PDA

View Full Version : EA Done With "Crappy" Licensed Titles

evox
08-05-08, 01:10 PM
John Riccitiello, CEO of Electronic Arts: I think what redeems our industry is quality, and I think we take a step back every time we take a license and exploit it with a crappy game. That’s not what we’re about.

EA likes their original IPs more apparently. :)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/04/ea-vows-to-not-make-crappy-licensed-games/#more-6277

|MaguS|
08-05-08, 01:13 PM
More originality the better!

npras42
08-05-08, 01:46 PM
I want EA to keep hold of their licenses, just don't exploit them and turn them to ****.

I'd love EA put some real effort in, cut down on the number of licenses it holds and make their real top-sellers in to real top-quality titles. Honestly, they should keep Madden NFL, FIFA, NHL and Tiger Woods, make them all in to the best games they can be and then keep on with their own IPs.

Madpistol
08-05-08, 11:38 PM
Don't forget about the Battlefield series... best large scale Multiplayer FPS game IMO, but ever since BF2, they've been mediocre. They really need to ramp things up if they want to keep that series alive.

Badboy_12345
08-06-08, 01:26 AM
*just saw a pig flying by the window*

OMG pigs got wings, we are doomed! They will be our new masters!

evox
08-06-08, 09:12 AM
Don't forget about the Battlefield series... best large scale Multiplayer FPS game IMO, but ever since BF2, they've been mediocre. They really need to ramp things up if they want to keep that series alive.
Maybe in BF3, you can actually HIT people with bullets. BF2's hitbox/detection is probably the worst ever seen in any FPS.

ViN86
08-06-08, 09:28 AM
Maybe in BF3, you can actually HIT people with bullets. BF2's hitbox/detection is probably the worst ever seen in any FPS.

LOL i love how you can make a beautiful game, then just totally **** it with bad hitboxes and hit detection :rofl

evox
08-06-08, 09:51 AM
LOL i love how you can make a beautiful game, then just totally **** it with bad hitboxes and hit detection :rofl

Yeah seriously. If it weren't for mods like AIX or Project Reality, BF2 isn't worth playing. No wonder most people used the no-spread hack, you'd be lucky if you can hit one bullet correctly.