PDA

View Full Version : Does AA work in Stranglehold?

Pages : [1] 2

sillyeagle
09-01-08, 02:46 PM
I'm looking for a new game, never played Stranglehold, but it will have to work with AA. I once heard it does not.

Mike89
09-01-08, 03:32 PM
Nope. Doesn't work in another Midway game, Blacksite Area 51 either. I'm not a Midway fan at all, I think they should switch over and make shower stalls or something cause with their track record they have no business making games.

A user's opinion, that's it.

NarcissistZero
09-01-08, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty sure this and Blacksite are UE3, which is why there is no AA.

That game is pretty meh as well... maybe get it for $15 or so, but not more.

Koko56
09-01-08, 05:00 PM
Some say... that it kick Max Payne's ass.

:headexplode::headexplode::headexplode:

What is the world coming to?

I played it and it was not really all that awesome. I think it's ok for the fisrt few minute s (really) but then it gets very repetitive.

crainger
09-01-08, 05:07 PM
It's ok, but when you see the same special move over and over it loses it's fun. Max Payne had better gameplay and a much much better story.

Koko56
09-01-08, 05:10 PM
It's ok, but when you see the same special move over and over it loses it's fun.

That's about it!

But MP is awesome. :afro::afro::afro:

saturnotaku
09-01-08, 09:20 PM
The PS3 version looks better and plays smoother than the PC port. Controls are much better on the PS3, as gamepads are not supported on the PC. The PS3 Collector's Edition has a full-length version of Hard Boiled right on the Blu-ray disc. It can be had for $17.99 used at EB/Gamestop, IIRC.

sillyeagle
09-02-08, 03:18 PM
Ok, I'll pass on it. Thanks for the heads up! I still have Jericho installed and only played the first level. Might as well play that.

SilentMercury
09-02-08, 03:30 PM
Ok, I'll pass on it. Thanks for the heads up! I still have Jericho installed and only played the first level. Might as well play that.

Yeah, I bought Jericho and Stranglehold on Ebay for 8 bucks each and even at that price I still have not played them much, but I have played Jericho more than Stranglehold. Stranglehold is boring as hell.

Mike89
09-02-08, 06:09 PM
I actually like Stranglehold despite the no FSAA deal. I still play it from time to time for some colorful in your face action. I like Blacksite Area 51 too but would like it much more if Midway would have made it to run decent without the horrendous stuttering and pauses. Stranglehold has some stuttering too but no where near like Blacksite.

saturnotaku
09-02-08, 07:44 PM
Stranglehold has some stuttering too but no where near like Blacksite.

Oh yeah, PS3 version doesn't suffer from that either.

crainger
09-02-08, 11:28 PM
What was annoying in Australia they not only charged double for the collectors edition, they removed Hard Boiled.

Do they like screwing us over?! Is it because we have such nice beaches?

NarcissistZero
09-02-08, 11:49 PM
Do they like screwing us over?! Is it because we have such nice topless beaches?

Yes.

That and the loose women.

Koko56
09-03-08, 06:28 AM
What was annoying in Australia they not only charged double for the collectors edition, they removed Hard Boiled.

Do they like screwing us over?! Is it because we have such nice beaches?
:lol: hehehehe :headexplode:
Yes.

:jumping: Say what?

nekrosoft13
09-03-08, 07:06 AM
Oh yeah, PS3 version doesn't suffer from that either.

game stutters with dual core, but it runs perfectly smooth with quad. First I played Stranglehold with 3.2 Ghz E6600 and it stuttered. Later I replaced the E6600 for 3.2Ghz Q6600 and it never stuttered again.

Same for MOHA, never tried Blacksite.

UE3 loves quad core

saturnotaku
09-03-08, 07:47 AM
game stutters with dual core, but it runs perfectly smooth with quad. First I played Stranglehold with 3.2 Ghz E6600 and it stuttered. Later I replaced the E6600 for 3.2Ghz Q6600 and it never stuttered again.

Same for MOHA, never tried Blacksite.

UE3 loves quad core

Stranglehold ran perfectly fine on the PC in my signature. Any UE3 engine game I've played on my current PC works well (UT3, Bioshock, Gears, etc). The controls on the PC version were a deal breaker, and the PS3 Collector's Edition plummeted in price ($18 + 10% off GS card + 25% off e-mail coupon).

nekrosoft13
09-03-08, 07:53 AM
why would controls be bad? it was super easy to run/jump aim.

i can never understand how can someone play shooters with gamepad, gamepad is only good for arcade racers, sports game and simple action/platform games.

blizzle
09-04-08, 09:52 AM

i can never understand how can someone play shooters with gamepad, gamepad is only good for arcade racers, sports game and simple action/platform games.

Agreed. I don't know how you could play this game with a gamepad. It would be autoaim to the max.

saturnotaku
09-04-08, 10:44 AM

Have you actually played Stranglehold? You can't jump, and the control with the keyboard and mouse is stiff and awkward. Combining it with the "Tequila Time" abilities exacerbates the issue.

Plenty of 3rd-person action/shooters have great mouse and keyboard control: Beyond Good & Evil and Max Payne are just two off the top of my head. And having played Oni on both the PC and PS2, the former is superior for its fluid controls. It's most bothersome that Stranglehold doesn't support pads at all. At least give people the option.

nekrosoft13
09-04-08, 11:16 AM
is not technically jump, as he doesn't jump up. He does the same as Max Payne bullet time. Believe it was called Tequila Time like you mentioned on top.

It still is 100 times easier to control with keyboard and mouse.

NaitoSan
09-04-08, 01:31 PM
I played Stranglehold with pad. I never had problem with it, so it may be on your end. Some people just can't get used to play games like this with pad.

Everytime I read "Tequila Time" as "Tila Tequila" :o

Koko56
09-04-08, 01:51 PM
I played Stranglehold with pad. I never had problem with it, so it may be on your end. Some people just can't get used to play games like this with pad.

Some say that you get used to after a while. I played GTA IV for about a week and I sort of got used to the analogue sticks, but... I don' think that I could be a as comfortable with the analogue sticks. But hey... "each be hasing their own" :o

nekrosoft13
09-04-08, 02:08 PM

there is diffrence to getting used to it, but doesn't matter how used to it you get, you will never have the same ammount of control with a pad that you get with K+M.

Koko56
09-04-08, 03:35 PM
there is diffrence to getting used to it, but doesn't matter how used to it you get, you will never have the same ammount of control with a pad that you get with K+M.

That's a possibility.

crainger
09-04-08, 04:45 PM
Yes.

Not as loose as those Bangbus Florida ****s.