PDA

View Full Version : Vista 64bit and jerky shutdown

shaker718
08-20-08, 02:46 PM
I have two computers at home, the system in my sig which runs vista 64bit and my laptop which has Vista 32bit.

Now on my laptop when I hit the shutdown button, very smoothly the desktop fades out and the shutdown screen fades in. On the other hand my 64bit computer, when the shutdown button is pressed, the desktop begins to fade smoothly and then the screen flashes the shutdown screen followed by my desktop background with no icons or taskbar then it flashes again and the shutdown screen returns and only then does it finally it fade out smoothly.

There are no errors on shutdown presented, so I wonder why my shutdown visuals, on a much faster computer with much more ram etc, aren't as smooth as on my laptop? Is it a video card settings problem, and if so how can I fix it?

Thanks for the help!

npras42
08-20-08, 04:54 PM
I don't think this is anything to be concerned about. Its probably just to do with differences in the way drivers and services are being shutdown before powering off between the 2 machines.

If you're really bothered by it, maybe you could try looking in services.msc (type it in Start) and seeing if there is anything abnormal running there that might slow down performance.

Maybe someone else will know if this is a known issue or something that can be fixed easily.