View Full Version : Never using UPS again

Pages : [1] 2

DeusGear
08-21-08, 04:44 PM
Sharp aquos 37" 1080p, rip.
http://i38.tinypic.com/b8moe9.jpg

einstein_314
08-21-08, 04:56 PM
Wow, that sucks! That's how it showed up? Was there damage to the box?

I have the same TV, only it's the 42" version :D

DeusGear
08-21-08, 04:59 PM
Yea there was damage to the box. As soon as I took the lcd out even turned off I saw a big circle smudge in the same area where there was outside box damage. Contacted newegg for them to ship a new one. This is the VYPER game mode edtion that reduces all lag.

npras42
08-21-08, 06:31 PM
Great picture! :wtf:

j/k That's ****ty man. I hate it when you get all excited for new stuff and it either doesn't turn up or turns up broken!

buicks suck
08-21-08, 06:42 PM
ups sucks left nut for treating YOUR property like they own it.

Bman212121
08-21-08, 06:56 PM
Should have ordered it from tiger. :D

I just got a Sharp LC-37D62U for work. It was some of the best black levels I've seen on a tv before. Hopefully when you get your replacement it will make you happy. For analog SD I think they are still a little lacking, but any time of HD content it can display pretty well.

DeusGear
08-21-08, 07:06 PM
Should have ordered it from tiger. :D

I just got a Sharp LC-37D62U for work. It was some of the best black levels I've seen on a tv before. Hopefully when you get your replacement it will make you happy. For analog SD I think they are still a little lacking, but any time of HD content it can display pretty well.
This LCD is solely for my pc and gaming so regular tv isn't even gonna be used on it. I gotta say some part of this is sharps stupidity of packaging. The LCD prt of the screen was facing nothing but a piece of cardboard. However the back of the LCD had a thick piece of styrofoam. Why the lcd was facing a thin cardboard side instead of the thick heavy styrofoam side is a mystery to me. If the lcd faced the styrofoam side the only damage (if even) would be a scape on the back of the screen plastic.

LORD-eX-Bu
08-21-08, 08:47 PM
eh, get a bigger one and have it shipped freight :lol:

DeusGear
08-22-08, 07:12 PM
Damn newegg is awesome. They approved the claim the same day as I filed it and shipped out the replacement this morning. They are also sending a courier to pick up the broken one straight from my house. Now that's service.

RaidenWoW
08-22-08, 07:46 PM
Damn newegg is awesome. They approved the claim the same day as I filed it and shipped out the replacement this morning. They are also sending a courier to pick up the broken one straight from my house. Now that's service.

Love Newegg. Hope they insured the Tv.

Mr Bigman
08-22-08, 08:16 PM
That blows but for with Newegg.

I noticed that this site is pro Newegg and most here buy from them.

NVNEWS-EVGA-NEWEGG.

Im suprised there is no savings or interent cash for newegg from here since this site has all of its shoppers from newegg? Promo codes would be nice for those who are members of Nvnews. right?

methimpikehoses
08-22-08, 09:47 PM
I think most here just get the best deals... or whoever is carrying the new gpu, etc...

t3hl33td4rg0n
08-22-08, 09:53 PM
I have mostly bad experiences with UPS. With UPS standard, I think out of a few dozen shipments, only had a few that actually showed up on time. Hell, even with UPS freight LTL I had a shipment nearly a week late with a few pieces damaged.

Avoid them like the plague!

CaptNKILL
08-23-08, 02:00 AM

NVNEWS-EVGA-NEWEGG.

Im suprised there is no savings or interent cash for newegg from here since this site has all of its shoppers from newegg? Promo codes would be nice for those who are members of Nvnews. right?

NewEgg has been the most well organize and well stocked store since I started buying hardware.

I'm still amazed at how disorganized and shoddy most web stores are... even ones that are far larger than newegg.

Its easy to shop there, their prices are listed at pricegrabber, and their prices are usually among the best.

I sound like a freaking newegg ad don't I? :p

Toss3
08-23-08, 02:37 AM
I'm never using UPS ever again either!

Was supposed to receive my video projector yesterday because the online tracking system said "out for delivery" - so I had someone stay home all day to make sure we didn't miss the courier. Well, guess who never even showed up?

At seven o'clock the status changed from "out for delivery" to "In transit" and now it doesn't say anything.

Not a single beep from UPS, so I call 'em up today and a nice girl answers. I tell her my tracking number and she does her thing and says "I don't see why it wouldn't have been delivered yesterday", well that makes everything okay doesn't it? They didn't even have a manager in or anyone else for that matter on the weekend.

