PDA

View Full Version : Still no DVI fix for monitors?

dave136
08-16-08, 09:24 AM
Hi, I have read that there is still no way to fix the issue of DVI outputs not working on Nvidia cards. I have a 9800GTX and still have to use a VGA cable...

I just installed the 177.79 driver set and still no difference.

Thanks, Dave

Arturia
08-16-08, 06:49 PM
Hi, I have read that there is still no way to fix the issue of DVI outputs not working on Nvidia cards. I have a 9800GTX and still have to use a VGA cable...

I just installed the 177.79 driver set and still no difference.

Thanks, Dave

Are you saying that you're unable to connect your videocard to your monitor with a DVI cable?

DJB
08-17-08, 11:32 PM
Under what OS?
Failure of DVI would be a hardware issue, not a software issue. Have you RMAed your card?
Does the DVI input on the monitor work with anything card?

DJB

hemmy
08-18-08, 11:39 AM
I have never heard of this, every card I have owned its DVI port(s) worked

dave136
08-21-08, 04:05 PM
Hi, Sorry I haven't replied sooner. What's RMAed? I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit... It was working for about a week and then one day I turned my PC on and now it defualts to using the S-video output as the main monitor and when I try to select the DVI output for the monitor is doesnt detect the screen unless I unplug it and plug back in... then I only get 1024 x 768 res for the 24" monitor I have.

If I uninstall the Nvidia drivers and boot with no drivers using DVI it works, but when I reinstall it doesnt.

It seems there is quite a bit if you search on yahoo but I cant find any answers...
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A1f4cfja161IrHwAm9VLBQx.?p=nvidia+dvi+ bug&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Thanks, Dave

DJB
08-21-08, 04:20 PM
RMAed means returned. An "RMA" is a return merchandize authorization which you would get from your card manufacturer. They would then send you a new card; hopefully with working DVI.

DJB

-=DVS=-
08-21-08, 09:43 PM
Hi, Sorry I haven't replied sooner. What's RMAed? I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit... It was working for about a week and then one day I turned my PC on and now it defualts to using the S-video output as the main monitor and when I try to select the DVI output for the monitor is doesnt detect the screen unless I unplug it and plug back in... then I only get 1024 x 768 res for the 24" monitor I have.

If I uninstall the Nvidia drivers and boot with no drivers using DVI it works, but when I reinstall it doesnt.

It seems there is quite a bit if you search on yahoo but I cant find any answers...
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A1f4cfja161IrHwAm9VLBQx.?p=nvidia+dvi+ bug&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Thanks, Dave

All of them are different problems and unrelated to yours.

SLippe
08-21-08, 10:09 PM
Are you using two monitors or just one?

mojoman0
08-22-08, 12:52 AM
I have that problem while using two. DVI works on my main but I have to use analog for my second. What gives?

dave136
08-22-08, 01:55 AM
I'm using one 24" PC monitor with DVI and then I also have my TV plugged into the S-video. It seems software related if it works with no nvidia drivers, but obviously I get no card acceleration etc.

Misfire
08-22-08, 12:46 PM
I'm using one 24" PC monitor with DVI and then I also have my TV plugged into the S-video. It seems software related if it works with no nvidia drivers, but obviously I get no card acceleration etc.

did u try setting up ur displays in nvidia control panel?

dave136
08-23-08, 04:29 AM
Yes, I have tried that - the panel only gives me the option for 1024 x 768 on my 24" monitor.

did u try setting up ur displays in nvidia control panel?

dxx
08-23-08, 04:39 AM
Edit: Oh, nm, already done a step that covers that.

mojoman0
08-25-08, 10:09 PM
seems like the latest driver fixed the issue for me. Now working on dual DVI