PDA

View Full Version : No Gears of War 2 for PC?

Pages : [1] 2

NarcissistZero
08-29-08, 10:54 PM
http://kotaku.com/5043725/no-gears-of-war-2-for-you-pc-gamers

This would suck, as I thought Gears 1 played a LOT better on PC, despite PC reviews saying the opposite. It also looked a lot cleaner, as the 360 original had this fuzzy look to it.

Here's the most direct quote possible from CliffyB:

Epic have "decided we're not going to do a PC version this time around".

SilentMercury
08-29-08, 11:23 PM
I really hope that's not true. GOW PC was hell of a lot better than the 360 version.

Destroy
08-29-08, 11:23 PM
Sounds exactly what they said about the first one.

NarcissistZero
08-29-08, 11:29 PM
Sounds exactly what they said about the first one.

I'm pretty sure they denied it was in development before the announcement, but never said flatly "we are never doing it."

Could be wrong.

nutcrackr
08-29-08, 11:31 PM
mark rein might bitch slap cliffy for this.

AngelGraves13
08-30-08, 12:34 AM
Eh...whatever, there are better games than GOW.

Lfctony
08-30-08, 12:50 AM
It's coming. As always, they have to say this so they will make people that are willing to buy it on the 360 get it. And then they will get it out for the PC so the rest of the people will buy it... It's like a broken record, "only coming out on this" and then sometime later, poof, announced for other systems...

ViN86
08-30-08, 01:26 AM
http://kotaku.com/5043725/no-gears-of-war-2-for-you-pc-gamers

This would suck, as I thought Gears 1 played a LOT better on PC, despite PC reviews saying the opposite. It also looked a lot cleaner, as the 360 original had this fuzzy look to it.

Here's the most direct quote possible from CliffyB:

of course they wont. theyre still bitching about how it didnt get any recognition. the controls on PC are a POS. i play with my 360 controller and i beat ppl online. that shouldnt happen with PC. :|

I really hope that's not true. GOW PC was hell of a lot better than the 360 version.

i disagree. the only thing better was the textures and high res.

i thought the controls on PC were awkward.

K007
08-30-08, 01:56 AM
mmmmm....k.......

LordJuanlo
08-30-08, 02:12 AM
I bet it will be on PC later, as did the first one. Once they have the 360 version is not that difficult to port to PC

K007
08-30-08, 02:33 AM
it probably already is on the PC....

Of course it will come out much later...and then they will blame it on something for poor sales...

Its like that cowism..

AN AMERICAN CORPORATION

You have two cows

You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows

Later, you hire a consultant to analyse why the cow has dropped dead

Noriega
08-30-08, 05:14 AM
What is Epic doing in PCGA?

PS didin't enjoyed first GoW probally won't even look at GoW2 ;p

Blkout
08-30-08, 06:17 AM
It's coming. As always, they have to say this so they will make people that are willing to buy it on the 360 get it. And then they will get it out for the PC so the rest of the people will buy it... It's like a broken record, "only coming out on this" and then sometime later, poof, announced for other systems...

I completely agree. It's a clever attempt and boosting game sales on the 360, however, I guess they assume people are too stupid to remember they made the exact same statement in regards to GOW.

Blkout
08-30-08, 06:19 AM
i disagree. the only thing better was the textures and high res.

i thought the controls on PC were awkward.

Load times are faster and I get to use anti-aliasing with the PC.

So use a 360 controller for Windows. That's what I do.

3DBrad
08-30-08, 07:27 AM
Epic should dump Microsoft and Midway.

Ubisoft is doing a much better job, and delivering much better PC titles with fewer bugs, which is ironic, due to Epic's past.

Gears of War on the PC is one of the buggiest games, and I wish it wasn't that way.

BioHazZarD
08-30-08, 08:00 AM
Didnt they say the same thing about the first and eventually it came out on the pc..

FearMeAll
08-30-08, 09:09 AM
takes grain of salt..

Quick420
08-30-08, 09:40 AM
mark rein might bitch slap cliffy for this.

If Mark doesnt....I will.He's from my hometown:p

FastRedPonyCar
08-30-08, 07:38 PM
they said this about the first one.

Microsoft said it about both the halo games and the 3rd one (which will probably be released late next year on PC)

rock star has said no PC for GTA games the last 4 games and look... we got all 3 (well almost the 4th one) on PC.

This is the oldest trick in the book.

Intel17
08-30-08, 10:51 PM
I never cared for GoW, so whatever. But, still, I can't believe they say, "oh, PC sales aren't as good as console sales."
Well, f*cking durrr! If everyone's played it on the 360, then what reason do they have to buy the PC version?

Epic, you suck.

SilentMercury
08-31-08, 01:10 AM
It's unfortunate when people don't like certain PC games because of the controls. People seem to forget that on a PC you have a lot of freedom to customize your own controls with a keyboard and mouse, and believe it or not, there are USB controllers that are just like a Playstation or Xbox controller, which can also be customized.

blizzle
08-31-08, 07:08 PM
They'll release it down the line, just like the first. They are just trying to fool the suckers into buying it for the xbox. I can wait for it, the first one was meh anyways.

Noriega
08-31-08, 07:13 PM
hmmm It's like Epic is trying to say "I love you PC gamerz" while he have MS di*k in his mouth

ViN86
08-31-08, 09:15 PM
Epic should dump Microsoft and Midway.

Ubisoft is doing a much better job, and delivering much better PC titles with fewer bugs, which is ironic, due to Epic's past.

Gears of War on the PC is one of the buggiest games, and I wish it wasn't that way.

bah what do you expect from a game that went gold on 360 then was ported to PC sloppily.

saturnotaku
08-31-08, 09:37 PM
Again, Epic did not do the PC port of Gears. It was People Can Fly (of Painkiller fame).