the tweak guy has it going on ,please read it's interesting and enlightening

crainger
08-24-08, 08:52 PM
That was good. I just installed Live Gallery. ::D:

grey_1
08-24-08, 09:27 PM
http://www.tweakguides.com/VA_1.html
the tweak guy has it going on ,please read it's interesting and enlightening

Yes he does. Been using many of his tips for a while now. Good post.

yaleblor
08-24-08, 09:39 PM
fud is going to be my new catch phrase

AthlonXP1800
08-24-08, 09:54 PM
Hmmm very interesting article. Surprised to see MacOS X marketshare fell all the time, Vista eating Windows XP and MacOS X marketshare. By February 2009, Windows XP will have 64% or less marketshare.

yaleblor
08-24-08, 11:06 PM
vista is a good os people just need to adjust to it , xp's time is all but done , the sooner we accept vista the sooner it will improve , . im very happy with it , when the fat is trimed off it is very fast and reliable , after a installed sp1 i think i only diabled 4 maybe 5 processes

CaptNKILL
08-25-08, 01:00 AM
VERY good article. I just went through it and did everything that needed done.

The fix for the folder views is by far the best part of the article. That has been driving me nuts for a very long time and now its completely fixed.

Every time I open a folder I get the generic documents detail view, and that's how I want it unless I change a specific folder.

I wish they would have touched on the horrid camera wizard in Vista though. IMO that is the single worst change from XP to Vista. Its basically useless.

npras42
08-25-08, 08:07 AM
I liked the folder trick. That was very good.

I didn't like his conclusion though. I use Vista and think it is clearly better than XP, but I wouldn't recommend it to people on the basis that they will find the transition to '7' easier. Vista costs well over $100 or so for a complete version, I wouldn't tell people to spend that kind of money just so they can spend it again when '7' comes out.

nekrosoft13
08-25-08, 08:12 AM
I wish they would have touched on the horrid camera wizard in Vista though. IMO that is the single worst change from XP to Vista. Its basically useless.

install the live gallery, it has better camera/memory card import wizard.

CaptNKILL
08-25-08, 02:17 PM
install the live gallery, it has better camera/memory card import wizard.

Wow, it DOES add a nice import wizard.

Thanks nekro.

I'm really surprised that they didn't mention that in the tweakguides article.

That's it, those were my two main gripes with Vista. It is now the best OS I've ever used. :p

nekrosoft13
08-25-08, 02:24 PM
i just wish that import wizard was stock, and you wouldn't have to install another app.

CaptNKILL
08-25-08, 02:31 PM
i just wish that import wizard was stock, and you wouldn't have to install another app.

Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw how terrible the stock one was.

You basically click "import" and it dumps the entire contents of your camera's memory card into a single folder. The only way to have different groups of pictures is to do it several times with different names and then delete the copies. If you have several gigs of photos and videos on your card this could take hours.

The new one in windows live gallery is basically the same as the one in XP except it has the option to automatically separate your pictures by dates and times.

This definitely should have come with Vista from the beginning, or at least been listed as optional in windows update. Before this TG article I didn't even know there was a "Windows Live" suite of programs.

Mr Bigman
08-25-08, 02:33 PM
XP is also a Trojan horse that enables Mr Gates and a horde of even less welcome folks to invade your privacy, exploit your computer and empty your wallet.

I caught this in the article which is so ture with Gates.

The guy was a money sucking vulture. Its good that he is giving some of it back in charity or he would be labeled as a greedy bastard for years.

CaptNKILL
08-25-08, 02:48 PM
XP is also a Trojan horse that enables Mr Gates and a horde of even less welcome folks to invade your privacy, exploit your computer and empty your wallet.

I caught this in the article which is so ture with Gates.

The guy was a money sucking vulture. Its good that he is giving some of it back in charity or he would be labeled as a greedy bastard for years.

Oh sho vim, we am yes? Vulture.

Wolfhound
08-26-08, 02:05 AM
I always liked tweakguides, when using XP I always follow some of the directions of Tweakguides Tweaking companion guide and with Vista I do the same,he has a lot of games tweaking guides too, here is the guide:

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html