View Full Version : a few questions...
05-14-03, 03:27 AM
1. is the Pentium itanium 800mhz gonna be faster than the 3.0ghz that are out now?
2. which cpu is better for games? p4 3.0? or amd 3000xp+?
3. what the hell does gpu stand for?
4. what ati video cards are faster than a geforce4 ti 4200?
1) Intel Itanium processor is a flop, and P4 3.0ghz is much faster than it. If you want Intel 64bit CPU's, their is a new one expected by the end of this year to compete with AMD's Athlon64 and Opteron.
2) Difficult to say, people have different opinions on this. I generally favor AMD though.
3) GPU stands for Graphical Processing Unit. In otherwords the actual video chip on your board. For example, despite that there are many different manufacturers of GF4 TI4200 boards they all use the same GPU, the GF4TI4200 GPU.
4) Many cards are faster than GF4TI4200, but the ones currently available include but not limited too: GF4 TI4400, GF4 TI4600, GF4 TI4800, GFFX 5800, GFFX 5900, Radeon 9500, Radeon 9600, Radeon 9700, Radeon 9800.
Originally posted by Matthius
2. which cpu is better for games? p4 3.0? or amd 3000xp+? The Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (800MHz system bus) is currently the fastest processor available.
05-14-03, 07:46 AM
thanks heaps...now that i think about it, i already new all of those. exept for the last question. but i realized that the ti4600 - 4800's are faster and the question asked about ati cards..larf. are gf4 ti4800 better or worse than the gffx 5800?
5800 is faster than a TI4800 overall, although a TI4600 can outperform 5800 is a couple of DX8 programs
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.