PDA

View Full Version : Problem with GFX Card (Drivers)

Trav
05-14-03, 07:10 PM
I have recently bought a laptop and it has a

Gforce 4 440 Go! 64mb

its realy annoying me all the other spec on my laptop is top notch cant be beaten, but i cant play any game on opengl! im guessing i need drivers but can any of you tell me which ones i need and can u give me a link to download these drivers?

Thanks alot very much,

Trav :afro:

Greg
05-15-03, 08:31 AM
Unfortunately the regular reference driver most likely won't work. You will need to go to your manufacturers web site and download the latest they provide... not always up to date.

saturnotaku
05-15-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Greg
Unfortunately the regular reference driver most likely won't work. You will need to go to your manufacturers web site and download the latest they provide... not always up to date.

As long as the native resolution of the laptop is not 1400x1050, the standard NVIDIA reference drivers will work. Download the drivers and extract the executable to a folder (using Winzip or WinRAR). Go into device manager, select the video card, update driver. Point the install wizard to the folder location of the drivers and the .inf file contained therein.

You have a GeForce4 440 Go, so in the list of available hardware select "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440." The wizard will b1tch at you for saying this hardware isn't supported, ignore it and continue with installation. Once it finishes, reboot and you should be good to go.

Again, this process only works if your laptop does not run at a native resolution of 1400x1050 because the standard NVIDIA drivers do not support this.