PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 New Pc Movie!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Nutty
05-14-03, 12:40 PM
http://www.reddeth.com/trav/doom_3-e32003-full_video-hires.zip

32Meg.. apparently this one is even better than the xbox one.. still downloading so I cant verify..

jAkUp
05-14-03, 12:50 PM
dammit im at school again!!!! let me know how it is when you download it...

volt
05-14-03, 01:04 PM
This has GOT TO BE the BEST Doom 3 trailer I have seen.
Thanks for the link Nutty

vampireuk
05-14-03, 01:14 PM
:eek: damn thats one hell of a clip!:D

Riptide
05-14-03, 01:32 PM
Maybe I'm a freak or something but I don't think Doom III is the holy grail of all gaming forever like everyone else does.

I'd rather fight skarjj. Or sneak around and pop people in the back of the head (ala splinter cell). Fighting demons and crap just doesn't appeal to me.

Should I be shot for having this opinion? ;)

St Lobus
05-14-03, 02:14 PM
Shot? No, but you will be looked down on. :)

I'm actually in the same boat as you, though. Doom 3 looks pretty, but I'm not gonna be one to rush out for it. I'm a big fan of the new Unreal engine and I'm really excited to see what they can do with it next year. More games like Raven Shield and Splinter Cell with the engine modded like Deus Ex 2 would seem like heaven...except for the whole killing people part :D

EDIT: That Doom 3 video is pretty cool, though.

StealthHawk
05-14-03, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
http://www.reddeth.com/trav/doom_3-e32003-full_video-hires.zip

32Meg.. apparently this one is even better than the xbox one.. still downloading so I cant verify..

Heh, a game on PC being better than a console. Imagine that :angel:

Even PC demo movies are better than console ones :p

Matthyahuw
05-14-03, 02:48 PM
I'm looking forward to the games being made with the Doom3 engine, not Doom 3 itself...id has never made a good FPS IMO...

Nutty
05-14-03, 03:40 PM
Rumours are the supposedly xbox doom3 movie, was actually footage from a pc. As it looked pretty much identical to the pc version movie. Just with some of the alpha bits and few other bits n bobs removed, and an xbox logo slapped on the end.

Pafet
05-14-03, 03:45 PM
COOL!

nin_fragile14
05-14-03, 04:09 PM
Best graphics ever. The chainsaw part looks pre-rendered.

vampireuk
05-14-03, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Best graphics ever. The chainsaw part looks pre-rendered.

I'm not too sure, my ATI system probably can't play that video as well as the 5900 would.....

Edit: Mr Flibble has not been too happy about the performance of Doom3 on his machine, and well we know what happens when Mr Flibble gets annoyed. Those poor hell beasts:D

http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flibblekill.jpg

St Lobus
05-14-03, 04:57 PM
Now that's funny. A muppet with an attitude.

Nutty
05-14-03, 05:48 PM
The chainsaw part looks pre-rendered.

Noway man! Its all realtime. Scripted, most probably. Pre-rendered, definitly not!!

MrNasty
05-15-03, 12:42 AM
HL2 > doom3

Doom3 well I just don't know what to say.

Wheres the innovation ?

Nice graphics tho.

SilentSnipeR
05-15-03, 07:06 AM
there is no pre rendered scenes in Doom3. They are all realtime.

intercede007
05-15-03, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by MrNasty
HL2 > doom3

Doom3 well I just don't know what to say.

Wheres the innovation ?

Nice graphics tho.

Where's the innovation?

By that comment, where is the innovation in HL2? I don't know about you, but after having D3 hung over my head for well over a year, HL2 just doesn't blow up my skirt. It's amazing yeah, but not jaw-dropping like the teaser shots of D3 from soo long ago. I'm just not stunned anymore. D3 blew me away, Halo 2 got my heart racing, and HL2 is just sort of...there. id got the the jump-start on the shock factor when it had screenshots over a year ago.

