PDA

View Full Version : No Multiplayer On Doom 3 !!!??

Pages : [1] 2

Spotch
05-15-03, 03:33 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9517

Well so much for that game and the hope for a quake con test demo release. I guess it will be neat but how long can you sit there and play against scripts?

GlowStick
05-15-03, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he kinda hinted that Multi-Player may not make it into doom3, before e3 it was at at '4 people max in multi-player' i guess its down to 0 now.

But the other programmers commented that it will be inculded to people who want to devleop on the doom3 platform heh heh.

I think the mainproblem is with the physics engine.

Like if doom 3 can do the stuff in Half Life 2, then for multiplayer its probly gonna be compeltely server side, and that will take up huge amounts of cpu power and bandwith?

I do wonder how HL2 is gonna do it.

The Baron
05-15-03, 03:46 PM
It'll probably come in with an addon pack.

poursoul
05-16-03, 12:27 PM
the alpha includes multiplayer support. If you know where your going on the net it is possible to find the altered levels with spawn points. It will definitely include multiplayer, don't always believe the inq.

Ramshambo2001
05-16-03, 06:03 PM
weren't they going to release Quake 4 with the doom 3 engine? and that was going to be THE multiplayer game?

GlowStick
05-17-03, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by poursoul
the alpha includes multiplayer support. If you know where your going on the net it is possible to find the altered levels with spawn points. It will definitely include multiplayer, don't always believe the inq.

Yes, the alpha dose have multiplayer support, but if you do certin actions it will crash, so i have herd..... ; D

But, it will be on all the games useing the d3 engine.

MrNasty
05-17-03, 01:23 AM
Heh doom3 multiplayer will be a bit of a joke tbh.

poursoul
05-17-03, 09:41 AM
yeah but it'll look good. Look out, CHAINSAW!!!!

MrNasty
05-17-03, 09:51 AM
Now coop would be nice !

GlowStick
05-17-03, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by MrNasty
Now coop would be nice !

yeah but JC stated he didnt want co-op, so it will be up to a mod

MrNasty
05-17-03, 10:40 AM
Carmack what a idiot, no coop is like the worst decision he could make.

Sazar
05-17-03, 10:50 AM
Carmack what a idiot, no coop is like the worst decision he could make.

on a PC with that kind of processing power required... over the internet ? I dunno if coop sounds so great now..

on a console platform though I think coop would be excellent... considering the phenomenal feedback people got from Halo :D (I LUV that game)

MrNasty
05-17-03, 11:00 AM
Coop doom !!!

*fap* *fap* *fap*

Grrrpoop
05-17-03, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
on a PC with that kind of processing power required... over the internet ? I dunno if coop sounds so great now..

on a console platform though I think coop would be excellent... considering the phenomenal feedback people got from Halo :D (I LUV that game)
Co-Op over LAN would be perfect imo. Serious Sam comes alive in co-op mode, I'm sure a game like this would be great played in the dark with just the eerie glow of cold cathodes coming from the cases :D allow the use of sub woofers to get ppl on edge hehe

Then you'd still be able to use "proper" controls ;)

I've played Halo on Xbox and I just can't get used to aiming with a pad, no-can-do :(

Btw, didn't JC say something along the lines of he doesn't rate co-op play or something? He doesn't strike me as a very sociable person..

GlowStick
05-17-03, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Grrrpoop
Co-Op over LAN would be perfect imo. Serious Sam comes alive in co-op mode, I'm sure a game like this would be great played in the dark with just the eerie glow of cold cathodes coming from the cases :D allow the use of sub woofers to get ppl on edge hehe

I've played Halo on Xbox and I just can't get used to aiming with a pad, no-can-do :(

Btw, didn't JC say something along the lines of he doesn't rate co-op play or something? He doesn't strike me as a very sociable person..

Yes, i love Co-Op, espically in Serious Sam, but JC seems to hate 'team games'

Sazar
05-17-03, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Grrrpoop

halo is awesome :D

I was just pointing out potential problems... ie the Carmack thinking coop will ruin my beautiful game or something...

I personally love coop... and trust me... the controller pad... though nutty to use at first is PERFECTLY suited for halo... should only take a few mins to figure out how to use it :)

I am sure you recall how people first react when they see a keyboard/mouse option :D

they use the straffe keys almost exclusively... shunnin the mouse :D its hilarious... but trust me... its not so hard on Halo :D

AgentX
05-20-03, 04:53 AM
I dont really care if its not got MP, 1 im on 56k, 2 the game is gonna own!!!

GlowStick
05-20-03, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AgentX
I dont really care if its not got MP, 1 im on 56k, 2 the game is gonna own!!!

56K? I thought those only existed in fairy tails and legends!

J/K

:nana:

sebazve
05-20-03, 12:02 PM
quake 4 is the doom3 mp part

SavagePaladin
05-20-03, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
56K? I thought those only existed in fairy tails and legends!

J/K

:nana:
They're legendary for being slow, thats for sure.

<sigh+cry+whatever>

MrNasty
05-21-03, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by sebazve
quake 4 is the doom3 mp part

Don't you mean quak4 ?

GlowStick
05-21-03, 02:19 AM
Don't you mean quak4 ?
h@ h@ g00d 1

Headbust
05-21-03, 05:52 PM
you can get multiplayer to work in the alpha leak:)

poursoul
05-22-03, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by poursoul

alucard_x
05-22-03, 05:48 PM
from the beginning, carmack said doom3 was going to be focused all on a submersive single player environment where eveyrthing you see on the screen is dyanmic. for instance the part in the first lvl where the giant demon thing comes crashing out of the wall; you can't tell by looking at the hallway which is a "static" wall and where the space is for the demon to come out. anyways, they also said they'd leave multiplayer support for mod's that ppl chose to develop.

finally, ravensoft was said to be developing Quake4 which i believe is using the doom3 engine.