PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet Steam $19.99

Pages : [1] 2

WeReWoLf
08-09-08, 10:52 PM
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=6510&cc=US&client=1

crainger
08-10-08, 12:54 AM
Oh 50% off. Devil May Cry is also 19.95.

CaptNKILL
08-10-08, 01:31 AM
I played the demo of this a few weeks ago and I was far from impressed.

I definitely recommend playing the demo before dropping any money on this one.

crainger
08-10-08, 01:32 AM
Series CaptN? I love this game. It's a great arcade shooter. Runs great, looks amazing, bloody hard though. ::(:

methimpikehoses
08-10-08, 01:36 AM
bloody hard though. ::(:

DOC?

NaitoSan
08-10-08, 01:44 AM
It's a great, mindless shooter with some best graphics I've seen. It gets even better later in the game. The demo doesn't show much. $19 is great price. Capcom did a great job with this port, especially on PC. They deserves my money.

CaptNKILL
08-10-08, 01:45 AM
Series CaptN? I love this game. It's a great arcade shooter. Runs great, looks amazing, bloody hard though. ::(:

The demo was really rough around the edges and the gameplay seemed pretty bland.

If the full version is more polished than the demo, then its probably much better (I couldn't adjust any video settings without the game crashing) but the gameplay still felt pretty "meh" to me.

The demo just had bad port written all over it. :o

Sectus
08-10-08, 01:58 AM
Don't buy it! You can get Lost Planet Colonies elsewhere for around 20 dollars and that's a much better purchase since it has a bunch of new features and lots more players online.

NaitoSan
08-10-08, 02:00 AM
Don't buy it! You can get Lost Planet Colonies elsewhere for around 20 dollars and that's a much better purchase since it has a bunch of new features and lots more players online.
Ah, didn't realize Steam version isn't Colonies edition. :o

WeReWoLf
08-10-08, 02:01 AM
Lost Planet is brilliant. The PC version is stunning, It's not as if it was ported over at all. I love this game, finished it about 5 times since i bought it a long time ago.

crainger
08-10-08, 02:11 AM

That's true. I'm surprised they haven't put Colonies up on Steam to replace the old version.

NaitoSan
08-10-08, 02:19 AM
That's true. I'm surprised they haven't put Colonies up on Steam to replace the old version.
I believe Colonies is Game for Windows, so it probably won't be available in Steam.

nutcrackr
08-10-08, 02:35 AM
Actually UaW is GFW with live and its on steam.

According to Capcom they had to go through another process to get it on steam and were too lazy to do it.

crainger
08-10-08, 02:36 AM
Kane and Lynch is another GFW game on Steam.

NaitoSan
08-10-08, 02:55 AM
Ah didn't know that.

K007
08-10-08, 03:22 AM
i played lost planet demo...and i didn't like it..

bob saget
08-10-08, 03:24 AM
The demo was really rough around the edges and the gameplay seemed pretty bland.

If the full version is more polished than the demo, then its probably much better (I couldn't adjust any video settings without the game crashing) but the gameplay still felt pretty "meh" to me.

The demo just had bad port written all over it. :o

i have to agree with this, also tried the demo, and it didnt make a good impression, unlike methim :bleh:

nutcrackr
08-10-08, 04:22 AM
Menu works fine in my Colonies edition, I had the same prob with it crashing. Gameplay is pretty simple and mostly easy. Boss fights are harder, due to instant death and more damage against you. The later levels are very open, and you can get in the various mechs and equip gattling guns, rockets, lasers, grenades or what you prefer. If you didn't like the demo gameplay though, you aren't going to like most of lost planet.

CaptNKILL
08-10-08, 06:31 AM
Menu works fine in my Colonies edition, I had the same prob with it crashing. Gameplay is pretty simple and mostly easy. Boss fights are harder, due to instant death and more damage against you. The later levels are very open, and you can get in the various mechs and equip gattling guns, rockets, lasers, grenades or what you prefer. If you didn't like the demo gameplay though, you aren't going to like most of lost planet.

The action seemed alright, but it didn't seem like there was anything else to it, and I just lose interest in stuff like that.

crainger
08-10-08, 06:50 AM
and that's why you'll never **** a space shuttle CaptN.

CaptNKILL
08-10-08, 07:14 AM
and that's why you'll never **** a space shuttle CaptN.

But...

:(

I...

Ow...

:(

bob saget
08-10-08, 05:39 PM
in the game, do you have to mate with one of the bugs?

Nitz Walsh
08-10-08, 07:12 PM
Oh 50% off. Devil May Cry is also 19.95.

Devil May Cry 3, though. Bloody Capcom Japan - don't release DMC4 on Steam or Direct2Drive, the two biggest digital distribution methods in NA - then bitch about poor retail sales.

Idiots.

crainger
08-10-08, 09:48 PM
Is it only 3?! ::(:

I was too excited.

nutcrackr
08-11-08, 02:37 AM
I asked somebody about DMC 4 and he said that the Devil didn't cry in it at all.