PDA

View Full Version : Good airflow?

Eyolan
08-22-08, 11:32 AM
Hey all, I'm wondering if this case has good airflow, for a mid range gaming machine. It'll be sporting the ASUS P5Q Pro, E8400 and a 4870

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

bu1basaur
08-22-08, 01:15 PM
For about 20 bucks more you can get the Cooler Master 690. It has much better airflow as well as more room, tool-less mounting racks, cable management, e-SATA, and is quiet. It also has room for more fans and dust filters, which I think is a must.

buicks suck
08-22-08, 02:39 PM
For about 20 bucks more you can get the Cooler Master 690. It has much better airflow as well as more room, tool-less mounting racks, cable management, e-SATA, and is quiet. It also has room for more fans and dust filters, which I think is a must.
that's what i currently have. it's excellent, except if i were to do it all over i'd get an antec 300.

i love the blue led fan in the front though, it lowered hd temps considerably.

i didn't used the other stock fans for mine, tho, i re-used my trusty panaflo ultra speed for the exhaust, and a scythe intake for the lower side fan.

Eyolan
08-23-08, 01:57 PM
The Antec 300 looks sweet. What size fan goes in the front?

bu1basaur
08-23-08, 03:42 PM
that's what i currently have. it's excellent, except if i were to do it all over i'd get an antec 300.

i love the blue led fan in the front though, it lowered hd temps considerably.

i didn't used the other stock fans for mine, tho, i re-used my trusty panaflo ultra speed for the exhaust, and a scythe intake for the lower side fan.

I completely forgot about the Antec 300. It's a great case, friend has one. If I were to get a new case, it'd probably the Antec 300. It's simple and effective, a good size, just lacks a few extras like a motherboard tray, but that would bump the cost up.

Eyolan
08-23-08, 05:20 PM
I want to get blue fans for the front, does this look good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999127

Eyolan
08-24-08, 02:01 AM
I have a question pertaining to the fans and cooling. The case comes with rear and top exhaust fans. Do I need to get two front intake fans or should the exhaust fans be enough to pull a good amount of air? If I should get two frontal fans, how do I balance the fans out so the air doesn't simply get circulated? I'd probably cut off the front comb grill to get better airflow whether I get fans or not.

Eyolan
08-24-08, 11:19 AM
lol, sorry for triple post. I was thinking about the whole turbulence issue last night while I couldn't fall asleep. Basically, I'll have two exhaust fans, my PSU and my GPU will all be blowing air out of the case. Not only that, the side panel is perforated so any air that is in the case can get pushed out if the intake fans are pulling in too much air.