PDA

View Full Version : I should have my GeForce FX 5900 Ultra any day now...


Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DaveM
05-16-03, 12:11 AM
I can't wait.

Back to nVidia for now.

I'll post benchmarks and testing when I get it.

Of course its 256mb version.

Can't wait, so excited :afro:

DaveM

http://www.avault.com/hardware/images/geforcefx5900ul2.jpg

DaveM
05-16-03, 12:15 AM
Yeah I know.

I'll do some benchs on ut2k3 , some other games and app type stuff like reviewers do. hell i'll throw together a review.

Also it will be on a 3200xp barton 400fsb, A7N8X with a audigy.

So It will be a sorta top of the line setup type review :D.

See what she can do :)

DaveM

Spotch
05-16-03, 12:17 AM
Either your smoking crack or you are getting a pre release part...

DaveM
05-16-03, 12:23 AM
pre-release.

lol :D.

No crack for me :D

gokickrocks
05-16-03, 12:25 AM
benchmark a game like bf1942...a game you dont see being benched

DaveM
05-16-03, 12:30 AM
Ok, It'll be here soon.

Also heres where i got it.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=612849

DaveM
05-16-03, 12:45 AM
Looks sweet.

Those P4 3.0C are fast as hell. If i had the money i would have went that way :).

I just upgraded to the 3200xp from my old P4 1.6A @ 2.53, i can notice just a little, maybe i'll tell better with new card and drivers :D.

DaveM

gokickrocks
05-16-03, 01:33 AM
you must have a lot of a cash for a p4 3.2c...they cost $775...

how many arms and legs are you trading in?

Darth Rancid
05-16-03, 01:35 AM
Pre-release cards are much better than crack. :D

marqmajere
05-16-03, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by DaveM
I can't wait.

Back to nVidia for now.

I'll post benchmarks and testing when I get it.

Of course its 256mb version.

Can't wait, so excited :afro:

DaveM

http://www.avault.com/hardware/images/geforcefx5900ul2.jpg


How is it that I both love and hate you at the same time? Is that even morally right? :D

zakelwe
05-16-03, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by CoWBoY
lmao... actually, I have been holding out for awhile. Since the NV30 for videocards and the 800Mhz FSB CPU's. I was going to hold out till PCI-Express but decided that maybe this time next year I will just build another one and let my son's play against me and others online with.

I really want a Prescott, although this will make me very happy in the mean time. :D

My 3.0Ghz P4 800FSB cpu arrived yesterday :-

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/3750.jpg

SLK 900U heatsink, 80mm delta 80cfm and 1.7v in an Asus PC4800

Rather fast :-

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6485856


Regards

Andy

nVidi0t
05-16-03, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by zakelwe
My 3.0Ghz P4 800FSB cpu arrived yesterday :-

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/3750.jpg

SLK 900U heatsink, 80mm delta 80cfm and 1.7v in an Asus PC4800

Rather fast :-

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6485856


Regards

Andy

BASTAGE!

Nemesis
05-16-03, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by zakelwe
My 3.0Ghz P4 800FSB cpu arrived yesterday :-

SLK 900U heatsink, 80mm delta 80cfm and 1.7v in an Asus PC4800

Rather fast :-

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6485856



This is risking being OT, but - what memory and timings you running it that rig, Andy? I'm getting virtually the same setup very soon :D

And just to bring this back on topic - I intend to stick a GF FX5900 in it later this year, in time for Doom3...

zakelwe
05-16-03, 07:11 AM
I am using a 5:4 ratio so that is 250FSB : 200 Memory. The memory is 2 x Corsair XMS P3500.

I'd like to have run 1:1 but the Corsair will not do 250 at good timings, ie Cas 2-3-2-5 or Cas 2-2-2-5.

It's as stable as a rock. I'll give you an indication of the performance gain, using the same video card clocks :-

Before :- Barton XP2500 @ 2415MHz ( 11.5x210 ) = 16900

Intel P4 3.0@3750 ( 250FSB/200mem ) = 17900.

