PDA

View Full Version : Official Nvidia 177.83 WHQL drivers with PhysX System Software v8.08.01 released

Pages : [1] 2 3

DSC
08-12-08, 08:42 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/index.html

PhysX Pack released also. You must install the 177.83 drivers, they come with PhysX System Software v8.08.01 also, before trying out the PhysX games & demos. Driver only supports Geforce 8/9/200 series, checked from the inf.

English Driver
http://nzone.download.nvidia.com/akdlm/dlm/177.83_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe

http://nzone.download.nvidia.com/akdlm/dlm/177.83_geforce_winxp_64bit_english_whql.exe

International Driver
http://nzone.download.nvidia.com/akdlm/dlm/177.83_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe

http://nzone.download.nvidia.com/akdlm/dlm/177.83_geforce_winxp_64bit_international_whql.exe

andrebrait
08-12-08, 09:58 AM
=D
Thanks a lot

zampe
08-12-08, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the Information
downloading whole Power Pack (2740MB)

nrdstrm
08-12-08, 11:08 AM
If someone can try it with an 8800GTX that woud be sweet..I'm interested to see how it does with Cuda...If not, I'll try it when I get home (just got to work)...

Mr_Maniac
08-12-08, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone...

I've also downloaded this "Power Pack" and I have a very strange Problem.

PhysX-Acceleration seems to work only two times after reboot (at least in the Particle Fluid Demo). After launching it two times, it only runs in SW mode and I can't switch to HW mode again.

I'm using Windows XP x64 and my NVidia PhysX Control Panel looks like this (like it doesn't find my Card):

Sorry, I have the german drivers.

My Video-Card is a EVGA 9800 GTX KO

lightman
08-12-08, 03:04 PM
I'm using Windows XP x64 and my NVidia PhysX Control Panel looks like this (like it doesn't find my Card):

It does find your card. The screenshots you posted are normal. The first one will always tell you there is no card, simply because it refers to the Ageia card. The second one, on the other hand, shows you that your GeForce is recognized as a usable PhysX card (and it is indeed used, as it's proved by the fact that the demo runs, albeit only two times after each reboot [which is really strange, by the way, it works flawlessly here with my 8800GT, even after several relaunches])...

gravioli
08-12-08, 03:34 PM
The Nvidia logo fluid demo is really cool. :D

With my setup, I found all the PhysX demos seem smoother by dedicating one 9600GT to graphics and the other to PhysX vs. running SLI. This is really noticeable to me in the fluid demo. Here's a couple benchmarks at 1280x1024 (my native LCD resolution :():

Nurien Demo

9600GT + 9600GT PhysX
Avg 40.026
Min 30.767
Max 58.200

2x 9600GT SLI
Avg 38.151
Min 28.771
Max 64.879

Single 9600GT
Avg 36.814
Min 24.155
Max 57.431

MKZ Benchmark

9600GT + 9600GT PhysX
Avg 65
Min 35
Max 78

2x 9600GT SLI
Avg 64
Min 25
Max 81

Single 9600GT
WNR. Benchmark kept crashing.

Edit: Added single 9600GT numbers.

Arturia
08-12-08, 04:43 PM
Downloading, I'll see if G80's are finally working or not soon.

Edit: So far it seems to be behaving itself alright, its not giving me OpenGL errors anymore, like it used to when i had a GTX280 and a G80 in my system, PhysX doesn't detect it, however. I'm going to reinstall the drivers with both cards in my system and see how it goes.

Edit2: G80's are supported, just stick it in, reinstall 177.83 drivers, and go to the PhysX control panel and it should detect it.

buicks suck
08-12-08, 05:52 PM
can someone point me to a list of all the physx apps released since 2006?

SH64
08-12-08, 06:02 PM
can someone point me to a list of all the physx apps released since 2006?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Mike89
08-12-08, 06:40 PM
So why don't they make this driver available by itself? I'd like to know how good the driver is without all that other stuff that I don't want. To me right now that physx thing is nothing but a useless toy and I just don't want it on my computer unless I needed it to be there. My system is not going to be a test bed for Nvidia. Gimme the driver to try and forget all that other crap. Dunno what Nvidia thinks sometimes focusing on something like this instead of just getting the basic drivers right (which they haven't even done yet).

Single Player
08-12-08, 07:05 PM
drivers works pretty good. didn't do any benchmarks.. WIC runs fine +2 fps hahaha! :D i think it's good. That's all

Mike89
08-12-08, 07:16 PM
If they bring it out WHQL without the physx drivers in it, I'll try it.