Besides...I don't see any A-list sound men working on HL2 (*ahem Trent Reznor *cough*) :D

GlowStick
05-15-03, 12:13 PM
dead : (

if anyone has uploaded it u can email me at glowstick@insightbb.com : P please!

nin_fragile14
05-15-03, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
Noway man! Its all realtime. Scripted, most probably. Pre-rendered, definitly not!!

Ah whoops, I didn't mean I thought it was pre-rendered, just that it looked so damn awesome, that it looked pre-rendered. Very impressive.

jAkUp
05-15-03, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by intercede007
Where's the innovation?

By that comment, where is the innovation in HL2? I don't know about you, but after having D3 hung over my head for well over a year, HL2 just doesn't blow up my skirt. It's amazing yeah, but not jaw-dropping like the teaser shots of D3 from soo long ago. I'm just not stunned anymore. D3 blew me away, Halo 2 got my heart racing, and HL2 is just sort of...there. id got the the jump-start on the shock factor when it had screenshots over a year ago.

Besides...I don't see any A-list sound men working on HL2 (*ahem Trent Reznor *cough*) :D

well then i urge you to download this half life2 movie... (the first one listed) completely blew me away. most amazing ai and physics i have EVER seen in a game. ever. looks like a movie... but he's actually playing:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11817

Grrrpoop
05-15-03, 03:48 PM
this new D3 movie is very very impressive!

managed to get it off kazaa :D not mny ppl had it tho (or at least, not many sharing)

if you want I could u/l it to my personal webspace for a few days if ppl are having trouble getting hold of it - hosted on Nildram, usually pretty fast d/l's, around 30kb/sec when a m8 got some stuff off there. Lemme know :)

Alternatively try looking for it on kazaa with the search string "doom3 e3" - probably end up d/l off me direct ;)

I wasn't too interested in Doom3 but this has gotten me more enthusiastic BUT HL2 is more impressive simply because of the large outdoor arenas and mass destruction :D I love mass destruction :firedevil

HL2 also features vehicles now, or at least an armoured dune buggy, that vid was cool :D

I think HL2 will be more suitable for multiplayer games. AFAIK iD are now tailoring their titles like Epic - DoomX is singleplayer and QuakeX is multiplayer, much like U2/UT2k3.

Doom3 will be cool tho, but it seems to be a departure from the traditional doom series.. no more rooms full of Fire Imps :( Engine mustn't be suited to large numbers of characters onscreen. HL2 doesn't seem to have that problem judging from the demos :)

GlowStick
05-15-03, 03:58 PM
yea the AI and scripted sceens and cool physics engines are cooler than the shadows, in a fewyears, we will have both though!

|JuiceZ|
05-15-03, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Grrrpoop
Doom3 will be cool tho, but it seems to be a departure from the traditional doom series.. no more rooms full of Fire Imps

considering our machines would probably kell over and die with complexity of that engine, I can clearly see why.

Grrrpoop
05-15-03, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
considering our machines would probably kell over and die with complexity of that engine, I can clearly see why.
That could be part of the game, a danger element - empty the room of Imps b4 the strain causes your PC to over-heat and melt thru the floor :D

I'm interested to see what features the Quake4 engine will have, since that must handle ~25+ ppl to be viable for online multiplayer gaming.

HL2 looks pretty damn sweet, and the demo's show quite a few characters all moving around and reacting in real-time.. I can see the HL2 engine being licensed more successfully than the D3 engine tbh.. seems more suited to multiplayer already.

|JuiceZ|
05-15-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Grrrpoop
HL2 looks pretty damn sweet, and the demo's show quite a few characters all moving around and reacting in real-time.. I can see the HL2 engine being licensed more successfully than the D3 engine tbh.. seems more suited to multiplayer already.

definitely, just look at the success of the HL1 engine in previous yrs, same goes for the unreal engine. Online gaming will continue to be the life of the fps genre for yrs to come.