PDA

View Full Version : RAM 2.0V or 2.2V?

Gaco
09-01-08, 03:36 PM
What is the difference? I'm thinking about buying 2gigs more RAM since I only have 2gb right now, and I want the new ones to be the same. But I don't remember there being two models being identical except for one little specification (and a slight cost difference):

http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=BL2KIT12864AL1065 - 2.2V (cheapest)

http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=BL2KIT12864AL106A - 2.0V (8 more expensive).

Help me make the call please :confused:

Technoholic
09-01-08, 03:37 PM
:headexplode:

Gaco
09-01-08, 04:04 PM
Look I know I'm no expert, I can assemble a computer, overclock and know things in general on a need-to-know basis, I'm not a computer scientist or hardcore enthusiast liquid-gas overclocker dude who knows what every last specification on components means, so excuse my ignorance :)

XDanger
09-01-08, 05:37 PM
The expensiver ones dont require as high a voltage to achieve the rate so they are better and will OC higher while not getting as hot would be my guess.

Stable at lower voltage = Good

Look I know I'm no expert, I can assemble a computer, overclock and know things in general on a need-to-know basis
Same here ,People asking me why their mobile internet dongle isn't working get angry when I say "How the **** should I know", Ive never used one so why would I know.
Still.... Installing the ****ing drivers and registering the things does help...

Quick420
09-01-08, 06:08 PM
The expensiver ones dont require as high a voltage to achieve the rate so they are better and will OC higher while not getting as hot would be my guess.

Stable at lower voltage = Good

Same here ,People asking me why their mobile internet dongle isn't working get angry when I say "How the **** should I know", Ive never used one so why would I know.
Still.... Installing the ****ing drivers and registering the things does help...

+1 go for the lower voltage.......voltage is our enemy in computing.

XDanger
09-01-08, 06:44 PM
+1 go for the lower voltage.......voltage is our enemy in computing.
Some voltage is good though right?

bob saget
09-01-08, 09:28 PM
right, but i believe voltage = heat.
Also, i dont think the component is meant to run at a higher voltage unless specified. The life of say a CPU can decrease.

Gaco
09-02-08, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys, they're ordered... :thumbsup: