn the lesson with Oblivion...