Arturia
08-12-08, 08:25 PM
To me right now that physx thing is nothing but a useless toy

Too bad PhysX is incredibly useful and allows most of us to use our old video cards in our computer in addition to our newer video cards.

Mike89
08-12-08, 08:50 PM
Useful for what exactly? What, two games (which I don't have or want) and some demos to watch? From what I understand in these two games, the effects are more of a gimmick than anything else at this point and the performance suffers quite a bit. If that's what you want and call that useful, so be it. At this time it's not useful to me (as neither is DX 10 at this point and look how long that's been now). I imagine at some point it will be but for now I'll wait until I can actually use it and it's optimized for primetime. I'd rather have really good drivers that optimized my hardware more.

No problem, my point of view is only my own and it's the only one I need for this computer.

SLippe
08-12-08, 08:54 PM
Yeah, overall I could live without PhysX. Not that big of a deal to me.

josiahsuarez
08-12-08, 09:53 PM
"The Great Kulu" was pretty neat. but it's just a neat tech demo, at best it's a taste of what's to come. their needs to be some kind of universal physics API like DirectPhysics or something. of course it would be too much to expect that to be in DX11. maybe for DX12 or DX13 ms can begin to start considering to think about preliminary work on a future physics API maybe.

badboy64
08-12-08, 10:23 PM
UT3 Physic map heatwave hangs on loading. It just sits there with the splash screen all of the time for over 15 minutes and isn't loading the game at all. It will load a normal maps but not any Physic maps. I got all of the patches for the game and this is a clean from last night. I am using a 8800GT as the Geforce PhysX.

kazna
08-12-08, 10:29 PM
Yes, right now its a checklist feature. There are a handful of neat tech demos to showcase it, thats it. However, all technologies start out this way. PhysX support is a factor when picking a graphics card for the next two years (not your average nVnews memeber) where we have the potential to see a number of actual games use it to improve gameplay.

PhysX is significant, just not in the short term.

trivium nate
08-12-08, 10:40 PM
so does anyone notice any differances?

Renzo
08-13-08, 08:24 AM
Useful for what exactly? What, two games (which I don't have or want) and some demos to watch? From what I understand in these two games, the effects are more of a gimmick than anything else at this point and the performance suffers quite a bit. If that's what you want and call that useful, so be it. At this time it's not useful to me (as neither is DX 10 at this point and look how long that's been now). I imagine at some point it will be but for now I'll wait until I can actually use it and it's optimized for primetime. I'd rather have really good drivers that optimized my hardware more.

No problem, my point of view is only my own and it's the only one I need for this computer.
Download the driver only from the links above (this one for example (http://nzone.download.nvidia.com/akdlm/dlm/177.83_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe)), extract it's contents with WinRAR or equivalent and update the driver through device manager.

You don't have to run setup.exe. You don't have to run the physx setup.exe either. This driver does not require physx to be installed.

It really isn't that hard, is it?

kaptkarl
08-13-08, 08:34 AM
I downloaded this driver and everything works just fine except.......when I try to open one of the physX demo's it tells me I have directX 9.0 installed and it needs 9.0c. But I do have directX 9.0c installed.

Anyone have this same problem?

Kapt

nekrosoft13
08-13-08, 08:37 AM
So why don't they make this driver available by itself? I'd like to know how good the driver is without all that other stuff that I don't want. To me right now that physx thing is nothing but a useless toy and I just don't want it on my computer unless I needed it to be there.

But you do need it there, pretty much every game that uses physx for physics will not run if you don't have it installed.

There is no way around it.

Even ATI card owners have to install physx to play some games. Just in there case software physics are used.

nekrosoft13
08-13-08, 08:39 AM
I downloaded this driver and everything works just fine except.......when I try to open one of the physX demo's it tells me I have directX 9.0 installed and it needs 9.0c. But I do have directX 9.0c installed.

Anyone have this same problem?

Kapt

my friend got that on his computer also running xp sp2, he had to install the latest directx runtimes to get it working.

try installing the new august 2008 runtimes.

kaptkarl
08-13-08, 08:53 AM
my friend got that on his computer also running xp sp2, he had to install the latest directx runtimes to get it working.

try installing the new august 2008 runtimes.

Thanks! Works perfectly now.:D

Kapt