PDA

View Full Version : FUEL announced

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

nekrosoft13
08-20-08, 12:05 AM
Codemasters today announced it will publish French-developed racing game Fuel, previously known as Grand Raid Offroad. The game is currently in development at Bordeaux based developer Asobo Studios (The Mummy, Ratatouille and Wall-E makers) and will be released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 next year. They claims to have the largest environment ever created in a race game, with over 5,000 square miles of simulated space. According to its creators, Fuel is set in an "alternate present" where much of the globe has been devastated by the effects of climate change and environmental abuse. Races involve a competition for oil in rally-style cars reminiscent of the Mad Max film series.

HD trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38527.html

CaptNKILL
08-20-08, 12:21 AM
Sounds interesting.

Though I'm not quite sure what the gameplay could possibly consist of if its just hundreds of miles of wide open terrain that you freely drive around.

methimpikehoses
08-20-08, 12:30 AM
I liked DiRT, I like GRiD. Codemasters games are always worth a look IMO.

Lfctony
08-20-08, 12:34 AM
Based on their game history, I won't be holding my breath over this one...

MaXThReAT
08-20-08, 01:06 AM
I think it sounds interesting. Probably kind of like a Mad Max NFS underground type of game. Shadows don't look very good right now. It also kind of sounds like Rage.

Single Player
08-20-08, 01:14 AM
ohh come oN!!!!! WTH is this!! Make another DiRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nekrosoft13
08-20-08, 06:14 AM
did everyone just read the first 3 words?

Codemasters are not making this game, they are just publishing it

nutcrackr
08-20-08, 06:19 AM
Well if this isn't DIRT/GRID sequel, what is?

crainger
08-20-08, 08:48 AM
Codemasters today announced

OMG!

Richteralan
08-20-08, 09:22 AM
OMG!

ROFL

CaptNKILL
08-20-08, 10:15 AM
:rofl

Monolyth
08-20-08, 10:32 AM
Shouldn't it be called like FeUL or FUeL? You know to keep with the whole lower-case vowel deal.

nekrosoft13
08-20-08, 10:56 AM
FueL?

Quick420
08-20-08, 12:06 PM
Looks sweet bring it on :captnkill: I still love playing Dirt and Grid nightly:)

Destroy
01-16-09, 06:39 PM
New video out. (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/44024/Fuel-Screenshots-Trailer) This game might be seriously badass.

Huge open world. Many different vehicles. A dirt racers dream if all is done well.

CaptNKILL
01-16-09, 07:58 PM
I'm still not sure what the gameplay will be like but it definitely looks cool.

Bearclaw
01-16-09, 08:08 PM
Eh, not that big into racing games.

Blade
01-17-09, 05:28 AM
Another Codemasters arcade crap racer... boring.
I wonder what they'll do with the F1 license. Hopefully not something like GRID :o

your opinion of course, hewever i like Grid & am looking forward to Fuel too, this engine is the one being used for Flashpoint 2, if that game looks as good as this i'll be in heaven.

Destroy
01-17-09, 09:43 AM
Another Codemasters arcade crap racer... boring.
I wonder what they'll do with the F1 license. Hopefully not something like GRID :o

I'm praying they put in some sort of sim'ish car handling and physics but according to history, I'm sure it will be mostly crap too.

methimpikehoses
01-17-09, 09:53 AM
Heh, I thought GRID and DIRT were tons of fun... bring on another!

/haters :D

methimpikehoses
01-17-09, 10:50 AM
Those games are fun but for like 1 week or so... They aren't as motivating as a racing sim.

I disagree, I still play both of them every once in a while. They're arcade racers, they look great, and they offer a good variety of tracks and cars.

That's all I want from a racer. ;)

NarcissistZero
01-17-09, 11:03 AM
Those games are fun but for like 1 week or so... They aren't as motivating as a racing sim for sim fans.

Ahem...

Destroy
01-17-09, 12:26 PM
I remember the good old days when games offered both sim and arcade modes. :(

Burnt_Ram
01-19-09, 09:24 AM
I'm still not sure what the gameplay will be like but it definitely looks cool. agreed. looks good, but it won't be any *good* unless gameplay and physics are up to par ...

Bman212121
01-19-09, 11:11 AM
Sounds interesting.

Though I'm not quite sure what the gameplay could possibly consist of if its just hundreds of miles of wide open terrain that you freely drive around.

Well a good example of a game out now would be TDU. It has thousands of miles of roads to travel. If you're playing by yourself it can get old, but if you have some friends cruising around with you, there are plenty of ways to keep yourself entertained. The next closest thing would be GTA: SA.

I honestly didn't like Grid or Dirt, so as long as codemasters doesn't have anything to do with the handling or graphics, then maybe I'll like it. Not really getting my hopes up about it though.

The main things that could make or break a game like this for me are:

-Lan play
-Ability to get out of your vehicle
-graphics -- From the video it looks like the textures don't stand out well, making it hard to see where you are going

If you could run your own dedicated server where you could set up jumps / tracks so there is some racing and places to mess around, it could be a lot of fun. Especially if you could go in and tweak the handling of your vehicles, and make them really fast. :D