PDA

View Full Version : Alter Ego's Human Face Retargeting Demo

Zeus666
08-08-08, 01:03 PM
Pendulum Studios just opened their facial animation division, Alter Ego.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38046.html

you will not believe your eyes....

Monolyth
08-08-08, 01:21 PM
My eyes are unbelievable.

LordJuanlo
08-08-08, 01:24 PM
Impressive! Is it real time?

CaptNKILL
08-08-08, 01:35 PM
Holy crap! :eek:

That actually looks more realistic than Half-Life 2's facial animations...

Extremely impressive.

Roliath
08-08-08, 01:37 PM
damn that's NICE!!!!!

K007
08-08-08, 03:29 PM
wasn't crysis something like this? But yea that looked amazing...

Zeus666
08-08-08, 04:27 PM
wasn't crysis something like this? But yea that looked amazing...

if you mean this you are right ...

GTImEnx1to8

CaptNKILL
08-08-08, 04:40 PM
That is something! The hair is also very nice.

Wow, yeah I didn't even notice that. The hair looks very realistic.

Hopefully when this stuff is used in a game they'll have more subtle facial animations though. The animation and models are amazing, but it looks like the actors were exaggerating way too much when to tracked those motions. I think that's what makes HL2's facial animations look so lifelike, the expressions actually look real.

Ambrose
08-08-08, 08:41 PM
Wow, yeah I didn't even notice that. The hair looks very realistic.

Hopefully when this stuff is used in a game they'll have more subtle facial animations though. The animation and models are amazing, but it looks like the actors were exaggerating way too much when to tracked those motions. I think that's what makes HL2's facial animations look so lifelike, the expressions actually look real.

Yes, HL2 had great animations for its time. But there is seriously no comparison here. That looked cinema CG quality.

I agree that the next Oblivion game could really take advantage of that. Characters that lifelike would just be out of this world. Unfortunately Bethesda is wasting their time on Fallout which, from recent vids, doesn't look that exciting to me. :(

nutcrackr
08-08-08, 08:57 PM
only thing is crysis is real time, that is not :lol:

CaptNKILL
08-08-08, 09:04 PM
Yes, HL2 had great animations for its time. But there is seriously no comparison here. That looked cinema CG quality.

The animation system looks very powerful, but like I said, they need people to do the acting better. It looked like people making faces, not like emotions. Half-Life 2 and TF2 have much more believable facial animations.

Zeus666
08-09-08, 01:55 PM
The animation system looks very powerful, but like I said, they need people to do the acting better. It looked like people making faces, not like emotions. Half-Life 2 and TF2 have much more believable facial animations.

complain here:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=45e_1218289981

The video show the set up and the actor who animate the scene.. poor guy...

SH64
08-09-08, 02:12 PM
only thing is crysis is real time, that is not :lol:
QFT. therefore Crysis still wins.