So now I have to wait 'til Monday to get my projector and I have to take a day off work just to make sure I don't miss it. :thumbdwn:

FedEx FTW!

nekrosoft13
08-23-08, 02:43 AM
DHL is the worse

Toss3
08-23-08, 02:54 AM
DHL is the worse

Never had a problem with them, but tons with UPS. I'm gonna use DHL in the future and boycott any store that uses UPS.

Electron Rider
08-23-08, 05:32 AM
I used UPS to move some of my stuff across country before. One box came in with things inside smashed. They initially wanted to claim that it was my packing job that caused it. Possibly for one item, but it was glass, and could have broke otherwise. Jumped through hoops, eventually they would have given me a claim if I had some receipts. I said F it, and took the loss on it. Not much problem with them since, except that the F'ers play Ding Dong Ditch at my door. I swear to Christ! I get up, go out to answer the door, and the MF is driving away, with my box! I called them and complained a lot, because I can't predict when they'll get here, and it takes longer than the 5 seconds that ignorant bastard waits before he gets back in his truck, to get to the door. Now, if I'm expecting something, I go running, and usually end up yelling "STOP MOTHER F###ER!" to get his attention before he drives away. It's worse when I've been working nights, and I am half-asleep.

As an aside, they seem to hang up on you when you call their delivery buffoons anything off the George Carlin Expanded List of Words - especially the Original Seven.

Electron Rider
08-23-08, 05:37 AM

Glad that worked out. Sorry you gotta wait longer, and hope the TV comes in unscathed this time. Otherwise... release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouth, and when they bark they shoot bees at you!

Electron Rider
08-23-08, 05:45 AM

NVNEWS-EVGA-NEWEGG.

I think most here just get the best deals... or whoever is carrying the new gpu, etc...

Amen to that. Personally, I gave up on the retail outlets for most things a while back. I've used Newegg as a resource. I also use Pricewatch as a resource. I go for where I can get the better deal. I won't use Tiger Direct, because they charge sales tax, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give 10% to the F'd government of this state if I can help it. Hard to say "no" to lower price, free ground shipping, and no sales tax for identical items, when the downside is that it takes an extra day to come from Ohio instead of Crook County. I go through, read reviews, read descriptions, and make a decision. Often times, when I go through Pricewatch, I end up with free shipping, too. With the exception of my aforementioned UPS driver's behavior, I've had no problems in the past few years.

I'm sure if the administrators got some sort of sponsorship going, that could happen, Bigman. I don't count that as being likely though. I bet you could find coupons or discount codes from them or online, though. I know there are sites (both legit and otherwise) that deal in coupon codes.

Everyone's got their preferences.

crainger
08-23-08, 10:24 AM
I used UPS to move some of my stuff across country before. One box came in with things inside smashed. They initially wanted to claim that it was my packing job that caused it. Possibly for one item, but it was glass, and could have broke otherwise. Jumped through hoops, eventually they would have given me a claim if I had some receipts. I said F it, and took the loss on it. Not much problem with them since, except that the F'ers play Ding Dong Ditch at my door. I swear to Christ! I get up, go out to answer the door, and the MF is driving away, with my box! I called them and complained a lot, because I can't predict when they'll get here, and it takes longer than the 5 seconds that ignorant bastard waits before he gets back in his truck, to get to the door. Now, if I'm expecting something, I go running, and usually end up yelling "STOP MOTHER F###ER!" to get his attention before he drives away. It's worse when I've been working nights, and I am half-asleep.

As an aside, they seem to hang up on you when you call their delivery buffoons anything off the George Carlin Expanded List of Words - especially the Original Seven.

One of AAE (Australian Air Express) guys around here did the same thing. Knock lightly, then leave. I called, complained, they sent the dude back right away, then I always got a different driver. I assume other complained and the guy was sacked. AAE are the best for local, overseas I only trust FedEX.

Sazar
08-23-08, 11:02 AM

NVNEWS-EVGA-NEWEGG.

Some of my stuff, I just use the links Mike has on the front page. I figure he gets some ad dollahs from the clicks ;)

I could care less about 5 bucks here and there but maybe there is sufficient traffic eventually that we get [H] style promo codes and coupons :o

CaptNKILL
08-23-08, 11:08 AM
Otherwise... release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouth, and when they bark they shoot bees at you!

What an awesome idea. :lol:

$n][pErMan
08-23-08, 11:47 AM
I used to work at UPS back in college for a summer... we used to chuck **** to the back of the truck like it was a sporting event.... needless to say I don't use UPS :p

Toss3
08-25-08, 10:21 AM
Well, it's Monday and 7 pm and still no package, even though I was promised that my package would be delivered today. So I call UPS once again, get the same BS and another promise that my package will be here tomorrow.

Don't these people know that normal people have to be at work?

Seriously this is ****ed up.

Anyone know someone high up at UPS that could have these incompetent fools fired?