PDA

View Full Version : STALKER need help

Noriega
08-04-08, 05:57 PM
Me and my friend want to play STALKER on lan but he have VIsta 64. When he turn on STALKER theres no menu, only black screen. What to do to make game working or any command like /connect?

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 05:58 PM
When does he get a black screen?

Also, what are his system specs and has the game ever worked on his computer before?

And is he using the latest patch?

Noriega
08-04-08, 06:02 PM
When does he get a black screen?

Also, what are his system specs and has the game ever worked on his computer before?

And is he using the latest patch?

Year ago he was playing on XP. Now he have Vista 64.

PC is.

C2d 3GHz
4GB ddr2
8800 GTS 640

All patches installed.

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 06:03 PM
When does he get the black screen?

Right when running the game from the shortcut?

Noriega
08-04-08, 06:06 PM
When does he get the black screen?

Right when running the game from the shortcut?

In menu theres only black screen and cursor, sound is running.

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 06:12 PM
Hmm...

I'd reinstall the game, install the latest patch and make sure he's using the latest video drivers.

Back up any saved game files if he has them (they're in C:\users\public\public documents\stalker_shoc\savedgames).

Noriega
08-04-08, 06:14 PM
Hmm...

I'd reinstall the game, install the latest patch and make sure he's using the latest video drivers.

Back up any saved game files if he has them (they're in C:\users\public\public documents\stalker_shoc\savedgames).

We tried this, not working.

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 06:45 PM
Latest video drivers too?

methimpikehoses
08-04-08, 07:20 PM
Ugh, there's a fix for this around here somewhere. You need to make a new shortcut and enable something... I think it's in the STaLKER thread but I'll have to look after dinner. I had to do it to get 64 to work.

Unstable_Hero
08-04-08, 08:13 PM
try turning off AA and transparency AA in NVidia control panel.

Noriega
08-04-08, 08:21 PM
try turning off AA and transparency AA in NVidia control panel.

OWNED it works. Fu I didn't know that he have 16Q always on.

Big :* for you guys

CaptNKILL
08-04-08, 08:51 PM
Oh god...

Yeah, even if it worked, STALKER would run pretty bad with 16xQ AA... :lol:

Noriega
08-08-08, 01:16 PM
Ok another question.

I play without mods. Is it possible to buy ammunition to SVD Dragunov somewhere? What good method to get SVD ammo you have?

CaptNKILL
08-08-08, 01:53 PM
I never used the sniper rifles much. The Vintorez is a much more balanced weapon.

I don't think you can buy the ammo anywhere without mods but I'm not 100% sure. Check all of the usual traders... trader, Duty base, Barkeep, Yantar scientist, Freedom base...

MaXThReAT
08-08-08, 02:08 PM
On a side question, I've been stuck with low ammo and suite and cannot go back or go forward without getting slaughtered. I don't want to reload an old save and I really want to finish but I gotta cheat to get past this point, does anyone know where I could find working cheats or mods?

CaptNKILL
08-08-08, 02:17 PM
On a side question, I've been stuck with low ammo and suite and cannot go back or go forward without getting slaughtered. I don't want to reload an old save and I really want to finish but I gotta cheat to get past this point, does anyone know where I could find working cheats or mods?

This is the best site I've found for STALKER mods...

http://stalker.filefront.com/