PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 PC Screenshots

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jAkUp
08-20-08, 01:39 PM
http://games.tiscali.cz/reviews/gtaivpcgc/index.asp

a rough Google translation can help English speakers czech out the new info, which includes support for resolutions up to 2560x1600, higher-resolution textures than the console versions, longer view distances, and movie-creation capabilities that include a TiVo-like ability to capture gameplay from up to 30 seconds prior to initiating a recording.

also

Some further info: many textures re-made and of a higher quality; in-game settings allow 2560x1600 resolution; draw distance has been greatly improved; world streams faster off PC hard drives, reducing pop-in; new animations; more game mode filters and settings; new multiplayer modes to be announced at a later date.

CaptNKILL
08-20-08, 01:42 PM
Is it just the two screenshots on that page? I see a gallery but it looks like its for all versions.

EDIT: Nevermind, some of the pics didn't load until I refreshed the page.

Some look better than others but the graphics are still pretty nasty.

ATi
08-20-08, 01:57 PM
cool looks better than the xbox360 great some AA in gta4!

wysiwyg
08-20-08, 02:01 PM
plasticine world

jAkUp
08-20-08, 02:19 PM
Some more info:

Some further info: many textures re-made and of a higher quality; in-game settings allow 2560x1600 resolution; draw distance has been greatly improved; world streams faster off PC hard drives, reducing pop-in; new animations; more game mode filters and settings; new multiplayer modes to be announced at a later date.

jeffmd
08-20-08, 03:01 PM
In almost all instances I can say things like "ive seen better character models" or "ive seen better car models", but never in one game.. and never in such a free roaming and free standing city world like this. I am totaly stoked to try this game (dont own an up to date console) and I think it looks great.

saturnotaku
08-20-08, 03:20 PM
Hope the controls are good and it has 360 pad support out of the box. I didn't like this game on the PS3, but would be willing to give it a shot on PC.

LordJuanlo
08-20-08, 05:20 PM
Great news the higher quality textures. Proper GTA4 at last

J-Mag
08-20-08, 05:46 PM
I didn't like this game on the PS3, but would be willing to give it a shot on PC.

Why, because of the PS3's controller?

Igor Vitaly
08-20-08, 05:55 PM

I think he refers to the framerate, like when you s-s-s-s-h-o-o-o-t...

crainger
08-20-08, 06:05 PM
No framerate issues here on my PS3. Only issue I had on my PS3 was that it worked, unlike my 360. ::(:

Igor Vitaly
08-20-08, 06:08 PM
No framerate issues here on my PS3. Only issue I had on my PS3 was that it worked, unlike my 360. ::(:

Dude... you bought the same game for both consoles? Anyways I wish I would find 10-20fps smooth :(

ATi
08-20-08, 06:13 PM
Dude... you bought the same game for both consoles? Anyways I wish I would find 10-20fps smooth :(

yeah my 360 slows down on it!

crainger
08-20-08, 06:17 PM

No, the DVD drive in my 360 is on it's way downhill. Every game I have is getting random disc read errors, well all except GHIII, mainly because it doesn't have to read much. It's safe to say GTAIV would suffer errors, so I just got the PS3 version. Which worked out well despite the reports of it bricking systems. Only annoying thing is the PS3s squishy triggers, and lack of rumble unless you have a DS3.

Igor Vitaly
08-20-08, 06:20 PM
No, the DVD drive in my 360 is on it's way downhill. Every game I have is getting random disc read errors, well all except GHIII, mainly because it doesn't have to read much. It's safe to say GTAIV would suffer errors, so I just got the PS3 version. Which worked out well despite the reports of it bricking systems. Only annoying thing is the PS3s squishy triggers, and lack of rumble unless you have a DS3.

Its alright, and check out that xbox360 install-to-HDD option if its out.

crainger
08-20-08, 06:31 PM
Its alright, and check out that xbox360 install-to-HDD option if its out.

I will, will at least let me play my current library. I'm too lazy to have it fixed, all the 360 does now these days is play HD-DVDs, GHIII and Scene It.

NarcissistZero
08-20-08, 08:13 PM
Those pics look exactly the same as the press pics of the 360 and PS3 versions... or at least, I don't see a huge difference.

I will gladly enjoy the high resolutions and extra AA, but I see nothing there I would call a true visuals upgrade.

|MaguS|
08-20-08, 08:51 PM
Those pics look exactly the same as the press pics of the 360 and PS3 versions... or at least, I don't see a huge difference.

I will gladly enjoy the high resolutions and extra AA, but I see nothing there I would call a true visuals upgrade.

Yeah Im not seeing too much of a difference other then running at a higher resolution and with higher AA, but textures look identical to me...

saturnotaku
08-20-08, 09:35 PM
I think he refers to the framerate, like when you s-s-s-s-h-o-o-o-t...

The framerate was perfectly fine. Damn, you PC fangirls don't know when to quit, don't you.

J-Mag wins a cookie. The controller was actually halfway decent for driving and moving, but for combat it sucked nutter. Hand-to-hand was the worst.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-20-08, 09:42 PM
I see a difference

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/114/reviews/933037_20080424_screen016.jpg

PC
Nice and sharp. The resolution is fair. The distance is better and the buildings no longer look pixelated from afar. Graphics no longer appear to be air brushed. Hardly any jagged edges as previously seen from the console versions. The game looks easy on the eyes now. No more nausea (nana2)

And finally, the game is sure to be free from the dreadful shadow quality.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/232/952150_20080820_screen001.jpg

ClosetFanBoy
08-20-08, 09:49 PM
Slight difference I guess. Still, nothing to write home about and certainly wouldnt warrant me to buy it for the PC. Simply because I didnt care for the game after awhile.

Yay for the non console guys tho. :p

NarcissistZero
08-20-08, 10:18 PM
Yeah, as much as I like my high resolutions, when I buy a game first on console, it takes more than that for me to go PC.

Igor Vitaly
08-21-08, 05:31 AM
Yeah Im not seeing too much of a difference other then running at a higher resolution and with higher AA, but textures look identical to me (|MaguS|)...

Igor whants to point out some things.

Igor Vitaly
08-21-08, 05:33 AM
The framerate was perfectly fine. Damn, you PC fangirls don't know when to quit, don't you.

Awww let me blow on your 'bobo' to take that pain away, the truth hurts dont it? :captnkill:

Igor Vitaly
08-21-08, 05:34 AM
Yeah, as much as I like my high resolutions, when I buy a game first on console, it takes more than that for me to go PC.

30-60fps should be a perfectly valid reason apart from the other obvious uppgrades.