If you use this setup with a 5900 then you ain't going to hav a problem with Doom ;)

I can't afford a 5900 now .. I wonder why ... LOL.

Regards

Andy

PS The northbridge heatsink has one of those thermal pads on it and mine was only half covering the chip, so if you get an Asus make sure you take it off and put some artic silver on it.

DaveM
05-16-03, 11:21 AM
Yeah watching my ups tracking number, just waiting.

Can't wait to play all my new games on it, curious to see how good it runs.

Can't wait ! :)

Also nice speed on the P4, i would have went that way if i had the money :).

I came out good on the trade I think. Traded Z680's (I have the klipsch 5.1 so i didn't need them anymore) and also my Xbox with 3 games. It was worth it considering I don't play xbox anymore and I have better speakers :D.

Well I'll keep you guys updated soon as I get it :).

DaveM

DaveM
05-16-03, 01:40 PM
Thats how I feel about my video card man

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/jumping.gif http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/jumping.gif

Kain
05-16-03, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by zakelwe
I am using a 5:4 ratio so that is 250FSB : 200 Memory. The memory is 2 x Corsair XMS P3500.

I'd like to have run 1:1 but the Corsair will not do 250 at good timings, ie Cas 2-3-2-5 or Cas 2-2-2-5.

It's as stable as a rock. I'll give you an indication of the performance gain, using the same video card clocks :-

Before :- Barton XP2500 @ 2415MHz ( 11.5x210 ) = 16900

Intel P4 3.0@3750 ( 250FSB/200mem ) = 17900.

If you use this setup with a 5900 then you ain't going to hav a problem with Doom ;)

I can't afford a 5900 now .. I wonder why ... LOL.

Regards

Andy

PS The northbridge heatsink has one of those thermal pads on it and mine was only half covering the chip, so if you get an Asus make sure you take it off and put some artic silver on it. Wow.

It's pretty sad how a 3750MHz (800MHz system bus) processor can only put out 1000 more marks than a 2415MHz (333MHz system bus) processor. :p

nVidi0t
05-16-03, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Wow.

It's pretty sad how a 3750MHz (800MHz system bus) processor can only put out 1000 more marks than a 2415MHz (333MHz system bus) processor. :p

It's called a graphics card bottleneck.

Geforce4ti4200
05-16-03, 10:02 PM
"I am using a 5:4 ratio so that is 250FSB : 200 Memory. The memory is 2 x Corsair XMS P3500.

I'd like to have run 1:1 but the Corsair will not do 250 at good timings, ie Cas 2-3-2-5 or Cas 2-2-2-5."


wait a min, you are getting good ram and underclocking it? 250fsb at cas3 should be way faster than 200 at cas2

solofly
05-17-03, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by zakelwe
Before :- Barton XP2500 @ 2415MHz ( 11.5x210 ) = 16900

Intel P4 3.0@3750 ( 250FSB/200mem ) = 17900.

1000 points gain with 1335Mhz adventage. Interesting...

Slappi
05-17-03, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
It's called a graphics card bottleneck.


Is that the FW900 you have there for your monitor?

Is widescreen gaming kick ass? Is everything too stretched looking?

bkswaney
05-17-03, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by solofly
1000 points gain with 1335Mhz adventage. Interesting...

My scores are about the same with a 3.1Ghz P4 an 5800 ultra.
18,000 is well in reach. :)

DaveM
05-18-03, 12:33 AM
Well internet finally back on. 2 days without it, I was dying lol.

Well just a little bit closer to my 5900 Ultra :D.

Fook Me
05-18-03, 12:35 AM
Dave, do you think the FX 5900 is worth $500.00???

DaveM
05-18-03, 01:04 AM
I don't know if it is but i traded 350 worth stuff to me, so i made out good in a trade.

So really 350 on my part in trade (not cash as i stated before) i'm pretty happy.

Its in knoxville now, getting close to Jackson :D