PDA

View Full Version : Reports Indicate Pro-Gamers Turning to Performance Enhancing Drugs

Vanzagar
08-29-08, 01:25 PM
And like any sport where there's money involved, some people look to illegal or unregulated, but dangerous means to enhance their performance. GamePlayer, Australia's leading gaming site ran an interesting piece on the topic where it identified commonly abused substances. It identified, marijuana, amphetamines (speed), Dexamphetamine and Methylphenidate (Ritalin), Caffeine, and FpsBrain, the German drug ****tail previously blogged about here on DailyTech, as common drugs used when players want to gain an underhanded edge.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=12808

Guess some believe it's better to burn out then to fade away...

Tr1cK
08-29-08, 01:28 PM
Pot's not giving anyone an edge in gaming lol.

"Dude, you're dead."
"No, way mannn, that like totally sucks. Where's the Cheetos and can I have another Coke?"

bacon12
08-29-08, 01:46 PM
Yea I read that and loled. Like gettting baked will improve anything.

Tr1cK
08-29-08, 01:52 PM
Let's get coked out and play some DDR.

rofl

Imbroglio
08-29-08, 02:12 PM

i know competition players do it so that it'll take the edge off. if you've ever played in a large public event, you'd realize how bad you can be because of the surge of adrenaline that is rushing through you before you start. it makes you feel like a nub when you can't kill anyone.

Lfctony
08-29-08, 02:31 PM
Two words...

Dumb f*cks...

Ninjaman09
08-29-08, 02:42 PM
Having played FPS games stoned on many occasions I can safely conclude that it does not enhance your performance. It can, however, be very fun. But seriously...major LOL at people who get all jacked up on stimulants and play video games...enjoy your heart attacks at age 30. :retard:

XDanger
08-29-08, 03:42 PM
The last thing I need is stimulants when playing games... β-blockers maybe.

SilentMercury
08-29-08, 04:26 PM
LOL. I agree pot won't improve performance unless you are a user multiple times daily and you have become physically and psychologically dependant.

If anyone can find a video of some extreme DDR players, now would be the best time to post it.:D

XDanger
08-29-08, 04:33 PM
If anyone can find a video of some extreme DDR players, now would be the best time to post it.:D

azlOzMyHzFQ
This guy is definitely on 'Cake'

S.I.N
08-29-08, 05:23 PM
azlOzMyHzFQ
This guy is definitely on 'Cake'

That's not a guy, that's chick.

bob saget
08-29-08, 05:40 PM
since gaming doesnt really count on "physical" attributes, i dont really see how you can performance enhance gaming, i can see how tons of caffeine would help....

XDanger
08-29-08, 06:59 PM
That's not a guy, that's chick.

Those are manneries

sillyeagle
08-29-08, 09:56 PM
A guy I know takes adderol for ADHD, and those little pills keep you focused for sure, in fact tack sharp, so I can see how something like ADHD meds can give an edge. Adderol is just a stimulant.

nrdstrm
08-29-08, 11:06 PM
I could see how speed would work well. I tried it a few times many years ago, and I just remember being really focused on ONE thing...Be it a conversation, a tv show, or the radio...Very focused...Everything else just got filtered out...

It's crazy though, because don't some of them play for 24 hrs straight? To keep the high, they would have to do bumps every 4-6 hours I would think. How would you do that at a professional gaming event? Not even remotely worth it...That stuff gives day long hang overs!

As to Pot, I guess it would depend on how often the person uses it. For example, a chronic smoker (no pun intended) might not smoke the day of the event until right before, and just take a small hit to calm the nerves like stated above. If the person wasn't a regular smoker, I can't see how that would work. As also stated above..."I died? Cool....Where is the snack bar?"...LOL

ATi
08-29-08, 11:14 PM

I play better when i smoke my california medical marijuana :dance: and it makes the games look better(nana2)

Quick420
08-29-08, 11:23 PM
Pot's not giving anyone an edge in gaming lol.

"Dude, you're dead."
"No, way mannn, that like totally sucks. Where's the Cheetos and can I have another Coke?"

I play very well when smoking pot.......zoned in ya know? The only people I know that talk like that are from fast times at ridgemont high.That movie was not an accurate representation of pot smokers today:afro2:

Quick420
08-29-08, 11:25 PM
I play better when i smoke my california medical marijuana :dance: and it makes the games look better(nana2)

Look at my sig ATi......Canadian???

K007
08-29-08, 11:48 PM
article from Australia....

Tr1cK
08-30-08, 09:21 AM
I play very well when smoking pot.......zoned in ya know? The only people I know that talk like that are from fast times at ridgemont high.That movie was not an accurate representation of pot smokers today:afro2:

You're preaching to the choir. I was just putting the stereotypical twist on it.:smoking: